Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-off ticket information

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Coach from London Victoria is about £23 return. About 7hrs from memory as it has a couple of stops.
    Then when you add on £5/£10 to get there it makes it about £30.
    Hopefully Charlton coaches would be similar and we can all talk about trains. Choo choo.
    Assuming Charlton lay on more than 2 coaches.
  • MrLargo said:
    Pompey losing, Sunderland winning. Sunderland now 3rd and Pompey 4th.

Play off semi against Pompey instead, anyone?

As it stands if Pompey lose tonight and then again on Saturday or draw and we win by a few to pip them on GD I actually wouldn't be too opposed to a 12.15pm Sunday kick off at Pompey. Not as though the early start would make much difference in terms of travelling the early kick off would hopefully dampen the Pompey atmosphere a bit too. Can only hope.
    Been on the Sunderland message boards. It appears that there is a 10k run in Sunderland on the sunday & roads around the SOL will be shut. If we happen to come 4th & Sunderland 5th then I think we'll be playing them up there on the Saturday. 
    Perfect
    Probably explains why there's virtually zero hotel availability in Newcastle, Sunderland or anywhere within a 25 mile radius on the Saturday night. Could really do with not being up there on Saturday night.
    It's the rugby Heineken Cup Final at St James Park on the Saturday too - so 50k rugby fans in town!
    That explains it then. Really need to not be playing in Sunderland that night!
  • MrLargo said:

As it stands if Pompey lose tonight and then again on Saturday or draw and we win by a few to pip them on GD I actually wouldn't be too opposed to a 12.15pm Sunday kick off at Pompey. Not as though the early start would make much difference in terms of travelling the early kick off would hopefully dampen the Pompey atmosphere a bit too. Can only hope.
    Been on the Sunderland message boards. It appears that there is a 10k run in Sunderland on the sunday & roads around the SOL will be shut. If we happen to come 4th & Sunderland 5th then I think we'll be playing them up there on the Saturday. 
    Perfect
    Probably explains why there's virtually zero hotel availability in Newcastle, Sunderland or anywhere within a 25 mile radius on the Saturday night. Could really do with not being up there on Saturday night.
    It's the rugby Heineken Cup Final at St James Park on the Saturday too - so 50k rugby fans in town!
    It just gets worse and worse!

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-professional-club-rugby/finals-newcastle-2019/

The famed 52,000-capacity St James’ Park will be the centrepiece of Europe’s festival of world-class club rugby on 10 and 11 May 2019. The Challenge Cup final will be played at St James’ Park on the evening of Friday 10 May, with the blue-riband Heineken Champions Cup decider scheduled for the same venue the following day, Saturday 11 May.

Owing to high demand, there are no tickets currently available on general public sale for the Heineken Champions Cup Final. Allocations are held for supporters of the two clubs who will contest the final and as the demand for those will be constantly assessed throughout the season, a limited number of tickets may become available. Latest information will be available here and on official social media channels of the tournament.
  • colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

All those hotel rooms are booked by the people running in the 10k? You sure?
    Said it before...try Darlo.
  • MrLargo said:

Perfect
    It just gets worse and worse!

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-professional-club-rugby/finals-newcastle-2019/

The famed 52,000-capacity St James’ Park will be the centrepiece of Europe’s festival of world-class club rugby on 10 and 11 May 2019. The Challenge Cup final will be played at St James’ Park on the evening of Friday 10 May, with the blue-riband Heineken Champions Cup decider scheduled for the same venue the following day, Saturday 11 May.

Owing to high demand, there are no tickets currently available on general public sale for the Heineken Champions Cup Final. Allocations are held for supporters of the two clubs who will contest the final and as the demand for those will be constantly assessed throughout the season, a limited number of tickets may become available. Latest information will be available here and on official social media channels of the tournament.
    Eurgh, all them egg chasers. No thanks.
  • I wonder if they'll swap it so that Sunderland play the second leg at home EVEN if they finish 5th?

An unfair advantage to them perhaps, but the other sporting events in the area on the Saturday and Sunday will cause massive problems
  • MrLargo said:
    colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

I've no idea mate. I've got rooms booked in nice hotels in Newcastle City Centre with free cancellation for about £70 for a twin for Thursday 16th and Friday 17th. For whatever reason, Newcastle, Sunderland and anywhere else within a 20 mile radius on Saturday 11th is either fully booked or costs £350 upwards. If it's not the run then something else must be happening in the area that weekend - Hotels.com says 93% booked for that night. All I can find is Hartlepool or the odd place out in the sticks. 
    heinken cup final st james park the saturday
  • https://sunderlandcity10k.com/

Shows the route maps - doesn't go round the SoL at least!
  • Sponsored links:

• also adding to the rugby final is it its between leinster and sarries so a lot travelling up from london, meaning train prices are expensive 
  • I wonder if they'll swap it so that Sunderland play the second leg at home EVEN if they finish 5th?

