Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play-off ticket information

Comments

• Options
    Very odd that EFL would confirm dates before the season is completed.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    If you don’t want to read the full article:

Saturday 11th May, 7:45pm
    6th at home against 3rd

Sunday 12th May, 12:15pm
    5th at home against 4th

Thursday 16th, 7:45pm
    3rd at home against 6th

Friday 17th, 7:45pm
    4th at home against 5th

One caveat: if Sunderland finish 5th, the fixtures will be flipped ie 4th vs 5th on 11th & 16th and 3rd vs 6th on 12th & 17th
  • Options
    the EFL have also confirmed if Sunderland finish fifth, their home first leg will take place on Saturday May 11 (7.30pm kick-off), and the second leg on Thursday May 16 (7.45 kick-off
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    clive said:
    cabbie8 said:
    Just checked my loyalty points and I’m showing 540 so it has already gone wrong as that can’t b possible! They’ve added new season tickets already by looks of it 
    Same here,i'm now on 740 points, will that mean that people who buy 'early bird' season tickets jump ahead of people who've attended quite a lot of away games this season?
    For fucks sake, if they've added early bird season tickets already it's a complete joke and will screw a lot of people over. Will try to get onto the club to confirm this. 
    They've commited to next season though
    So? People who have followed this season home and away will be shafted by others who have simply bought an early bird ticket. Not everyone is in a position to be able to get an early bird ticket and it's ridiculous they should run the risk of missing out of a playoff game despite travelling away all season. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Think this covers it 
    Can't beat a good spreadsheet!
  • Options
    Good work @LouisMend
  • Options
    with it confirmed that Sunderland away would be on the Saturday night can see us not taking many trains are pricey and literally hotels are sold out because of the rugby.

for own reasons i want the Thursday night at home game as i can be there. 
  • Options

Come Saturday evening, supporters will be able to make their play-off plans with the EFL now having confirmed which finishing place will relate to each provisional date.

Depending on results, the Addicks can finish in either third, fourth or fifth place. A third or fourth place will ensure home advantage with a second leg of the play-offs being played at The Valley. Charlton will have to better either one of Portmsouth or Sunderland's results today to make that happen.

The sixth versus third first leg will take place on Saturday, May 11th (7.30pm) with the return tie on Thursday, May 16th (7.45pm).

Meanwhile, the fifth versus fourth first leg is scheduled for Sunday, May 12th (12.15pm), while the return leg will take place on Friday, May 17th (7.45pm).

However, in the event Sunderland finish fifth, the match order will be switched and their home first leg will take place on May 11th and the second leg on May 16th.

Therefore, the sixth versus third first leg will take place on May 12th, and the second leg on May 17th.

Final confirmation of the Addicks' semi-final fixtures will be announced on cafc.co.uk once their final position in League One is confirmed. 

• Options
    clive said:

Charlton will have to better either one of Portmsouth or Sunderland's results today to make that happen.

Someone better tell Bows and JJ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Charlton will have to better either one of Portmsouth or Sunderland's results today to make that happen.

Someone better tell Bows and JJ..
    Woops! Text was originally written for Saturday’s programme. Now amended.
  • Options
    So we still don't know and won't until Saturday night....

• Options
    But we do know though, at least when and where dependant on results. 
  • Options
    It's doing my effing head in.
  • Options
    Having to sit here with a broken ankle, my attendance at any play off games with my loyalty points there but probably not being used 🙁

• Options
    Am I alone in thinking there’s a huge fuck up in the making over playoff and more likely the Wembley ticketing processes......should that come to fruition.
    We are short staffed as it is......will they be able to cope....I would expect a minimum demand of 30’000 for Wembley.
    Fingers crossed everyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Posted earlier but having re-read it all a few times I think I now get it.  Assuming we & Sunderland finish 4th or 5th then we will be playing up there either on the Saturday at 7.45 (1st leg - us finishing 4th) or the following Friday at 7.45pm. (2nd leg - us finishing 5th). At least it doesnt mean an early start.......but would mean Golfie Jnr taking a half day from school if we finish 5th.

• Options
    Chill everyone we have no idea who we are playing when or where. 

Come 7.30 Saturday panic everyone it's a nightmare. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Que sera, sera...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Charlton finish 5th = home on the 12th, away on the 17th (against Sunderland or Pompey)

Charlton finish 4th and Sunderland 5th = away on the 11th, home on the 16th (against Sunderland)

Charlton finish 4th and Pompey 5th = away on the 12th, home on the 17th (against Pompey)

Charlton finish 3rd and Sunderland 5th = away on the 12th, home on the 17th (against Donny or Posh)

***UNLIKELY***
    Charlton finish 3rd and Pompey 5th = away on the 11th, home on the 16th (against Donny or Posh)
    ***UNLIKELY***

What is no longer possible?

Home on the 11th, away on the 16th
    ie no possibility of a Saturday evening home game and no possibility of a Thursday night away game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    meldrew66 said:
    Coach from Victoria Station to Sunderland @ 8am on the Thursday gets in at 2.15pm. Cost £8.33 each. Check into Premier Inn for £30 for the night, some relaxation time then set off for the game. Easy walk from the hotel to the ground and back afterwards. Spend the next day 'exploring' the local area (to make the most of the trip) and then catching the coach back to Victoria Station on the Friday at 16:45 (also for £8.33 each) gets into Victoria @ 23:15. Train back to (my) home in Orpington, means I'll be in bed by 12am then the whole weekend ahead, hopefully celebrating an historic win and a great short break. Admittedly, it requires taking 2 days of annual leave and involves 2 long coach journeys but 2 x coaches + 1 x hotel for 2 people comes to a total of £64. Not bad if you're on a budget and getting some benefit with time up North.

Reminds me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t788uT1mSTA
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Coach from Victoria Station to Sunderland @ 8am on the Thursday gets in at 2.15pm. Cost £8.33 each. Check into Premier Inn for £30 for the night, some relaxation time then set off for the game. Easy walk from the hotel to the ground and back afterwards. Spend the next day 'exploring' the local area (to make the most of the trip) and then catching the coach back to Victoria Station on the Friday at 16:45 (also for £8.33 each) gets into Victoria @ 23:15. Train back to (my) home in Orpington, means I'll be in bed by 12am then the whole weekend ahead, hopefully celebrating an historic win and a great short break. Admittedly, it requires taking 2 days of annual leave and involves 2 long coach journeys but 2 x coaches + 1 x hotel for 2 people comes to a total of £64. Not bad if you're on a budget and getting some benefit with time up North.

Reminds me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t788uT1mSTA
    Think you need to delete this......read the post above.  lol
  • Options
    Question about tickets. Will every person attending need a fan number/red card/whatever its called now or will I be able to purchase a couple on mine? 
  • Options

How we gonna get there
    I don't know 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

How we gonna get there
    I don't know 
    The Bricklayers Arms by a 208 bus.
  • Options
    There are literally no (affordable) hotels anywhere. Tried Sunderland, Newcastle. Whitley bay etc. Someone said the area is 93% full and that don’t feel to far off. Nightmare. Got a travelodge in Durham or Hartlepool best I can get. Even BnB’s don’t look available.
  • Options
    There are literally no (affordable) hotels anywhere. Tried Sunderland, Newcastle. Whitley bay etc. Someone said the area is 93% full and that don’t feel to far off. Nightmare. Got a travelodge in Durham or Hartlepool best I can get. Even BnB’s don’t look available.
    What date is that for?
  • Options
    What date is that for?
    The Saturday 
  • Options

• Options
    Then take the train on the Sunday morning, there are plenty of them.