Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Oxford v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Who the fuck can blame the ref for that, tbh, thought he was decent. 
  • Options
    Their sub Goalkeeper: Jack Stevens has never played at this level before today

Why the fuck didnt we test him??? - Its always one more bloody pass from us
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Pleased I got my excuses in before KO.
    Did the lop sided back 4 put the rest of the team off ? Right footed players at LB never work, Gomez had his worse game at LB for Cafc, and he doesn't lack ability.
    I can't see why Sarr needed a rest, the big man had been outstanding ever since Jason's injury.  With Purrington late illness, Naby could have played LB.

The starting 11 against Luton is our best side. how we get 3 games out of them in the play offs without an injury will be a miracle.

Bad day at office after decent 25 minutes but now we need to keep our heads while Cafc fans all around us lose theirs.
    But then where would Chris CAFC Solly play
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ref got all the major decisions spot on 
    Apart from the Lapslie incident...

Majority of people would been foaming at the mouth had that been the other way round
    I think he called it right. If the Oxford player had stopped, Lapslie was off for preventing a goalscoring chance. Having played on, Lapslie was pulled back for the actual challenge which was a yellow, rather than the prevention of the chance.
  • Options
    Who the fuck can blame the ref for that, tbh, thought he was decent. 
    Agreed , especially when Lapslie took their fella out late on and he played a very good advantage to give them a goalscoring opportunity (although the divvy oxford commentators kept saying it should be red for denying a goalscoring opportunity) and only gave Lapslie a yellow .

• Options
    Barnsley / Portsmouth both winning :)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Leuth said:

Majority of people would been foaming at the mouth had that been the other way round
    I think he called it right. If the Oxford player had stopped, Lapslie was off for preventing a goalscoring chance. Having played on, Lapslie was pulled back for the actual challenge which was a yellow, rather than the prevention of the chance.
    And the collision was totally instigated by the attacker. Lapslie was just running and he cut across in front of him. He didn’t slide in or deliberately trip him and they got their goal scoring chance anyway so there was no denial of that. I actually think a yellow card was a bit harsh. The striker did exactly what he should and it was a foul, but Lapslie was kind of helpless to avoid it, short of just stopping running, which he’s not going to do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly was bloody awful today, know he was out of position but he shouldn't have been put in that position if Sarr was fit enough for a sub place.

Bowyer made some strange decisions with his subs as well.
  • Options
    Solly was bloody awful today, know he was out of position but he shouldn't have been put in that position if Sarr was fit enough for a sub place.

Bowyer made some strange decisions with his subs as well.
    Lapslie for Dijksteel makes me worry if the latter has picked up a knock seeing he was very relaxed about getting back into Defence at times
  • Options
    Pleased I got my excuses in before KO.
    Did the lop sided back 4 put the rest of the team off ? Right footed players at LB never work, Gomez had his worse game at LB for Cafc, and he doesn't lack ability.
    I can't see why Sarr needed a rest, the big man had been outstanding ever since Jason's injury.  With Purrington late illness, Naby could have played LB.

The starting 11 against Luton is our best side. how we get 3 games out of them in the play offs without an injury will be a miracle.

Bad day at office after decent 25 minutes but now we need to keep our heads while Cafc fans all around us lose theirs.
    But then where would Chris CAFC Solly play
    Solly had been rotating with Dijksteel and not sure if you noticed but before today we had only let in 8 goals in 16 matches and both were doing fine at RB, even if not natural attacking Full backs.
    Feel sorry for Solly at LB, it was the wrong Decision and Lee gambled and it back fired.

Solly red card on a good Friday brings back awful memories, with the hand ball at Millwall where we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Is this sarcasm? Solly was never a red and we should have had someone sent off at the end
  • Options
    Barnsley and Pompey both winning already. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    It was just one of those games for me and we didn't play badly. It's just things really did go Oxford's way and it's difficult to put the finger on why. Robinson luck/blarney? Who knows. 

We started strongly and got the early penalty. 1-0 and deserved but Oxford hit back with two quick goals that, on another day, could have gone anywhere. For me that was the pattern of the game after that culminating in that save from the substitute goalie. We just never really got going and when we did it just seemed luck was on Oxford's side.

