Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell Sacked

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I read this one.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49472642?__twitter_impression=true

Before everyone gets on their high horses
  • Options
    Just bit off topic of this thread, but see Jason Ewell also forms part of the England set up. The same Jason Ewell who represented Jamaica.
    Nothing doing on the Jamaican FA?
    Just a little sceptical that we are being a little racial PC.
    Not nessecarily with Powell as he is a person I hold in high regard, but Ewell?

• Options
    Just bit off topic of this thread, but see Jason Ewell also forms part of the England set up. The same Jason Ewell who represented Jamaica.

Think you should contact the FA to voice your concerns - it's wrong that white coaches are being discriminated against. Not sure who Jason Ewell is though - related to Jason Euell?

• Options

Euell.

Is there a rule that you can only join the international set up that you played for ?.

Which non caucasian back ground does les reed come from? 
  • Options
    It makes me laugh that nobody seemed bothered that black players and coaches have suffered discrimination over a long period yet when something is done to address this it becomes a point of concern.

Obviously all the white coaches who were employed in the past were far better than their black counterparts. 

• Options
    Tut Tut Chrissie. Second greatest honour of your career, surely, after pulling on the famous Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Please can someone edit the discussion name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn’t happen to a more deserving and genuinely great man.

Huge congratulations, Chris. So pleased.
  • Options
    Would be much less of a char if people didn’t keep adding new topics onto old posts tbh
  • Options

Yes, the same Jason Euell, born in Lambeth, who has been involved in managing our youth teams since 2013, helping players like Lookman, Gomez, Cousins, Aribo and Grant get into our first team, and in some cases Premier League and England squads. What exactly do you see as 'racial PC' about that, other than the fact it's evidently made you feel uncomfortable? But it's ok with Powell, you like Powell.
    Euell’s resume makes him far more qualified for his role than Powell imo. Euelly has been doing a bang up job with our U23s - we must have a reasonable claim to having the best non-Cat 1 academy in the country and Euro is a major part of that setup. 

Not that I have any issue with Powell being given this role either. 
  • Options

Yes, the same Jason Euell, born in Lambeth, who has been involved in managing our youth teams since 2013, helping players like Lookman, Gomez, Cousins, Aribo and Grant get into our first team, and in some cases Premier League and England squads. What exactly do you see as 'racial PC' about that, other than the fact it's evidently made you feel uncomfortable? But it's ok with Powell, you like Powell.
    Also the same Jason Euell who has more caps for the England U21s than he does for Jamaica.
  • Options

Euell’s resume makes him far more qualified for his role than Powell imo. Euelly has been doing a bang up job with our U23s - we must have a reasonable claim to having the best non-Cat 1 academy in the country and Euro is a major part of that setup. 

But it does seem you have an issue with your spellchecker ..... :smile:
  • Options
    Would be much less of a char if people didn’t keep adding new topics onto old posts tbh
    Amen to that.
    Why do people do this??
  • Options
    Amen to that.
    Why do people do this??
    Cos when you start new threads about things, people then moan you are starting to many new threads and to just use old ones, believe me I have been there 🤣🤣
  • Options

Think you should contact the FA to voice your concerns - it's wrong that white coaches are being discriminated against. Not sure who Jason Ewell is though - related to Jason Euell?

At Christmas he likes to be called Jason Yule.
    Yes, and if he fancies going out for a stroll in Liverpool, you can say to him that Euell never walk alone.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    It would make sense if the thread was titled “Chris Powell” but one about his sacking is a more specific discussion than that.

It’s subtle but there is a difference between spamming with too many new threads and just bumping vaguely related ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

But it does seem you have an issue with your spellchecker ..... :smile:
    Proof reading is for whimps. 
  • Options
    Amen to that.
    Why do people do this??
    Cos when you start new threads about things, people then moan you are starting to many new threads and to just use old ones, believe me I have been there 🤣🤣
     I think it's a balance, this thread title makes no sense to put his England coaching job under, so a new thread would have been more relevant.
  • Options
    More Charlton representation in the England set up, though to be fair Southgate and Powell are both Palace youth products and indeed would have been in the academy together there...

You wonder what this says for his managerial career, 2 bad experiences tend to tarnish a reputation and the world of football is full of people who started well but then had a couple of struggles and never worked again at a decent level
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    In general, not a fan of Positive Discrimination, but both Chris and Jason deserve this opportunity to work with England.
    If Aidy Boothroyd Can get the U23 Job then Euell and Powell haven't got this because of tokenism but because they both have the required skill set.
    I find it Disappointing that it took BAME to unlock their talent and not through a meritocracy.