Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    That's ridiculous, surely the L1 sides would have seen Morgan's promise last season? 
    Especially as he played in the two Semi-Final games
    They would've seen him get physically overwhelmed and a bit lost during the first 45 mins in the home leg v Donny.
    He was withdrawn at half time, remember. 

But nevertheless it's a strange one. There are plenty of match video's available where you can see his impact on Charlton 1st team matches at the back end of last season.

Surprised Karl Robinson hasn't come in for him. He plays 5 in midfield and already knows Morgan's potential. 

Very true but think it says a lot about Morgan and his character that Bowyer was able to put him in for those two games - Play-Offs are very different kettle of fish compared to the League season, if a player can almost handle the Play-Offs then for me they should be able to handle most of what the rest of the season can throw at them

Wonder if the loan deal will happen towards the end of the window when clubs realise they're not going to get a Premier League player in on loan, wont be surprised if some still hope to get Herbie Kane on loan so when that doesnt materialise will move on to lower targets
    As the window slams shut at 17:00 today they'd better get a move on!
    I guess clubs will be able to piss around with the data sheets again so will have until 7pm

Although I guess they dont need as long to complete a loan deal

Next question: If Albie doesnt move to a L1 | L2 team, do we send him to a National League team as Non-League isnt restricted to the transfer window as we've seen with previous loans to that level... Or is that just taking the piss out of him and might as well just stay and work with our own first team on the training pitch?
    Not ideal, but possible if it's a decent NL side

We want to improve his defensive and physical side, but sending him to a hoofball team wouldn't be good for his development
  • Options
    No one coming in for.a player luke morgan is astonishing
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To me JFC needs a loan, more than anyone else.  The kids have time on their side. 

JFC will hardly play for us before Xmas, could be a massive player after Christmas though. 
    I wouldn't be against him being loaned out as I don't think he will be much more than a bench player this season, and it would be nice for him to get some competitive game time in if he is needed after January.

Though that does depend on if any of our loans get recalled in January. I would guess that there is a chance that Cullen and Field could. However I do not see JFC getting in front of Kayal and Pratley currently. 
  • Options
    Good move that one for him!!
  • Options
    Morgan was quality against Sunderland and Luton at home. Two really big games and he ran our midfield. I really thought he would be in demand.
  • Options
    Morgan was quality against Sunderland and Luton at home. Two really big games and he ran our midfield. I really thought he would be in demand.
    Perhaps he's said he doesn't want to go out?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Surprising though when Bowyer specifically mentioned that he needed to go on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Unlikely that any player would want to stay and primarily only play U23 football when they could go and play in league 1 or 2.

With Kayal, Pratley, Field, Cullen, Williams, Oztumer, Gallagher, Lapslie, JFC and Aneke that he's going to feature much.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    To me JFC needs a loan, more than anyone else.  The kids have time on their side. 

JFC will hardly play for us before Xmas, could be a massive player after Christmas though. 
    I wouldn't be against him being loaned out as I don't think he will be much more than a bench player this season, and it would be nice for him to get some competitive game time in if he is needed after January.

Though that does depend on if any of our loans get recalled in January. I would guess that there is a chance that Cullen and Field could. However I do not see JFC getting in front of Kayal and Pratley currently. 
    Perfect for Bolton I'd have thought.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Unlikely that any player would want to stay and primarily only play U23 football when they could go and play in league 1 or 2.

With Kayal, Pratley, Field, Cullen, Williams, Oztumer, Gallagher, Lapslie, JFC and Aneke that he's going to feature much.
    Scored twice today for the Stiffs. Maybe thinks he's got a point to prove - and reckons he can still force his way into the Matchday squad?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    If he's in Sheffield right now, maybe the team bus is going to drop him off at Rotherham.

You heard it here first! :smile:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

We will be in trouble if JFC is in the first team at any point this season. I hate to say to but I don’t think he’s up to standard as seen during spells at MK Dons and Rotherham in the past.

