Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket sales (38,227 Addicks Going to Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure why people are surprised these tickets are selling out, as Millwall have always managed to sell loads of Wembley tickets

If you sell 24000 Valley tickets for the semi, then 37000 Wembley tickets is easily done, especially as Wembley is still iconic, but also so convenient for the more "casual" fan being brought along. If the national stadium was located in Manchester, I doubt the tickets would have sold so fast.
    Our sales for the Full Members Cup final in 87 was pretty poor (15,000?). The sales for the 98 play-off final were still being sold at the end of the window and we wouldn't have sold many more if we had them to sell. So, by comparison the demand for these League 1 play-off final tickets has been astonishing. All those available will be sold today. 
  • Options
    Was it an initial 37k with the possibility of more or is that the lot?
    Pretty sure that's it when both sides sell this many.

Only times teams seem to get more tickets (like Coventry in the checkatrade final a couple of years ago) are when the other side sell a low amount.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    hawksmoor said:
    I'm also half-way up in the Gods, but there you go. At least I'll be there.
    I don't think there's any bad seats at the new Wembley so even in the back tier it'll be a good view.
    I sat two rows from the front behind the goal for England v Switzerland at the new Wembley and it felt like was I a full 30 yards from the pitch. I had to watch the replay on the big screen because I wasn't entirely sure with what just went on. So, yeah, I'm happy enough with where I am. On the half-way line, too.
  • Options
    To sell over 30,000 is actually very surprising to me. yes there are friends of fans, family, bandwagon jumpers, the uncommitted and the like, but what percentage can that be?
    There is a kind of depth to our support which has a bit of mystery about it, untapped and unexplored maybe. 
    I doubt the current regime ponders that even now we still have potential and the current regime does not want to engage with the desires of fans.
  • Options
    Meanwhile on the Sunderland forum, some posters saying they still have around 7k tickets left and will probably reach phase 3 of sales. Very surprised at that but i guess they were only there about 4 weeks ago.
    Hopefully it'll be our turn to sing.

You couldn't sell all your tickets 
  • Options
    Is there anybody available to get some tickets for me need 4? I can’t log in or get through on the phone 
  • Options
    So frustrating 
  • Options
    Happy to pay a little extra 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Club have tweeted over 30,000 sold 
    Incredible really. We're going to sell out before Sunderland after 1 less day of sales.
    How many have Sunderland sold?
  • Options
    After the scenes on fri night did we not expect this👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant seem to get purchase ticket option when i sign in for tickets. Am on data base as i have loyalty points and one of the Red Cards but can't order tickets.
    If anyone can help I need 3 tickets.
    07931 432057
  • Options
    Been trying all morning on the internet and phone.  I can buy my coach travel but can't seem to get to the page on the web site to make the ticket purchase.  Anybody else having problems.
  • Options
    john3 said:
    Cant seem to get purchase ticket option when i sign in for tickets. Am on data base as i have loyalty points and one of the Red Cards but can't order tickets.
    07931 432057
    click on home match tickets 
  • Options
    elcafc check your private messages
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    To sell over 30,000 is actually very surprising to me. yes there are friends of fans, family, bandwagon jumpers, the uncommitted and the like, but what percentage can that be?
    There is a kind of depth to our support which has a bit of mystery about it, untapped and unexplored maybe. 
    I doubt the current regime ponders that even now we still have potential and the current regime does not want to engage with the desires of fans.
    Not sure why people are surprised these tickets are selling out, as Millwall have always managed to sell loads of Wembley tickets

If you sell 24000 Valley tickets for the semi, then 37000 Wembley tickets is easily done, especially as Wembley is still iconic, but also so convenient for the more "casual" fan being brought along. If the national stadium was located in Manchester, I doubt the tickets would have sold so fast.
    Our sales for the Full Members Cup final in 87 was pretty poor (15,000?). The sales for the 98 play-off final were still being sold at the end of the window and we wouldn't have sold many more if we had them to sell. So, by comparison the demand for these League 1 play-off final tickets has been astonishing. All those available will be sold today. 
    It's only 12 years since we were in the PL (even if feels like 50!), there will be people who watched us then who drifted away, but have been lured back for these big games.

