Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Bowyer is King 
  • Moo said:
    I think Eaves will definitely be signing. Heard the wage is lower then he would have liked but a fairly generous bonus per goal is being negotiated. 
    Think he was on 1.5-2k tops at gills . So he will get a payrise for sure. 
    Ah I’m not saying he won’t but the fact remains other clubs are offering more, and that includes a few teams in the league below.   
  • Cawley saying his understanding is that we won't be signing Tom Eaves. 
  • Bowyer and his team have the knack of signing players,loan or otherwise,fit into their idea of the Charlton way,same as Curbs,Powell,and Lawrence,these guys are worth more to their clubs than all the fancy dan mercenaries that make a good living out of football while actually achieving very little.
  • edited June 2019
    We are all in agreement  about Lee, but I think we do underestimate the influence of JJ in the set up. He makes a magnificent number 2, a real Charlton manager in the making.
  • With JJ, Pratley, Phillips and Taylor I think we have the nucleus of a great team spirit/atmosphere.  

These are the characters we need and LB needs to be careful to bring in more of this ilk with quality to go with it.  

That is how you compete with bigger earners-bigger spirit mixed with the right quality.
  • The the only person I can think of worth having on a free Is Aneke. Let’s see what happens ! 
  • We need two strikers to come in. Both have to be good enough to partner Taylor straight away. Bonne might or might not work out but is a reasonable gamble. If we can’t afford to sign someone like Tom Eaves then it’s difficult to see where we are going to get two with goals in them playing in The Championship. I completely trust Gallen and Bowyer to identify the players we need but if we can’t compete with any Championship and some League One clubs then getting in players and strikers in particular is going to be very difficult. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Shame, I think Eaves would’ve been a good 3rd/4th choice but that’s obviously a luxury we can’t afford.

We don't know that it's about money. Maybe Bowyer wants a different type of striker?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Shame, I think Eaves would’ve been a good 3rd/4th choice but that’s obviously a luxury we can’t afford.

We don't know that it's about money. Maybe Bowyer wants a different type of striker?
    Bowyer does want a pacey Grant like striker first and foremost but we do need some physical presence as well. 
  • If Bauer can get a mil per year from someone then he should grab it. Sure won't be us.

• Cawley saying his understanding is that we won't be signing Tom Eaves. 
    Aguero is much better anyway
  • Laddick01 said:

Bowyer does want a pacey Grant like striker first and foremost but we do need some physical presence as well. 
    Last summer Bowyer said something around not wanting a target man. Perhaps he wants another striker similar to Taylor - capable of holding up the ball, has height and strength to compete with CBs, but also more mobile than an out and out target man.

Having two strikers that could run in behind, beat defenders, drift out wide and cross or get into the box is one of the reasons why Taylor and Grant were so dangerous.

Add to that a first choice replacement for Grant with plenty of pace and we’ll have four good options up front.
  • Nketiah would be the perfect Grant replacement 
  • edited June 2019
    Nketiah would be the perfect Grant replacement 

we've  signed Bonne who, for my part looks similar to Grant , he deserves first crack .. look at his variety of goals, admittedly at a lower lever .. and remember André Gray, a major part in Luton's NL promotion who then fitted right into the Brentford team in the Champ as a consistent scorer

https://youtu.be/GStDUCubIHQ

we've signed Bonne who, for my part looks similar to Grant , he deserves first crack
    The way bowyer was talking I don’t think they want him having the pressure and want to work on him in training rather than throw him straight in 

we've signed Bonne who, for my part looks similar to Grant , he deserves first crack
    The way bowyer was talking I don’t think they want him having the pressure and want to work on him in training rather than throw him straight in 
    Bonne to me is more of a Reeco replacement, the raw 4th striker who might come good
  • Sponsored links:

• Warnock:

"I think he's spoken to Vincent and Ken at great length and I think together they're all trying their hardest - probably too hard at times.

"I'm getting that many players thrown at me. It's not very often a manager says slow down to his chairman and chief executive but that's what I'm doing.

"I'm telling them to calm down a bit - we can't sign everybody!’”

• Laddick01 said:

It will all be about money. I am under the impression both Bowyer and Eaves want the move, but our offer is just so poor. 
  • Laddick01 said:

It will all be about money. I am under the impression both Bowyer and Eaves want the move, but our offer is just so poor. 
    Laddick01 said:

probably so .. I have heard that Steve Evans has made it known that Eaves is Charlton bound .. we will see 
  • Laddick01 said:

Not sure about Eaves in the Champ...
  • Redhenry said:
    Laddick01 said:

Not sure about Eaves in the Champ...
    Two seasons ago at the valley when Gillingham won, and didn't Parker score ! Tom Eaves put on a master class. This last season he didn't play and the Gills were toothless.

Could Eaves step up ? The same Question could be aimed at our whole squad.
    If Lee Bowyer believed at 27 Eaves can be a decent Championship striker and can stop him being inconsistent then it's a yes from me.

Let it be a yes from RD !
  • Bow sounds desperate but sadly Dipstick won't allow us decent wages... really frustrating a billionaire won't even offer decent wages to Bauer, Aribo etc. What a complete failure to see what is in front of him. Followed Charlton since mid 80's. Back then we couldn't keep decent players over the years. Understood as we had been skint. It's more heartbreaking now as we have an owner he refuses to allow Bow money for wages. Crap owner. 
  • Scoham said:
    Wooaaahhhh we should be keeping Forster-Caskey.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-to-agree-midfielder-deal/

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-was-fully-aware-of-charlton-athletic-fallout-if-he-had-walked-away-from-the-club/

Also having talks with Dijksteel and Taylor to extend their deals and hoping to keep Aribo.

Bowyer hoping for 3/4 signings by next Friday, then making that 4/5 soon after. Says “maybe a few loans” as well which will presumably come in later on.
    Bowyer is creeping into Powell man love levels for me 
    I don’t think I’ve ever been more happy with someone as our manager as I am with Bowyer. I trust everything he says and does.
    It is what it is.
  • Bowyer does make sense, but I think Gerrard will
    be saying the exact same thing, that he can learn and develop further with them, but on a better salary.