Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Jim Maxwell the Aussie Commentator on Radio 5

"Burns beaten for the 837th time in this innings"

The Analyst chipped in.

" Only 35 Jim"
  • Stokes gone for 50. Still think we will need to be batting near tea to win this one. 
  • Bairstow already has more runs in this series than in the series against Ireland. 
  • Bairstow n Ali .. now is the time to justify your selections .. no fancy stuff, just get stuck in and score lots
  • Both overnight batsmen out. How many balls do we give Lord Moeen against Lyon? I'll say 'three' and hope he proves me wrong 
  • super innings from Burns , he must be really cream crackered
  • super innings from Burns , he must be really cream crackered
    Proper old fashioned test innings. 
    Apart from his technique of course. 
  • Ali is a walking wicket these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Ali is a walking wicket these days.

He needs a spell playing regular county cricket to get his mojo back.
  • Thanks for your (usual) contribution, Mo.
  • He needs to bat at 9 and have a thrash tbh

• cfgs said:

he's gotta go .. his bowling is not all that either .. might as well pick Leach, or another pace bowler .
  • edited August 2019
    Bairstow n Ali .. now is the time to justify your selections .. no fancy stuff, just get stuck in and score lots
    Bairstow n Ali .. now is the time to justify your selections .. no fancy stuff, just get stuck in and score lots

f f s .. the Muppet horror show

• cfgs said:

he's gotta go .. his bowling is not all that either .. might as well pick Leach, or another pace bowler .
    At least Leach will help solve a problem with the openers.
  • Bairstow n Ali .. now is the time to justify your selections .. no fancy stuff, just get stuck in and score lots
    And both fail 
  • Ali can't bat against Lyon.
    9 times to the same bowler.
    Bairstow wicket makes Aussies favourites again.
  • At least Ali brings bowling to the team. Bairstow OR Buttler is the selection and they can't fudge it again 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep Bairstow needs to go and I’m struggling to make the case for Moeen now too.

I’d probably drop both at this point. Leach in, Foakes or Curran in.
  • Leuth said:
    At least Ali brings bowling to the team. Bairstow OR Buttler is the selection and they can't fudge it again 
    Bring in Foakes to bat and keep at 7 and pick 2 form Bairstow, Buttler and Denley? 
  • Leuth said:
    At least Ali brings bowling to the team. Bairstow OR Buttler is the selection and they can't fudge it again 
    we know he's your numero uno pash .. BUT, his bowling is mediocre at best and his batting is rubbish .. he's gotta go and I'll wager he won't be in the team for the next test .. Ali, score a ton 2nd innings and take a 5 fer .. prove me wrong
  • Leuth said:
    The England shirt has three lions on it, not three pears.

😉
  • Foakes is a far better keeper than  Bairstow and on current form a better batsman also.
  • edited August 2019
    If they were to drop Bairstow and Ali - which team would you choose?

A ) Burns, Roy, Root, Denly, Northeast, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer. 

B ) Burns, Sibley, Root, Denly, Roy, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer

C ) Burns, Roy, Root, Denly, Buttler, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer.

D ) Another. 

• Selection should be easy, 6 batsman, Stokes and 4 bowlers.  We only really have 2 or 3 of the 6, and one of them is Stokes.  
  • Leuth said:

😉
    Leuth said:

😉

or three little ducks
  • Just...let's see how Moeen bowls in the second innings before we dig his grave 
  • edited August 2019
    If they were to drop Bairstow and Ali - which team would you choose?

A ) Burns, Roy, Root, Denly, Northeast, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer. 

B ) Burns, Sibley, Root, Denly, Roy, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer

C ) Burns, Roy, Root, Denly, Buttler, Stokes, Foakes, Woakes, Leach, Broad, Jimmy/Archer.

D ) Another. 

Burns, Roy, Root, Denly, Stokes, Buttler, Foakes/Curran, Woakes, Broad, Leach, Jimmy/Archer.

Basicallt C but I’d consider bringing in Curran over Foakes just because the kid can bat better than Bairstow and Ali can, plus he’s an additional threat with the ball in hand.