Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Come on England, bat big, bat once.
  • Interesting the talk of Matthew Wade coming on as a 5th bowler - he actually has 8 First Class wickets. The only other regular wicket keeper I can think of to bowl in Test cricket is Dhoni.
    And on he comes. And bowls a wide and a rank full toss in his first 3 balls.
  • So far this has been old fashioned test cricket, at its nerve wracking best.
  • Gutsy performance from Rory Burns .. this will give him tremendous confidence for the rest of the series
  • Given up with Wade after one over so ball now thrown to Travis Head 
  • Gutsy performance from Rory Burns .. this will give him tremendous confidence for the rest of the series
    It has given me a bit of confidence in him, not the best technique but has gits.
  • You won't find his technique in any batting manual. 
    But it works for him.
    You won't find his technique in any batting manual. 
    But it works for him.

his stance reminds me of Chris Broad, though CB was a much taller man and he didn't move his head nearly so much as Burns .. other than that .. replica lol
  • I certainly think Burns has more about him as a test opening batsman than some that have been tried over the last couple of years. 
  • Given up with Wade after one over so ball now thrown to Travis Head 
    Never be as good as Alistair Cook!
  • edited August 2019
    You won't find his technique in any batting manual. 
    But it works for him.
    He bats like he's got Tourette's.
  • Sponsored links:

It's not just Burns that will get a huge confidence lift, but the rest of the batting line up.
  • Come on England, bat big, bat once.
    56AD England batted big and batted once 
  • Listening to TMS, loving the atmosphere coming from the crowd now. Hope it's like that tomorrow when I'm there!
  • I certainly think Burns has more about him as a test opening batsman than some that have been tried over the last couple of years. 

Be honest you said the same about Carberry, Lyth, Robson, Jennings, Hameed, Compton, Stoneman...... 
  • Listening to TMS, loving the atmosphere coming from the crowd now. Hope it's like that tomorrow when I'm there!
    The crowd are absolutely brilliant 
  • I'm glad he hasn't but I can't believe Lyon is yet to take a wicket.

Be honest you said the same about Carberry, Lyth, Robson, Jennings, Hameed, Compton, Stoneman...... 
    You forgot Leach, Trott and Ali ;-) 
  • I'm glad he hasn't but I can't believe Lyon is yet to take a wicket.
    He would have, if they'd used DRS properly
  • Sponsored links:

• So pleased for Rory, what a great innings. If he can blunt the openers for an hour tomirrow then it should be make hay for Stokes, Bairstow and Ali. 
  • Chizz said:
    I'm glad he hasn't but I can't believe Lyon is yet to take a wicket.
    He would have, if they'd used DRS properly
    Root tried to run him out as well, having succeeded against Denly last week!
  • Boycottesque stuff from Burns .. they shall not pass .. the Aussie bowlers stuck at it, the fielding was always keen .. a day of proper test cricket 
  • Love the comment on BBC... 
    'the only problem is that Australia didnt pick enough batsmen and they didnt pick enough bowlers'
    Could be a real problem for them tomorrow if England start to extend their lead beyond lunch with say, 6 down. 

Did I fuck 
  • Great innings so far by burns. Looked nervy but seemed to relax into it and looked a lot better after getting his hundred. Let’s hope he makes it a big one tomorrow.
  • Rory Burns played the first Ball and Rory Burns played the last ball of the day.

A fantastic achievement in an Ashes test match.

My local school Whitgift will be proud to see not only Burns but another ex pupil Roy playing in this match.
    What, they are Palace ? 
    You've just ruined the whole day.
  • Boycottesque stuff from Burns .. they shall not pass .. the Aussie bowlers stuck at it, the fielding was always keen .. a day of proper test cricket 
    Yes, apart from Roy, we actually played a Test Match like a Test Match.
  • Yes really great to see that this E gland team actually has application and can seamlessly move from white ball to red - thats the q for them to totally fuck it up tomorrow!
    However, thanks to Surrey, it looks like i will get to see a great day on Sunday - maybe a full day. 
  • Rory Burns played the first Ball and Rory Burns played the last ball of the day.

A fantastic achievement in an Ashes test match.

My local school Whitgift will be proud to see not only Burns but another ex pupil Roy playing in this match.
    What, they are Palace ? 
    You've just ruined the whole day.
    I was going to make a joke about him going to school in Harare but I thought I would let this one pass :p