Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Kodja, not another one of those fishing puns is it...
  • John the Baptist ?
    Useless in the air, can't head a ball.
  • We’re not after a player called John, Thomas or Jerry.

• I think a midfield of Gallagher, Cullen, Williams and whoever we can sign tomorrow will be our best one. 
    Not just you, cafcfan, but everyone seems to have written off Forster-Caskey in their ruminations on our midfield. Dozens of discussions about our present and potential midfielders, but he has hardly been mentioned.

If and when fully fit, he would be well up to Championship standard. Evidence so far is that it is going to be a slower return to 100% fitness for him than for some players, but he will make it at some point this season.
    Personally never been his biggest fan but will give him a chance. He’s tidy in multiple areas without any outstanding attributes. Glad we have him but not expecting too much from him. 
  • John Wayne Bobbit

He doesn't have the balls for The Championship....

• I think a midfield of Gallagher, Cullen, Williams and whoever we can sign tomorrow will be our best one. 
    Not just you, cafcfan, but everyone seems to have written off Forster-Caskey in their ruminations on our midfield. Dozens of discussions about our present and potential midfielders, but he has hardly been mentioned.

If and when fully fit, he would be well up to Championship standard. Evidence so far is that it is going to be a slower return to 100% fitness for him than for some players, but he will make it at some point this season.
    Personally never been his biggest fan but will give him a chance. He’s tidy in multiple areas without any outstanding attributes. Glad we have him but not expecting too much from him. 
    That's very gracious of you to give him a chance mate. 

I think his effectiveness depends on the strength of who he's playing with. He won't necessarily boss a midfield or run a game on his own but he does serve as a good outlet/partner to someone more dynamic.

• edited August 2019
    I guess we’re really Going to  find out today whether Bowyer is the real Del Boy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Scoham said:
    We’re not after a player called John, Thomas or Jerry.
    Well that was a waste of 3 pages.
    Not really..... just seen my Twitter handle on CL.
  • I am just pleased that the deadline is a far more sensible 5pm.
  • What a day to wake up and find that your work have switched off your ability to view all tweets!  Ggrrr.
  • Someone with a bit P A S S I O N, is it John of the Pleased Wimmin?
    Nice one...that takes me back in time!

• edited August 2019
    https://twitter.com/TomBarclay_/status/1159356359730708481

A bit more definitive sounding than the last one
  • Happy underwhelmed day all.
  • West Brom fan on Field... Sounds like he'll replace Pratley and be Bielik's replacement in Midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    I have a good feeling about today,

2 mids one st ill be happy

2 and 2 ill be over the moon

Maybe we are going to be supprised for the first time in 4 years, that the old scroot has kinda backed Bowyer 
  • cant keep track what rumours are currently flying about 

taylor we will know come 5pm or earlier, would be delighted if he announced he had signed a new contract

Sorry didn’t realise I had to love every single player. 

Sorry didn’t realise I had to love every single player. 
    Hahaha, don't have to love every player mate, it's more the fact he's played 2 hours 1st team football in a year. 
    We all going to have to give him a chance as we don't have a lot of options.