Similar story to Ben Amos IMO. There’s a reason why they dropped down to League One to get regular game time...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    If he's in Sheffield right now, maybe the team bus is going to drop him off at Rotherham.

Or Sheffield United.

They dont want him getting injured ahead of his £20M move in Jan, so are paying an extra £5M to have him now and the deal will be confirmed Jan 1st 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He'll be driven around all the L1 teams on the way home this afternoon. After Rotherham, Doncaster. Then down to Burton on the way south, Coventry, MKD...
  • Options
    It's now gone 5pm ....... and the loan window SLAMS shut.

Did anyone else, apart from Wiredup go out on loan?

• Options
    Agree with that.
    Does he learn more on the training ground playing with and against Conor Gallagher, Sam Field,Jos Cullen etc or does he go to League 2 and play every week. Shame in some ways he can't make the 18 now but the Forest Green game may have knocked him further down the pecking order.

I rate him despite the defensive part of his game needs improving.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Surprising though when Bowyer specifically mentioned that he needed to go on loan
    Yeah, but who would want to leave the magic of the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably not the case but genuinely wondered when I watched the forest green game as to whether Morgan was deliberately not trying so as to put potential loan clubs off - jfc just wasn’t up to it although he was trying - can see him being released later in the year line Billy Clarke
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Probably not the case but genuinely wondered when I watched the forest green game as to whether Morgan was deliberately not trying so as to put potential loan clubs off - jfc just wasn’t up to it although he was trying - can see him being released later in the year line Billy Clarke
    I fear he won't be fit enough to play apart when needed now, or at least not do himself justice.  I can't see him fancying a week at Bromley in November.  I don't think we will see JFC play more than a handful of games in a Charlton shirt again.

Its a shame. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

It appears not. Certainly not on the BBC list of moves.

A big surprise is Bolton’s lack of activity. Obviously written off the season.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:

Lack of? They signed 9 players yesterday, still with the ability of signing a few more who are out of contract too.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:

Lack of? They signed 9 players yesterday, still with the ability of signing a few more who are out of contract too.
    I am guessing there is an element of sarcasm in the original comment....

Still 9 players, but probably only 3 decent for that level.... the Stoke loanee, Bridcutt, and Murphy (although he is 36).

Its impossible not to feel pleased for them, although doesnt take much for their fans to forget where they came from. Couple were getting shirty with some Doncaster fan on twitter - saying they were miles bigger than them and Doncaster are their new feeder club. All this talk of promotion and being the Man City of league 1..... its still a relegation squad but at least they have a squad. If we had that squad in league 1 we would just want survival and thats without taking the points deduction in to account.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:

I am guessing there is an element of sarcasm in the original comment....

Still 9 players, but probably only 3 decent for that level.... the Stoke loanee, Bridcutt, and Murphy (although he is 36).

Its impossible not to feel pleased for them, although doesnt take much for their fans to forget where they came from. Couple were getting shirty with some Doncaster fan on twitter - saying they were miles bigger than them and Doncaster are their new feeder club. All this talk of promotion and being the Man City of league 1..... its still a relegation squad but at least they have a squad. If we had that squad in league 1 we would just want survival and thats without taking the points deduction in to account.
    Said on here before for some reason I’ve never liked Bolton so I hope they go down. For me, if there had to be one team being kicked out the league, I would have rather it been Bolton than Bury.
  • Options
    Harriott signs a 2 year deal with Colchester. Seems a long time ago when it looked like we would sign him as being better than nothing!
    Shame he didn’t manage to get a League One club, he’s better than League Two so should do well at Colchester.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Harriott signs a 2 year deal with Colchester. Seems a long time ago when it looked like we would sign him as being better than nothing!
    Shame he didn’t manage to get a League One club, he’s better than League Two so should do well at Colchester.
    Yes, he's played nearly all his career in the Championship, so L2 is a bit of a drop
  • Options
    Very surprised he couldn't get a league one club. Surely at the very least Bolton would've been interested.

Perhaps he limited his options by wanting to stay down south?