Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Options
    Not Australia's pitch this. Their seamers are dangerous but this is a slow pitch and they don't have the spinners or variations for it. 
  • Options
    Few better sights in cricket than watching the Aussies getting battered. 
  • Options
    One of the few occasions I find myself liking the Indian cricket team (much as I admire many of their players)!
  • Options
    352-5. Going to be tough to chase this down.
  • Options
    Warner looks even more punchable with that daft beard
  • Options
    Cmon Aus - oops did I really say that.
  • Options
    just cant stand that Indian smugness
  • Options
    Said it before and I’ll say it again.
    Would much rather the Aussies win than the Indians.
    So many Indian cricket fans, writers and some players/ex-players talk about the game as if they fecking own it.
    They’re blinkered, patronising, dismissive and obnoxious - but only about cricket. Talk to an Indian about anything else and they’re engaging and quite lovely. 
  • Options
    So many Indian cricket fans, writers and some players/ex-players talk about the game as if they fecking own it.
    They’re blinkered, patronising, dismissive and obnoxious - but only about cricket. Talk to an Indian about anything else and they’re engaging and quite lovely. 
    Unlike the Aussies then? ;)
  • Options
    Mini collapse for the Aussies. Smith, stoinis and Maxwell all out haahahhaaa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Unlike the English then? 
  • Options
    Bumrah is bizarre. How can you bowl that quick off that shitty run up?
  • Options
    278-6    44.1

75 off 35 needed
  • Options
    283-7   44.5
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Weird how Warner was the slowest of the Aussie batsmen
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Haha! You make a good point, but the difference is that Anglo/Aussie ribbing is exactly that - ribbing.
    The English and the Aussies have historically demonstrated a large amount of gloating, whinging, pettiness, rule-breaking (or, at least, rule-bending), anger, accusations, complaints, personal attacks and so on. However, whether we’re talking cricket, rugby or anything else, and when the heat of the moment has cooled and time to reflect has been taken, there’s always an underlying respect and sense of humour.
    The Indians demonstrate all of these worst characteristics and more, but there’s no humour, no respect. They mean it and they don’t see anything wrong with that.

• Options
    If England are to win the WC then we probably need to beat one or both of these teams.
    I would say India are our biggest threat and then Australia.

PS Zampa is not very good & it's little things like this that can make the difference
    After watching today's game I stick by this.
  • Options
    Why has the ball hit the stumps 5 times in this WC yet the bails don't fall off ?
    Is this to make sure it's a run feast ?
    Hard enough being a bowler in one day cricket without the bails being glued on.
  • Options
    Why has the ball hit the stumps 5 times in this WC yet the bails don't fall off ?
    have only seen 2 of them, but on one occasion it was the barest of touches on leg stump, and the other was a clip on the very base of the leg stump - on both occasions I can fully understand the bails not moving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WI v SA today - a must-win for both teams - especially SA
  • Options
    Weird how Warner was the slowest of the Aussie batsmen

They gave him no width or length - showed how England should bowl to him.
    With both  him and Smith, Archer should try to pin them back with short stuff, and then straight and full.

• Options
    WI v SA today - a must-win for both teams - especially SA
    Looking at the forecast I'm sure it'll be rained off,  so 1 point each 
  • Options
    The BBC have an article on this. I love the response in one tweet about David Warner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48575320

First sandpaper, now wood glue...

• Options
    They should bring back the bowl-off (bowl-out?) for rained-off matches. If the batsmen feel left-out, just have a net and award the game to the team that looked more in nick 
  • Options
    The game has actually started! I wonder how many balls will be bowled. I reckon maybe 15
  • Options
    If DRS didn't exist, that would be the worst umpiring decision of all time, more or less
  • Options
    A year ago June was baking hot and bone dry!
  • Options
    Amla's career winding down somewhat painfully. What a good player he once was
  • Options
    Markram off the mark with a shot that screams 'why did you idiots drop me'