An unfair advantage to them perhaps, but the other sporting events in the area on the Saturday and Sunday will cause massive problems
    They can't do that. They would surely change the provisional dates.
    Done it before... Leeds play off final in '87 games were switched around as we should have been at home second, but police didn't want lots of Leeds fans on the rampage if they had lost...
  • https://sunderlandcity10k.com/

Shows the route maps - doesn't go round the SoL at least!
    Would say it goes close enough to impact there being a game that day
  • edited May 2019
    its also the the policing of these events,

saturday night you will have 52,000 at the h cup final plus 43,000 min at stadium of light - could be a no go, aswell as policing you have the city of newcastle stretched with transport hotels etc. 
    sunday you have 43,000 min at stadium of light plus a half marathon taking place with road closures, so no access for emergency vehicles etc. 

personally i hope both pompey and sunderland lose by a few we win nab 3rd then have peterboro or doncaster away saturday night home thursday night. 

sunderland would then have pompey away on sunday at 12.15 and at home on the friday. 

everyone is a winner

i cannot see sky changing there schedule but i can see fixtures being tinkered with on police advice, will really annoy me if we got 3/4 and we lost the home advantage of 2nd leg - as really would not be fair 
  • Really fancy the saturday night at home,.Do we needd 4th or 5th for this?
    We'd need 6th! 
  • @NomadicAddick

we cannot get Saturday at home as that is for as we understand it the team finishing 6th, but as others police may change it around in a fair way for us to be at home 1st we need to finish 5th or 6th ( impossible )
  • its also the the policing of these events,

saturday night you will have 52,000 at the h cup final plus 43,000 min at stadium of light - could be a no go, aswell as policing you have the city of newcastle stretched with transport hotels etc. 
    sunday you have 43,000 min at stadium of light plus a half marathon taking place with road closures, so no access for emergency vehicles etc. 

personally i hope both pompey and sunderland lose by a few we win nab 3rd then have peterboro or doncaster away saturday night home thursday night. 

sunderland would then have pompey away on sunday at 12.15 and at home on the friday. 

everyone is a winner

i cannot see sky changing there schedule but i can see fixtures being tinkered with on police advice, will really annoy me if we got 3/4 and we lost the home advantage of 2nd leg - as really would not be fair 
    Agreed - police will have a big say in the matter. I would imagine they are stretched pretty thin policing the usual shenanigans that go on in Newcastle city centre on a Friday or Saturday night! 
    5th or 6th.

No decision has been made on which play off semi final takes which dates. That is ALWAYS decided after the 46th games are played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:
    I wonder if they'll swap it so that Sunderland play the second leg at home EVEN if they finish 5th?

They can't do that. They would surely change the provisional dates.
    Done it before... Leeds play off final in '87 games were switched around as we should have been at home second, but police didn't want lots of Leeds fans on the rampage if they had lost...

funnily enough I was wondering last night why we were away in the second leg. Was guessing perhaps the league had done it to help Leeds as they wanted them back in the top-flight at our expense but the above makes more sense
  • colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

Hogans.
  • edited May 2019
    would be uproar if they tried to swap the home/away legs for the team finishing higher, won't happen IMO
    I thought people were suggesting is that the days which the semi finals are played might change from normal rather than the order in which they are played?
  • I'm just really confused now.  So the dates and times for the playoff finals are confirmed, but we are waiting to find out who is in what final position after Saturday.

Then we will know when to book travel etc.

Except those dates and times might change....
  • I'm just really confused now.  So the dates and times for the playoff finals are confirmed, but we are waiting to find out who is in what final position after Saturday.

Then we will know when to book travel etc.

Except those dates and times might change....
    Its why everything is still provisional

Cant really set out 3rd v 6th | 4th v 5th on X dates when there are potentially other events over those weekends which stretch policing or cause chaos in the areas that the games are being played
  • edited May 2019
    League Two 1st legs: Thurs 9th OR Fri 10th

Championship 1st legs: Sat 11th, 12:15pm OR Sat 11th, 5:30pm

League One 1st legs: Sat 11th, 7:45pm OR Sun 12th, 12:30pm

League Two 2nd legs: Sun 12th, 6pm OR Mon 13th.

Championship 2nd legs: Tues 14th OR Weds 15th.

League One 2nd legs: Thurs 16th OR Fri 17th.

Should Sunderland finish 5th...

I suspect whether Sunderland host Saturday night or Sunday midday will depend entirely on whether the police up there would prefer it to take place at the same time as the half marathon or as the Heineken Cup final.

My guess is the half marathon so Sunderland host Sunday midday with return leg on Friday 17th.

The only alternative option to avoid any clash with previously announced events would be to switch with League Two A and Sunderland host on Thursday 9th with return leg being played on Sun 12th.

Swapping with League Two B or Championship A or B makes little sense because they are still pencilled in for the same times as the egg chasing.

I would expect the EFL to consider those options first before swapping Sunderland to playing their second leg at home as a last resort.
  • Whatever happens, it should all be confirmed by 9pm on Saturday...
  • Meet Larkfield 6:00 Monday 6 May......
  • colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

Hogans.
    What a place that is.

Can buy a round of about 7 drinks for less than a tenner.