That's why Bournemouth are missing out through having a tiny ground, It doesn't matter financially at the moment, but they are missing the chance to build up their fanbase for the future, when they're no longer in the PL.
  • Options
    Do we know when they are getting posted out?
    First class post after 20th (today) it says on the website, so asap.  Let's hope 'Royal Mail' don't screw us over again...
    Good as I going on hoilday on Friday then coming back on Sunday then back to the holiday ps my wife hates me for that 
    She hates me as well to be fair
  • Options
    robroy said:thanks mate its worked now, wasnt happening earlier.
    COYR
    john3 said:
    07931 432057
    click on home match tickets 

• Options
    Are the club holding back tickets in the lower blocks for Thursday sale? Or did they all sell out st the weekend? Because I could only snatch some up on the top tier
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LMHR said:
    Wound up to fuck now . Hundreds of calls . The online won’t let me on . Want 2 tickets for myself and my grandson who both are both season ticket holders . Had enough . I don’t mind queuing . I get that, but I wasted a day yesterday . I can’t do the same today They can stick their season tickets up their arse . 
    Feel for you mate I had all this. Unmanned phone and greyed out online. Stressed me out bigtime.

I eventually got a reset password option online. I reset it (to the former password) and, who knows why, it then let me in!

Might be worth trying.
    Me the same eventually  managed to my 5 tickets this morning. Phew it's not meant to be this hard surely, Katie helped me out with password reset email link .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the club holding back tickets in the lower blocks for Thursday sale? Or did they all sell out st the weekend? Because I could only snatch some up on the top tier
    They're all gone apart from family zone but you have to have an under 16 ticket for there
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Every time I thought I had a brilliant seat, I discovered it was for a wheelchair. I did this multiple times before accepting a seat in the gods. Watching the clock tick down while I messed about looking for the 'perfect' seat was so, so stressful. 
    Hi @JiMMy 85, were the wheelchair seats marked with an 'i' or similar? According to Wembley's interactive map my seats are wheelchair spots, but I didn't seen anything that indicated this on our booking pages or in my confirmation email. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They're all gone apart from family zone but you have to have an under 16 ticket for there
    ...or buy one😉
  • Options
    I have no idea if mine are being sent or I've got to pick them up as I didn't tick any boxes at the end??
    was doing it all on my mobile in a rush and was trying to be discreet in the office.

Got a confirmation email and it does say on it that home tickets will be sent to the below address 48hrs before but not sure if that is correct for these??

Picking them up will be a fricking nightmare won't it?!
  • Options
    I have no idea if mine are being sent or I've got to pick them up as I didn't tick any boxes at the end??
    was doing it all on my mobile in a rush and was trying to be discreet in the office.

Got a confirmation email and it does say on it that home tickets will be sent to the below address 48hrs before but not sure if that is correct for these??

Picking them up will be a fricking nightmare won't it?!
    They will posted to you, there's no other option.
  • Options
    First class post after 20th (today) it says on the website, so asap.  Let's hope 'Royal Mail' don't screw us over again...
    Good as I going on hoilday on Friday then coming back on Sunday then back to the holiday ps my wife hates me for that 
    Yeah. I am doing the same mate and can’t say I am the flavour of the month. 
  • Options
    1700 left by the looks of it, 1600 upper tier.
  • Options
    Dating back to my early Valley days in the 60’s we always seemed to have the ability to pull in a big crowd for the odd special game here and there, having said that I’m astonished how quickly we have sold 30k plus. 
  • Options
    Think that I have just worked out my problem.  Been a member for years but never bought on line.  Registered today but it seems to have recorded me as a new member and therefore will not let me buy a ticket.  Can anybody help me out with one ticket or even buy one for me.  Trying the club phone line but not getting through.  CR former Sevenoaks addick.