Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Picture of the day. Dismissing Tim Paine. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Why was Woakes padded up as night watchman? 

No Anderson obviously so shouldn't Broad be next in line? 

Oh he doesn't like quick bowling cos he got hit once. 
    Broad ain't good enough for a nightwatchman. 
    Stats say he is a far better batsman than say Jack Leach 
  • Surrey openers fail to match Aussie score....

• Picture of the day. Dismissing Tim Paine. 
    Broad just been shown our squad numbers.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Broad hasn't been an option since he got hit on the head - over the last two years and from 40 plus Test innings he is averaging just over 10 and the thought of facing Cummins and Pattinson with the new ball would have him standing next to the square leg umpire at the point of delivery!

• This is picture of the day. 
  • Why did we send out a nightwatchman against Ireland but don't do it now against the Aussies? Not a fan of them myself but there is a bit of inconsistency given that there are no more than 2 overs tonight.
    We did. We sent out 2 Surrey players
  • Wow, that's some batting from Smith, getting half his team's score and being the lead batsman in their top four partnerships. Otherwise, an excellent day for England.
  • I think it was for the good of test match cricket that Oz weren't blown away. I obviously want England to win but its much more enjoyable watching an actual contest. Now here's hoping we don't get blown away!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully a dry day for Blackpool72 today.
  • I think it was for the good of test match cricket that Oz weren't blown away. I obviously want England to win but its much more enjoyable watching an actual contest. Now here's hoping we don't get blown away!
    Good for someone with Day 3 tickets certainly!
  • I’d give anything to see a Jason Roy 100 of 60 or something equally ridiculous in an Ashes series.
  • Laddick01 said:
    I’d give anything to see a Jason Roy 100 of 60 or something equally ridiculous in an Ashes series.
    Roy will always chase those wide balls. He just isn't programmed to leave the ball in any number. It's just a question of whether he gets a score or even just manages to spread the field before the Aussies get him.

• Interesting the talk of Matthew Wade coming on as a 5th bowler - he actually has 8 First Class wickets. The only other regular wicket keeper I can think of to bowl in Test cricket is Dhoni.
  • Interesting the talk of Matthew Wade coming on as a 5th bowler - he actually has 8 First Class wickets. The only other regular wicket keeper I can think of to bowl in Test cricket is Dhoni.
    If you have a really good spinner then the 5th bowler can hold an end for long periods, like Warne and indeed Swann did. It would be desperate if Wade had to bowl, surely Smith would be a better option as he has a knack of picking up big wickets
  • Laddick01 said:
    I’d give anything to see a Jason Roy 100 of 60 or something equally ridiculous in an Ashes series.
    Roy will always chase those wide balls. He just isn't programmed to leave the ball in any number. It's just a question of whether he gets a score or even just manages to spread the field before the Aussies get him.

Alex Hales never quite got it right, he looked like an attacking player trying to play carefully like an Alastair Cook, and failing to achieve either
  • Jimmy running around in pre-match practice. Hopefully fit enough to make a further contribution but I think, if he was, management would have announced it. Keeping the Aussies guessing I suppose. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He certainly used to be.
    Last couple of years his batting at test level has dropped conciderably. 
  • This looks like the sort of day where we make Nathan Lyon the danger man 
  • Bye bye Roy. Pity. 
  • 22-1, Roy out. Root at the crease
  • Bye bye Roy. Pity. 
    The real pity is that Roy Burns and Denly occupy three of the top four batting places. 
    I know I'm stating the obvious but those three should be nowhere near our test side. 
    The fact that they are only emphasises our lack of batsman at the top of the order. 
  • Superb ball to get a wicket.
    Roy managed to resist the ball before but Pattinson who is more injury prone than Lewis Page is so dangerous.
  • Bye bye Roy. Pity. 
    The real pity is that Roy Burns and Denly occupy three of the top four batting places. 
    I know I'm stating the obvious but those three should be nowhere near our test side. 
    The fact that they are only emphasises our lack of batsman at the top of the order. 
    It's very easy to pick out players that shouldn't be picked.  But, unless you go into the game with only eight players, you have to replace them. 

So, who would you choose as your two openers and top order batsman who are better, more reliable, more consistent and much more likely to score heavily than those three players, who currently have a 100% win record this Summer? 

:wink:
  • Chizz said:
    Bye bye Roy. Pity. 
    It's very easy to pick out players that shouldn't be picked.  But, unless you go into the game with only eight players, you have to replace them. 

So, who would you choose as your two openers and top order batsman who are better, more reliable, more consistent and much more likely to score heavily than those three players, who currently have a 100% win record this Summer? 

:wink:

Chizz said:
    Bye bye Roy. Pity. 

ink: :There is no one better at the moment that is my point our top order is nowhere near as good as it should be. 
    As for the three of them having a 100%win record this summer. 
    A win against Ireland lol.
  • That ball that got Roy was a serious nut, absolutely no shame in getting out to that. 2 of Roy's test dismissals so far have been very good balls 
  • The way Lyon is spinning that ball already I’m worried.