Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer

124»

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I think LB is out of order not giving Thomas Dreisen the credit he craves and desires in the above article, surely he is a major part in our recruiting scheme? 
    Thomas ... Thomas Driesen ... ooh ooh 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    For me his over taken Chrissy Powell in terms of management success, its a miracle what he has done this season with such adversity (started the season couldn't even fill a bench, spent £0, lost Grant in Jan and replaced with a huge downgrade in Parker, wasn't allowed to bring another striker in), and yet we still went up!!
    If Bowyer can get us to 9th in The Championship with Simon Church up front I'm in agreement. 
    Church signed season after that
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    For me his over taken Chrissy Powell in terms of management success, its a miracle what he has done this season with such adversity (started the season couldn't even fill a bench, spent £0, lost Grant in Jan and replaced with a huge downgrade in Parker, wasn't allowed to bring another striker in), and yet we still went up!!
    If Bowyer can get us to 9th in The Championship with Simon Church up front I'm in agreement. 
    Church and Sordell signed after the 1st match of the season, if I remember?

One by one all Chris Powell's targets had been snapped up by other clubs - because funds weren't made available.

Let's hope we're not in the same boat again after the season starts.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    IR94 said:
    IR94 said:
    Church and Sordell signed after the 1st match of the season, if I remember?

One by one all Chris Powell's targets had been snapped up by other clubs - because funds weren't made available.

Let's hope we're not in the same boat again after the season starts.

Of course we will be in the same boat. If any of our targets have a transfer fee attached to them then they won't be coming to SE7.
    We have to hope that Bowyer stays and that he is able to be as successful as last season with the free transfers and loan signings.
    Unfortunately, we are in a higher league so I have my doubts even as far as Bowyer staying. 
  • Options
    I have no doubts that Bows and his team will be here at the start of this season.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I think LB is out of order not giving Thomas Dreisen the credit he craves and desires in the above article, surely he is a major part in our recruiting scheme? 
    Thomas ... Thomas Driesen ... ooh ooh 
    @stonemuse I have never been so insulted in my life
  • Options
    If Bowyer can get us top half next year then I will have him in the Chris Powell bracket.

That bloke got us 9th and three points off the play offs with Cedric Evina, Salim Kerkar, Brad Pritchard and Jonathan Obika in the starting line-up!

The bloke was working miracles in 2013 - I’d argue beyond anything Bowyer has so far achieved
    A good point but I'm going to counter that and say those players were only fringe players not regular first teamers like Stephens, Kermo etc a squad where Powell had been allowed to build with funds available. And for every Evina, Kerkar, Pritchard and Obika there's an Ajose, Marshall, Fosu and Vetokele all seriously draining the wage bill players Bowyer didn't sign and still had to play. 

Bowyer has had zero funds to spend and had his equivalent of BWP sold from him in January. I can accept Powell with us finishing 9th was a terrific effort but frankly with what Bowyer has done a 21st place finish this season will eclipse the efforts of Powell and that's not to undermine the efforts of Powell but to highlight the amazing efforts of the Bowyer team and setup. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Why does the fantastic achievements of Powell and Bowyer have to be compared ?

When we start on that it can only get messy,
    Despite being polar opposite characters as young men, both came back to our club as  managers around the 40 mark and did it their way. Chris didn't have the immediate success of Lee but once he could bring his own guys in the rest is history.

The only common denominator for all successful Cafc managers from Jimmy Seed, who had the unambitious Glikstens brothers as bosses, Mike Bailey who had the apathetic Michael Gliksten as owner, Lennie Lawrence who had the Sunley group, Selhurst park and a 60% boycott to overcome, Powell after being allowed to assemble a 100 point plus League one Squad then had the money pulled by Jimenez, Slater and Cash, before the Duchatelet era and his network of madness and to Lee Bowyer, the enfant terrible who through the calmness of fishing has matured into a positive decent man and after 15 months at the helm, a cracking manager who can think on his feet.

We all hope that the last exciting Six weeks isn't just  one shining light in the darkness of Duchatelet's tenure.
    We need it to be a renaissance of all the best times of Cafc.

We should be a competitive Championship side. Over to you Roland to take your money, (40 million sounds more than enough) and disappear into the Brussels sunset.

Ps. LoL, nearly forgot  Murray part 1 and the hard work and smooth running under Curbs when if Parker had stayed we may have nicked the 4th spot in the Premier instead of 7th.
  • Options
    Article in the Observer today picking a divisional team from each division of the EFL. Bowyer is chosen as the Manager of the League One team and Taylor as the main striker.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Curb_It said:
    Redskin said:
    25May98 said:
    It’s perfect chemistry and I think he realises that he’s in the best place he could possibly be. If he goes somewhere else and it doesn’t work out he might start getting grief from fans, his past might get dragged up. He doesn’t deserve that and at Charlton it won’t happen. 
    Provided he is signed up I feel he could be with us for a while. Another Curbs maybe. I like to think so. 

When he was flashed up on the big screen yesterday whilst the cup was being banded about he seemed to be just aside from the celebrations for a personal moment of reflection. I think he knows that he’s into something good right now and he will want to carry on. 
    It did happen. When Bowyer was appointed manager a poster on here issued a statement on behalf of CARD demanding to know why he had never issued an apology over that incident.
    Needless to say, it was meet with the indifference it deserved.
    I dont think that it was issued on behalf of CARD, Redskin. Think you're mistaken there. 
    I seem to remember it was, but can't  be absolutely sure, so you're probably right.
    If you can't be absolutely sure why post it as fact
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nice random link. Realised a lady that works where I do today looked familiar. 

Couldn't put my finger on it and didn't know her last name. Then I was told her name is Bowyer, and immediately the similarities were clear. 

I think it must be his sister but I'm too much of a wimp to ask!
    Imagine if you were wrong!
    Highly unlikely...but.... she'd probably give you a slap!
    He'd probably show up and give you a slap if you were right, or wrong!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Couldn't put my finger on it and didn't know her last name. Then I was told her name is Bowyer, and immediately the similarities were clear. 

Apparently he has a sister caller Kay Anne
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:u

Stiff upper lip mate, don’t hold back go steaming in you’re bound to gain her respect………. Oh good luck and have your next of kin’s phone number on the back of your hand just in case you bottle it 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

For the same company or same office? If it's the company, search the email list for a bowyer? 

I appreciate that she might not be a bowyer anymore but worst case is that by the time you've looked, it will be 90 seconds closer to home time
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If you ever have to pop out for her burger and coke order ... don't get it wrong.
  • Options
    a woman who looks just like lee bowyer? Poor thing.