I thought Reeves was the weak link at HT and wasn't surprised to see him substituted. At HT I also couldn't see where the goals were coming from so I could understand why Bowyer brought on Parker but he is just not the kind of player to play with Lyle and that showed. Lyle Taylor needs a certain type of player up there with him otherwise he just isn't the same player. Bowyer recognizes that and moulded first Grant and then Igor which was starting to work. So, Igor not being there was a big loss, but we know he's made of glass.

So, just a bad day at the office. I thought Solly didn't have the best game at LB and, like I said, I thought Reeves was weak but, apart from that, the rest played pretty well. Cullen, Williams and Bielik were strong coming through the middle. Aribo was more on his game today. I thought Bauer and Pearce were strong in the middle at the back and Lyle was a nuisance all day up front.

So, onwards and upwards. It was just a shame it was against Robinson who, for some reason, I just don't like.

COYR!!   
    I echo this although I felt we had too many players who did have poorer games today.  We can afford maybe one not to be at the races like Aribo was off colour in the first half against luton, but we turned it around.  Today, apart from the opening up until their equaliser, too many off colour.  It happens, they’re not machines, and our balance I believe was totally thrown by losing Purrington and Vetokele, especially after last week’s win.

pleasure to meet @PeterGage and I have every faith we can turn it round and pick ourselves up for the playoffs 
  • Options
    Barnsley and Pompey both winning already. 
    Barnsley 1-1 now... THERE'S STILL HOPE!!!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Agree with that.  Because he waved play on, he couldn’t then red card George.
    Also agree with their keeper red, but heaven knows why he thought he could get away with it when surely he could have headed it
    Not sure of Solly’s as two of theirs and Chis all went in together but the ref was much closer and had his card out straight away so I assume he knew what he was doing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Watched on i-follow. After last weeks win over Luton I thought we didn't really turn up today. Yes we went 1 up, but I felt that Oxford were always going to score. Losing Ben before the KO  was not helpful and then having just one up front wasn't, I think, the correct formation. They did score 2 good goals, especially the FK, Dillion didn't move until it hit the back of the net. Moaning about the referee seems odd in my mind, yes he got a few things wrong, BUT we could've been down to 9 if he decided to send Lapslie off when he was the last man and brought down Sinclair in the 87th minute. Overall it was disappointing loss, however we go again on Monday, and need to get back in the groove and ready for the play-offs. After Tuesday we will know if the autos are gone, Barnsley could well slip up (as I type this Shrewsbury have just equalised), and my Coventry supporting mates reckon they can win at Fratton Park on Monday. Just need Donny to turn up against Sunderand tonight, and it may not be too bad come Wednesday morning. We may not get 2nd, but I do fancy us to win the play-offs, this is the most positive I've felt about CAFC in 4 years, please don't let us down lads!!
  • Options
    Can  someone tell me if we have a fast young forward in theU23s to play off Lyle? Because Parker is not the answer if Igor is not fit 
  • Options
    Typical arrogant ref who wanted to make the game all about himself
    Annoyingly he is known for it. Very excessive with his running and arm movements when he gives fouls. Loves a card as well
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We have the benefit of hindsight and he has been terrific, but Bowyer cocked up today. He has to be allowed the odd slip up and it was unfortunate Igor and Ben were not able to play. On the bright side, chasing automatics had its risks and now the management has to be around us entering the play offs with our best team (note to LB - Sarr is a lot better than Pearce for what he gives the team when we build attacks) and for that team to be as fresh and prepared as possible. 

Seeing as Fosu seems to have played his last game for the club, at least it is clear that we need Igor and Taylor fully fit for the play offs and we haven't got any forward options beyond those two. 
  • Options
    Shame about Fosu as he can be a game winner on his day. But he’s checked out and wants to leave so can’t blame Bowyer for not playing him
  • Options
    Goalll for Burton against Portsmouth 1 minute into second half 1-1
  • Options
    With that being Solly's second red this season, does that mean 4 game ban so out of first play off game?

Have to say his time at the club is surely numbered.