Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• This is exactly when you want Roy to come in. Platform is set and the new ball seen off. Chance for him to dominate the bowlers as they are tiring. batting order just feels a bit upside down. 
    Denly to open with Burns and Roy at four makes far more sence. 
  • This is exactly when you want Roy to come in. Platform is set and the new ball seen off. Chance for him to dominate the bowlers as they are tiring. batting order just feels a bit upside down. 
    Denly to open with Burns and Roy at four makes far more sence. 

Maybe if you are 160-2 , but how many times is that going to happen this series?
  • Courtesy of Cricinfo...

"It's a little-known fact that singer Billy Ocean is a long time family friend of England cricketer Joe Denly. Billy wrote one of his most famous songs for Joe's mother, Susan. Su Denly."

He is also good friends with Travis Head, wrote something about his uncle Richard. 

(Paraphrased from Cricinfo) 
  • 4/5 sessions to us so far?
  • Yeah we are in control of this 

Pitch isn't really helping the convicts today but Burns has batted very well against some fairly intense pressure. 

I'm also really happy Joey Denly has been given an opportunity at 4 
  • Best 2 sessions of test cricket I have for ages from England! Keep going boys. Get to stumps level with 5/6 men left to bat
  • Level and no more than 4 down would be a fantastic day. 
  • Amazing what happens when you don't have Warne and Mcgrath in your team.
  • OZ only using 4 bowlers (thats all they have) ... imagine if they have a 'Jimmy' and one breaks down.
  • They've found a swinging nut. Here we go, England...
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    They've found a swinging nut. Here we go, England...
    "Same old Aussies, always cheating"
  • One over since they switched the ball. it swung on average 2.9 degrees. average before they switched the ball 0.9 degrees. The change of ball has changed the game. And now its got Denly.
  • Boyc's is raving about this ball change on TMS. New one has swung 7 times more than the previous one. 
  • Also a point to make about Aus constantly deliberately slowing the over rate. gives them an extra edge after going in with a 4 man attack just allows them to keep their 3 quicks a bit fresher.
  • Absolute joke, the new ball they've taken is max 35 overs old and clearly from a different batch.... 
  • As I'm abroad and can only follow on here.
    Can someone tell me why they changed the ball.
  • To be fair to the Aussies, this is yet another example of poor umpiring this Test
    It wasn’t swinging at all. 

Changed it. 

Now its swinging all over the gaff. 
    It wouldn't fit through the gauge so it had gone out of shape. Trouble is that they didn't have a like for like ball. The Aussies including Pain and Smith were trying to have some input as to which replacement they should use and were told to go away by the umpires.

Denly and Buttler gone with the use of the "new" ball and Burns has a touch of nervous 90s 
  • The nervous 92's are over.
  • Sponsored links:

• After 37 minutes of no runs, Lyon helps him out with a wide long hop!
    It wouldn't fit through the gauge so it had gone out of shape. Trouble is that they didn't have a like for like ball. The Aussies including Pain and Smith were trying to have some input as to which replacement they should use and were told to go away by the umpires.

Denly and Buttler gone with the use of the "new" ball and Burns has a touch of nervous 90s 
    Thanks 
  • Bostick Burns gets his ton.

• Bostick Burns gets his ton.

Surrey to the rescue 
  • Well done Burns. That's cemented his place for the series now
  • Well done Burns!
  • You won't find his technique in any batting manual. 
    But it works for him.
  • Am looking up recipes for hat for dinner.
    One innings doesn't make a summer of course and England's still far enough behind to cough up a 50 deficit on first dig.
    Burns has scratched and twitched and played and missed his way to 3 figures.  Captain cretin rode his luck but showed signs of application and maybe even reflection, didn't even burn a review.  Blimus
  • You won't find his technique in any batting manual. 
    But it works for him.

Same as Smith really.

Great knock, Rory - well done

• Literally delayed leaving the house for about 50 mins waiting for burns to get his hundred