Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    yeah everybody knows Darwin is in the Northern Territory which is not a state 
    Darwin is the Capital of the region: Northern Territory

Bit like how Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, yet not the United Kingdom
    But it says state capital and it is not a state. So he won’t be the first state capital since Sydney 
    I honestly thought that Northern Territory | New South Wales etc. were known as states

I had to edit my own post after reviewing Wikipedia
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    yeah everybody knows Darwin is in the Northern Territory which is not a state 
    Darwin is the Capital of the region: Northern Territory

Bit like how Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, yet not the United Kingdom
    But it says state capital and it is not a state. So he won’t be the first state capital since Sydney 
    I honestly thought that Northern Territory | New South Wales etc. were known as states

I had to edit my own post after reviewing Wikipedia
    Well New South Wales is a state - northern territory is not 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Interestingly, there is a town in Northern Territory called Pedantic. It has quite a large population given its relatively small footprint. 
  • Options
    Andy Hessenthaler was given a red card whilst managing Gillingham away at Cardiff so brought himself on a sub as he was player-manager and there's no rule against it (or there wasn't at the time).

Between 1975 and 1988 West Bromwich Albion’s managers were called; Johnny, Ronnie, John, Ron, Ronnie, Ron, Johnny, Nobby, Ron, Ron.

Mario Balotelli is the only Italian to win the Premier League. Also, his assist for the Aguerooooo goal is his only PL assist.

Rio Ferdinand was in four World Cup squads but was never involved at a Euros.

Stefan Schwartz had a clause in his contract that he 'couldn't become an astronaut' for the duration of his time at Sunderland.
    That may be my favourite fact on this whole thread.

Nobby Styles ruining the pattern makes it even better.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Only one Italian footballer has won the Premier League.

*To qualify as a cup winner, a player has to have played 10 league games.
  • Options
    Why always me?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

Is that still the rule? I thought that was scrapped a few years ago and it’s now 5? I could of course be imagining it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Is that still the rule? I thought that was scrapped a few years ago and it’s now 5? I could of course be imagining it. 
    It has been 5 games for the past 10 years but I think the 1 Italian winner is still a fact.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Isn't it now the club get x amount of medals and it's up to them? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Hessenthaler was given a red card whilst managing Gillingham away at Cardiff so brought himself on a sub as he was player-manager and there's no rule against it (or there wasn't at the time).

Between 1975 and 1988 West Bromwich Albion’s managers were called; Johnny, Ronnie, John, Ron, Ronnie, Ron, Johnny, Nobby, Ron, Ron.

Mario Balotelli is the only Italian to win the Premier League. Also, his assist for the Aguerooooo goal is his only PL assist.

Rio Ferdinand was in four World Cup squads but was never involved at a Euros.

Stefan Schwartz had a clause in his contract that he 'couldn't become an astronaut' for the duration of his time at Sunderland.
    That may be my favourite fact on this whole thread.

Nobby Styles ruining the pattern makes it even better.
    Yeah, that's a great one. Reminds me of a song. I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still, Johnny, Ronnie, John, Ron, Ronnie, Ron...
  • Options
    Jesus has cost 4.5 times as much as Pope did.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well thats understandable... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well thats understandable... 
    Ones the main man and the other is just the messenger....
  • Options
    The going rate for Judas was 30 pieces of silver, so Forest got a bargain there.
  • Options
    Joe Hart got the exact same number of caps as David Seaman.

Feels like Seaman was around for much longer.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

But how many cup games does a player have to play to qualify as a league winner?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Joe Hart got the exact same number of caps as David Seaman.

Feels like Seaman was around for much longer.
    These washing powders  are not as good as they were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was like one of my Penalties
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Kingsley Coman has only just turned 26, but has already won 10 league titles.
  • Options
    Christian Benteke departs as the only player in PL history to score on Halloween, November 5, Boxing Day, NYD & his own birthday
  • Options
    Pique and Ramos both have more Champions League goals than (original) Ronaldo or David Villa.
  • Options
    Charlton are unbeaten against Barcelona.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Charlton are unbeaten against Barcelona.
    I like to think that Barcelona are unbeaten against Charlton