Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• 154-2.
    Oh for there to be Sangakkara and Jayawardene at the crease now.
  • edited June 2019
    Turned on the radio just as the third wicket fell. Boo.
  • Australia always somehow manage to nick a wicket at a crucial time
  • Lack of intent against Maxwell may cost them
  • edited June 2019
    already I can see a last four of Oz, India, NZ and England .. admittedly not especially revelatory or hard to predict .. a winner from that lot ? .. mmmmmmmm .. Oz (yet again, the drongos) 
  • edited June 2019
    already I can see a last four of Oz, India, NZ and England .. admittedly not especially revelatory or hard to predict .. a winner from that lot ? .. mmmmmmmm .. Oz (yet again, the drongos) 
    Oz wont win it - they dont have that all-round ability - they rely on 3 batsmen and they dont have explosive batsme beyond Finch and Warner, sometimes have no real 5th bowler, and are not dynamite in the field - both England and India are better all-round teams.
    Oz v NZ could be interesting.
  • already I can see a last four of Oz, India, NZ and England .. admittedly not especially revelatory or hard to predict .. a winner from that lot ? .. mmmmmmmm .. Oz (yet again, the drongos) 
    If that is the last 4 how does it work.
    Is it 1st v 4th 
    2nd v 3rd. 
    Like in the playoffs. 
  • already I can see a last four of Oz, India, NZ and England .. admittedly not especially revelatory or hard to predict .. a winner from that lot ? .. mmmmmmmm .. Oz (yet again, the drongos) 
    Is it 1st v 4th 
    2nd v 3rd. 
    Like in the playoffs. 
    exactly that mate .. 
    Is it 1st v 4th 
    2nd v 3rd. 
    Like in the playoffs. 
    exactly that mate .. 
    Cheers. 
  • Australia always somehow manage to nick a wicket at a crucial time
    Unfortunately, it's called class bowling by Starc.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need NZ to beat Aus to see if we can make a ENG v NZ semi.

• really looking forward to tomorrow .. India v Pakistan .. anyone fancy Pakistan to upset the odds ?
  • really looking forward to tomorrow .. India v Pakistan .. anyone fancy Pakistan to upset the odds ?
    As ever, depends what Pakistan turns up.
    As ever, depends what Pakistan turns up.
    It's at Old Trafford so there will very likely be rain at some stage. It's currently likely to start around 5pm/6pm.
  • How come SA are chasing 127 to win when Afghanistan only got 125? How does DL work that out?
  • I enjoyed today more than I was expecting, as for much of the time it was a genuine contest. Unfortunately for Sri Lanka at the moment only their openers are scoring any runs at the moment, and once they were out the rest folder easily. Great to watch Udana and Malinga's death bowling, a real lesson in using variations to baffle the batsmen

Great knock by Finch, and Smith looked really good, but Warner isn't in great touch and Khawaja looks a weak link. Opponents can't allow Maxwell to bowl 10 cheap overs though, he needs to be targeted

The Aussie fielding was massively better than the Sri Lankan fielding, no careless fumbles and the throws from the boundary were all laser guided.
  • How come SA are chasing 127 to win when Afghanistan only got 125? How does DL work that out?
    Not sure but what on earth was Amla doing?

41 from 83 deliveries. Did he think it was a test match?
    Not sure but what on earth was Amla doing?

41 from 83 deliveries. Did he think it was a test match?
    SA have been dreadful and Amla has hardly contributed.  A not out in a nine wicket win is not a bad way to get your World Cup back on track.  (Even if it's too little too late). 
  • Come on Pakistan.

Whoever named that country should have won an award. 
    Paki-Urdu for pure.
    Stan- Urdu for people. 

It's also an anacronym for the tribes that make up the country
    Punjabi
    Afghani
    Kashmere
    I (A tribe beginning with the letter 'I'. I'll Google it later.) 
    Stan- Meaning people. 

Do the business against India lads! 
  • Pakistan v India matches have an edge that make them really enjoyable. India are a better side but if it all clicks into place Pakistan can beat them.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m Team India today. 
    Should be a corker. 
  • PAK win toss and bowl.

Cant stand IND and their smug squashed tomato faced captain.
  • Pakistan v India matches have an edge that make them really enjoyable. India are a better side but if it all clicks into place Pakistan can beat them.
    I’m not a huge cricket fan, but would love to go to an India v Pakistan match. 
  • ...some pretty targeted advertising during the ad breaks !
  • looks like the shit Pakistan has turned up today, aside from Amir, bowlnig has been poor.
    42-0 off 8
  • 62-0 off 11
  • India on track for a huge total here
  • Said on sky one billion people expected to watch this game worldwide. 
    I'd love to see one of these games live one day.
  • Rohit finally out for 140.

India 238/2 off 39 overs.
  • Feels like India haven’t really accelerated after a fast start.