Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Patrick Bamford has a premier league hat trick 
    And is the first Leeds player to score more than one goal away in the Premier League for over 17 years when on 5th April 2003 Harry Kewell (2) and Mark Viduka (3) did so against us! 
  • Options
    Patrick Bamford has a premier league hat trick 
    And is the first Leeds player to score more than one goal away in the Premier League for over 17 years when on 5th April 2003 Harry Kewell (2) and Mark Viduka (3) did so against us! 
    And Bamford doesn't hold a candle to either! Over rated whelp!
  • Options
    AJAX scored 13 goals away to VVV Venlo last night set a new match record for the league.

On the other hand no other club had scored 13 goals during the season in total which for some clubs is 6 matches.

• Options
    AJAX scored 13 goals away to VVV Venlo last night set a new match record for the league.

On the other hand no other club had scored 13 goals during the season in total which for some clubs is 6 matches.

And the Venlo goalkeeper made 10 saves. Which is the most so far in the league this season.
  • Options
    They had 45 shots ! 
  • Options

That part is now gone.

Feyenoord drew 2-2 today so have scored 14 goals in 6 games
  • Options
    The first Football League substitute to score a goal (Bobby Knox of Barrow v Wrexham - on the same day that our Keith made greater history) was also the first substitute to save a penalty (four months later in the season v Doncaster).

He then went on to join Melchester Rovers and famously substituted for Roy Race when the mecurial marksman was kidnapped for the tenth time.

(I made the last bit up).
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    The first Football League substitute to score a goal (Bobby Knox of Barrow v Wrexham - on the same day that our Keith made greater history) was also the first substitute to save a penalty (four months later in the season v Doncaster).

He then went on to join Melchester Rovers and famously substituted for Roy Race when the mecurial marksman was kidnapped for the tenth time.

(I made the last bit up).
    Well I never knew that, but I found a good write up here:  https://supersubdesigns.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/bobby-knox-1965/
  • Options
    David Beckham who has noted whipping in neat crosses was born at Whipps Cross Hospital

Wolfsburg FC in Germany was once managed by Wolfgang Wolf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton are the only team to ever play in the third tier of English football having both the first and second choice Welsh right backs on their books at the same time. 
  • Options
    Charlton are the only team to ever play in the third tier of English football having both the first and second choice Welsh right backs on their books at the same time. 
    Neco Williams? - Sadly dont think Adam can be classed as being in the top two choices for Wales at the moment
  • Options
    Neco Williams? - Sadly dont think Adam can be classed as being in the top two choices for Wales at the moment
    More worryingly for Wales - they also have a starter who doesn't make our first 11.
  • Options
    I made a mental note tonight when Brendan Rodgers boasted that one of his players could jump as high as the stadium. 

I immediately dismissed this of course, but I (possibly due to my second whisky) made a link to 1974 (or thereabouts) to the Leeds player Duncan McKenzie who could jump over a mini car.   He also could throw a golf ball the length of the pitch. 

Here is the proof.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

An iconic shot shows McKenzie leaping over a Mini before Paul Reaneys testimonial match   
    Great, entertaining player he was
  • Options
    Comes in handy if the oppositions centre half pairing are both minis.
  • Options
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored goals in top flight football in 4 different decades.
  • Options
    Burton 4 Charlton 2
  • Options
    Erland Haarland has scored more Champions League goals than the Brazilian Ronaldo did. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But can he eat more pies?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Erland Haarland has scored more Champions League goals than the Brazilian Ronaldo did. 
    Since the start of last season he's got 61 goals in 53 games, ridiculous!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Since the start of last season he's got 61 goals in 53 games, ridiculous!
    He’s had 91 shots on target and scored 70 goals!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    At the moment, he’s still only half the player the GOAT was tho.
  • Options
    Paul Dickov once played under 7 different managers before New Years Eve one season.

Started at Arsenal, and a his manager got sacked (not sure who it was).  Bruce Rioch came in and then he was sold a few days later to Man City and signed by by Alan Ball.  He was sacked shortly after that and a combination of Asa Hartford, Steve Coppell, Phil Neal, Frank Clark meant they had 5 managers in the space of a season including a couple of Caretaker Managers.

7 managers in around half a season....and we thought we were a mess a while ago
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Neymar has so far played in less league games in 3 and a half years at PSG than he did in his first 2 years at Barcelona (and he missed nearly a quarter of games for those 2 seasons in Spain).
  • Options
    Neymar has so far played in less league games in 3 and a half years at PSG than he did in his first 2 years at Barcelona (and he missed nearly a quarter of games for those 2 seasons in Spain).
    So a football player has had bad luck with injuries recently?
  • Options
    Sign him up!  :D
  • Options
    So a football player has had bad luck with injuries recently?
    I just didn't realise he'd missed anywhere near that much.

• Options
    Hasn't he missed a few games when its his sisters birthday and he buggers off to Brazil for a week or so.