Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I think a midfield of Gallagher, Cullen, Williams and whoever we can sign tomorrow will be our best one. 
    Not just you, cafcfan, but everyone seems to have written off Forster-Caskey in their ruminations on our midfield. Dozens of discussions about our present and potential midfielders, but he has hardly been mentioned.

If and when fully fit, he would be well up to Championship standard. Evidence so far is that it is going to be a slower return to 100% fitness for him than for some players, but he will make it at some point this season.
    Personally never been his biggest fan but will give him a chance. He’s tidy in multiple areas without any outstanding attributes. Glad we have him but not expecting too much from him. 
    That's very gracious of you to give him a chance mate. 
    Sorry didn’t realise I had to love every single player. 
    Hahaha, don't have to love every player mate, it's more the fact he's played 2 hours 1st team football in a year. 
    We all going to have to give him a chance as we don't have a lot of options. 
    Yes but he played before you know. I thought he was a very tidy League 1 player but I wouldn’t have had him in our team last year. 

Like last year I don’t think options are going to be limited in CM. 
  • cant keep track what rumours are currently flying about 

taylor we will know come 5pm or earlier, would be delighted if he announced he had signed a new contract
    How the the day will be judged depends almost entirely upon where LT will be lining up at 3.00 pm on Saturday.......dare I say it, but for most Charlton fans nothing else really matters.

• Wish list
    Keep Lyle
    Get Striker
    Get Field
    Get RB

Likely
    Lose Taylor
    Miss Striker
    Get Field
    Get RB

• So. The day begins. A fresh line of paint is glistening in the early morning as Addicks all over the world await hours of inner and outer turmoil.  Will that line be breached and in what direction by the time the transfer window clock runs down later today. 

Let your spleen be vented, your F5 refresh button bashed, we are all ready.  Hope, anguish, highs and lows and thrown into the mix the wild machinations of one very weird Belgian despot.

Have fun fellow Addicks, but i am off out for the day, somewhere where t'tinternet cannot reach, my fingers firmly in my ears. You will spot me, the strange looking fella repeating "la la la la la la..." to himself.
  • 9 hours to either rejoice and feel, I and others were pessimistic with our relegation shout or 9 hours to feel utter dejection because of the lost of a hero ?

I have butterflies. 
    I didn't feel this nervous when I took my driving test or got married.

I can't pray because of my beliefs in Nature and not some man made concepts BUT if it meant 3 decent signings today and our POTY is still in situ then amen to that.

• Above all else if we keep lyle I'm happy anything else is a bonus at this point
  • Keeping Lyle is important but we are down if our only business today is doing that. Fortunately it won’t be. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Wish list
    Keep Lyle
    Get Striker
    Get Field
    Get RB

Likely
    Lose Taylor
    Miss Striker
    Get Field
    Get RB

We won’t sell Taylor without another striker coming in. I don’t think we will sell Taylor full stop.
    I really hope you're right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a feeling Taylor won't be going any where today.
  • cant keep track what rumours are currently flying about 

taylor we will know come 5pm or earlier, would be delighted if he announced he had signed a new contract
    How the the day will be judged depends almost entirely upon where LT will be lining up at 3.00 pm on Saturday.......dare I say it, but for most Charlton fans nothing else really matters.

Heart ruling head (as it does most of the time for football fans) then I agree.

However, if Lyle goes and the money is used to give Bowyer another 4 or 5 quality loans plus perhaps a purchase then head needs to rule heart. That's a big 'if' I know, we are dealing with a lunatic owner.

If Lyle goes and nobody comes in then all hell will break loose.
  • Today could make rides at Alton Tower seem on the level.

Strap yourselves in.
  • Hold on to your balls... Here we go 
  • My advice is to turn this off and come back this evening. That's what i'm doing. Bye.
    You’ll never do it 
  • Field in = Morgan going out on loan I reckon, we’ve currently two in each midfield position.
  • Hold on to your hats gonna be a long day
  • Loving our recruitment policy at the club, better than its been for years, young, on the way up, hungry players.
    None of the 30 something loan's we used to get on the last hours of the window. 
    There is still time for you to be let down...☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• We have to trust bowyer on the taylor scenario - it’s within our gift for him to stay but 1 - will throwing money at him upset the team harmony / wage structure and 2 - does bowyer think that money will be better used elsewhere? Does LT also see s season of misery if he stays or is it all about that last chance to cash in? - for which I wouldn’t blame him - Who knows but I’m sure LB will do his best
  • bobmunro said:
    cant keep track what rumours are currently flying about 

Heart ruling head (as it does most of the time for football fans) then I agree.

However, if Lyle goes and the money is used to give Bowyer another 4 or 5 quality loans plus perhaps a purchase then head needs to rule heart. That's a big 'if' I know, we are dealing with a lunatic owner.

If Lyle goes and nobody comes in then all hell will break loose.
    Not sure we want another 5 loans! Wouldn’t even be able to play them all. 
  • Field in = Morgan going out on loan I reckon, we’ve currently two in each midfield position.
    Think Lapslie more likely to go. 
  • Not all incomings today are necessarily going to be loans 
  • And they're off!
  • Boom!! Just the start we need...