Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play-off ticket information

Comments

• Options
    I agree that they'll put Sunderland at home on the Sunday if they do finish 5th

A 10k is irritating but it'll be the least policed (If its like running events I've done in Kent there wont be any, instead it'll be organised by the local running club / St John Ambulance) - Those coming by car will just have the incovenience of having roads temporarily closed before the game
  • Options
    edited May 2019

A 10k is irritating but it'll be the least policed (If its like running events I've done in Kent there wont be any, instead it'll be organised by the local running club / St John Ambulance) - Those coming by car will just have the incovenience of having roads temporarily closed before the game

Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th May

The 2019 Siglion Sunderland City Runs Weekend returns with a BRAND NEW 5K event on the evening of Saturday 11th May, running across the New Wear crossing, the Northern Spire! The 10K and Half Marathon will be taking place on the morning of Sunday 12th May. Come and get inSPIREd and be part of 5000 runners taking part across the weekend!

10K START 10:00AM

HALF MARATHON START 10:25AM
  • Options
    Whatever happens, it should all be confirmed by 9pm on Saturday...
    You reckon the bods at the EFL and all the authorities they need to liaise with work Sat evenings? Here's hoping...
  • Options
    I can't see them playing a match at 12:15 on the Sunday when the half marathon will still be in progress, there would be chaos with 40000 people trying to get to the ground, especially as the running route goes both ways across the only bridge between the town centre and the ground. The elite runners won't be finishing until say 11:45 with the fun runners crossing the bridge for the next 2 hours.

• Options

A 10k is irritating but it'll be the least policed (If its like running events I've done in Kent there wont be any, instead it'll be organised by the local running club / St John Ambulance) 
    Kent?  This is the Sunderland half marathon...

• Options
    You lot have too much time on your hands
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    You lot have too much time on your hands
    Was about to say the same. Either that or I wish I could be as organised as some are!

How about we just wait and see where we finish first?
  • Options
    Ha, this is going to be a disaster!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got mine 
    Weird sponsor for that match, some sort of hipster marketing agency I would imagine.
  • Options

Yes......why bother about the fans. Fuck 'em........the game doesn't need them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019

The game hasn’t even been scheduled yet! The teams, the venue, the dates - all to be decided. 
  • Options

A 10k is irritating but it'll be the least policed (If its like running events I've done in Kent there wont be any, instead it'll be organised by the local running club / St John Ambulance) - Those coming by car will just have the inconvenience of having roads temporarily closed before the game
    Where did I say that in my post?
  • Options

What are 'fans?'

You are 'meire' customers that's all to be manipulated at the whim of the Owner and Sky.
  • Options
    Btw.... based on bookies odds and current provisional published plan, my maths PhD mate reckons:

46% Home leg 2nd (vs Portsmouth, Sunderland or Doncaster/Peterborough)

45% Sunderland Away 2nd

9% Portsmouth Away 2nd 

or... in other words;

46% - finish 3rd or 4th
    45% - finish 5th (and Sunderland 4th)
    9% - finish 5th (and Portsmouth 4th)
  • Options
    Btw.... based on bookies odds and current provisional published plan, my maths PhD mate reckons:

46% Home leg 2nd (vs Portsmouth, Sunderland or Doncaster/Peterborough)

45% Sunderland Away 2nd

9% Portsmouth Away 2nd 

or... in other words;

46% - finish 3rd or 4th
    45% - finish 5th (and Sunderland 4th)
    9% - finish 5th (and Portsmouth 4th)
    So there’s more chance of 3rd or 4th than any other outcome - get in ! We’re going to Wembley!!
  • Options
    as others have stated hopefully there are plans in place as we know the 5 teams involved, so no reason cannot be announced Saturday after the games, gives fans 7/8 days to get things sorted for 1st legs.
  • Options
    as others have stated hopefully there are plans in place as we know the 5 teams involved, so no reason cannot be announced Saturday after the games, gives fans 7/8 days to get things sorted for 1st legs.
    You’re right, they know all the permutations so should be prepared to announce the sequencing of matches as soon as the final whistles blow on Saturday. I bet they aren’t though!
  • Options
    I don't think it's so straightforward as the police may have a say

What's crazy is that we have 2 inconvenient times for the weekend game entirely driven by TV. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    sunderland - have the most permetations as have the biggest ground and events going on;

if home 1st ( they finish 5th ) 

saturday 7.30pm - heineken cup in st james park meaning police may not want another 40k + descending on to the area - aswell as safety concerns with overcrowding etc, lastly would be expensive for fans as hotels are virtually a non starter 

sunday 12.15pm- sunderland half marathon, ,meaning all roads around sunderland are closed that with the 40k + football crowd safety would never allow it. 

if away 1st ( they finish 3/4th )

sunday 12.15pm - newcastle play fulham away at 3.00pm the met likely not wanting a large presence of sunderland and newcastle fans travelling down and back up north together. 

apart from sunderland all other teams and fixtures i cannot see being a problem, possibly pompey and bournemouth both travelling to london on the sunday as bournemouth have palace away. 
  • Options
    Released by efl don’t know what that means as they are useless pricks most of the time. 

• Options
    Image result for may gif
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Just checked my loyalty points and I’m showing 540 so it has already gone wrong as that can’t b possible! They’ve added new season tickets already by looks of it 
    Same here,i'm now on 740 points, will that mean that people who buy 'early bird' season tickets jump ahead of people who've attended quite a lot of away games this season?
  • Options
    Saturday night in Doncaster might be a bit lively for one team
  • Options
    clive said:
    cabbie8 said:
    Just checked my loyalty points and I’m showing 540 so it has already gone wrong as that can’t b possible! They’ve added new season tickets already by looks of it 
    Same here,i'm now on 740 points, will that mean that people who buy 'early bird' season tickets jump ahead of people who've attended quite a lot of away games this season?
    For fucks sake, if they've added early bird season tickets already it's a complete joke and will screw a lot of people over. Will try to get onto the club to confirm this. 
  • Options
    Released by efl don’t know what that means as they are useless pricks most of the time. 

I've only checked L1, but it's the same as they've already announced. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    cabbie8 said:
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    clive said:
    cabbie8 said:
    For fucks sake, if they've added early bird season tickets already it's a complete joke and will screw a lot of people over. Will try to get onto the club to confirm this. 
    They've commited to next season though