Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Czech Republic-7:45PM

Comments

• Options
    'Cap for England before he makes a Premier League start' 

Something not right about that. 
  • Options
    Sterling's first goal was a bit of a stretch - wonder if he'd have scored Gazza's golden goal chance in 96?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nsctYBv5E
    Just what I was thinking. That’s was so agonising!
  • Options
    The Daily Mail will be fuming he’s stolen the match ball
    Dont worry he'll accidentally ignore a kid asking for an autograph tonight and the headlines will write themselves
  • Options
    Guardiola has turned Sterling from a player who had hit a wall and was lacking confidence after a miserable Euro 2016, into one of the best players in the world.

I hope people get off his case now and leave Pep to carry on improving him like you say. Genuinely pleased for him to get that hat-trick
  • Options

Stops Ghana from ever getting to him now though
  • Options
    Dont get those I work with who dont enjoy seeing this England team and see these matches as meaningless Qualifiers

Fucking love this England team myself... Have been looking forward to tonight since the Nations League and cant wait for Monday
    Agreed. Used to hate international breaks, now I can’t wait for the next one.
    Eng-Ger-Land!!!!!!!
  • Options

True, but seems way too early for him. Not like he's close to the starting XI. 

Would rather have given Wilson some game-time in case Kane is ever injured in the future. 
  • Options
    Have always said England will never win a World Cup or Euros in my lifetime

England will win a World Cup or Euros in the next 12 years
  • Options
    I’m a little bit young to remember what the Italia 90 team was like but I don’t think I’ve seen another England side play with the confidence and calmness that this side does, including Euro 96. 

We we just look like a real team at last. 
  • Options

he wanted to leave Chelsea in January and if I was him I would try to get out of that club and join one where he gets game time. having said that he still manages to get himself an England cap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

anyone know if Kalas made a premier league start for Chelsea? they may have 2 players on the pitch that haven't started a league game for them
  • Options

True, but seems way too early for him. Not like he's close to the starting XI. 

Would rather have given Wilson some game-time in case Kane is ever injured in the future. 
    Or even call up Tammy Abraham again or even Dominic Calvert-Lewin

As you say we're a bit spoilt for a Striker who can play off Kane but a bit fucked for someone who can play down the centre if he's injured
  • Options
    That's an owl goal unfortunately. 
    Don’t be a twit (to woo)
  • Options

France are our biggest European threat at the moment I reckon - Still think the Belgium team is a bit like the England Golden Generation, plus other than Tielemans do they have many youngsters coming through now?
  • Options
    Giving these a proper spanking now.
  • Options
    Henderson's passing has been back to his best again tonight rather than the lump it forward and hope that we saw in the Semi Final
  • Options
    now we actually have some hype watch us bow out in the group stage in the euros.
  • Options
    The last few years we have won almost everything at youth level 17s/19s etc.

Southgate was the absolute perfect appointment to drip feed those players into the squad and blend with the experience already there.

With those groups all peaking at a similar time, looking back I think that was the most important decision the FA have made in years.
    Said it before but just hope Southgate sticks it out and that the FA stick it out with him even if god forbid we have a disaster of a tournament in Qatar

He's clearly the right man for the job despite being an undesirable name yet at the same time hope he doesnt get enticed by a Premier League side - the bloke is perfect for England because he's an International Manager, like Chris Coleman I think he'd do shite back in the club game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m a little bit young to remember what the Italia 90 team was like but I don’t think I’ve seen another England side play with the confidence and calmness that this side does, including Euro 96. 

We we just look like a real team at last. 
    We do indeed. I think apart from France, every other side must be looking at our attacking options and feeling a bit jealous.

And this is a squad tonight who are without Stones, Gomez, Trent A-A, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Winks, Lingard and Rashford. 
  • Options
    Bit of a random one, but watching the Czechs and the name of Milan Baros has popped into my mind.

I may be wrong but weren’t we reportedly close to signing him / scouting him before he went to Liverpool?
  • Options

France are our biggest European threat at the moment I reckon - Still think the Belgium team is a bit like the England Golden Generation, plus other than Tielemans do they have many youngsters coming through now?

Agree about France. I also think Holland are improving after recent years not qualifying. Watching Ajax team the other week against Real Madrid I was very impressed with some of their young Dutch players. Still think England could do very well next year
  • Options
    Harry's claiming that!
  • Options
    Jesus wept... Regardless we've gotta remember we've had a LOT of luck this second half; some of these deflections we've benefited from could have gone anywhere
  • Options
    Bit of a random one, but watching the Czechs and the name of Milan Baros has popped into my mind.

I may be wrong but weren’t we reportedly close to signing him / scouting him before he went to Liverpool?
    Kezman is the only Eastern European I remember us going after yet he of course ended up as a flop @ Chelsea
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Halix said:
    Cant all the Corps finish their prawn sandwiches a bit quicker, it really pisses me off seeing two whole sections empty. I suppose it does show where their priorities lie.
    And now they're going home with a quarter of an hour to go.
  • Options
    You can tell Hudson Odoi will be some player - he’s already pretty handy! 

Best thing for England will be if he gets his move to Bayern imo. Rather than sitting on the bench......

unless the the likes of him and Foden break through next year