Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Root is top run scorer so far? 
    Root 279
    Shakib 260
    Warner 255
    Roy 215
    Finch 190
    Buttler 185
    Sharma 179 (game in hand)

• Afghanistan and SL our next 2 matches, so you'd expect us to win both and hopefully we can give Roy and Morgan time to rest and recover before we face Australia and India
  • Laddick01 said:
    Just makes it even crazier that we had Woakes below an out of form Moeen
    Woakes at number 3 in the test matches anyone. 
    As good a chance as anyone else I think.
  • Afghanistan and SL our next 2 matches, so you'd expect us to win both and hopefully we can give Roy and Morgan time to rest and recover before we face Australia and India
    It'll be interesting how we juggle our squad for these matches. We won't want to overbowl Wood either, with his bad ankle
    It'll be interesting how we juggle our squad for these matches. We won't want to overbowl Wood either, with his bad ankle
    Totally agree. 
    Wood has been bowling superbly so far.
  • England have a few injury concerns at the moment what with Buttler, Wood, Roy and Morgan. 
  • Woakes as test no. 3... Behave. Did well today but come on
  • You should only be eligible for Test number 3 if you can take a good kicking
  • We already have someone who could be the best Test no. 3 in the world. He just refuses to bat there.
  • edited June 2019
    Root now has a better average in ODIs than in Tests.In fact his stats are remarkably consistent

Tests 6685 runs at 49.51 with 16 100s
    ODIs 5579 runs at 51.65 with 16 100s

He even averages 49 in First class and List A

• Sponsored links:

• We already have someone who could be the best Test no. 3 in the world. He just refuses to bat there.
    Whilst i agree that he should bat 3, if he doesn't want to then we have to accept that imo, the best batsman in the world (Kholi) bats at 4
  • Australia looking good, Sri Lanka looking ragged...
  • edited June 2019
    Australia looking good, Sri Lanka looking ragged...
    As usual.
     Losing Murali, Sanga,Jaya,Dilshan in just a few years is a huge gap to fill.
    I notice that SL have complained to ICC about the pitches ,facilities and Hotels given to them so far. I'm almost expecting them to complain to the ICC about the weather too.
  • OZ 190-2 off 34
  • McBobbin said:
    Woakes as test no. 3... Behave. Did well today but come on
    agree, BUT remember Sandpaper Smith started as a 'promising' leg spinner and hit or miss lower order batsman .. admittedly Smith was a lot younger than Woakes when his (Smith's) batting metamorphosis took place 
  • Australia are making an absolute dog's breakfast of this innings.  Great to see. 
  • 350  / 360 looked very much on at one point. 
    Nice to see the Aussies make a mess of it at the end.
    I still think the may have enough but you never know. 
    Come on  Lanka. 
  • Great knock by Finch and Smith played well but odd periods when the Aussies got bogged down 

Sloppy fielding by Sri Lanka, a no ball for not enough men in the ring sums it up
  • Certainly SHOULD be enough against Sri Lanka but disapointing total given where they were at one point. 
  • I may have to take my words back if Sri Lanka continue like this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Root is top run scorer so far? 
    Root 279
    Shakib 260
    Warner 255
    Roy 215
    Finch 190
    Buttler 185
    Sharma 179 (game in hand)

The thing with Root is you watch him playing himself in and then suddenly realise he has 40 off 35 balls without seemingly being very attacking. 
  • edited June 2019
    Great atmosphere at the Oval, like an Ashes match! The Sri Lankans are in good voice, and the "neutrals " as well 
  • 115-0 off 15
  • edited June 2019
    Here we go then, fun while it lasted. The other 9 wickets will probably fall for about 70.
  • Here we go then, fun while it lasted. The other 9 wickets will probably fall for about 70.
    Hope you are wrong  
  • Here we go then, fun while it lasted. The other 9 wickets will probably fall for about 70.
    Hope you are wrong  
    But we all know that Chris will prob be right.
  • its the fifth bowler(s) for OZ where SL have to attack - if they can get 70/80 off them then they could be in business.
    Hope you are wrong  
    If Sri Lanka can go another 7 or 8 overs without losing another wicket it could be very close. 
    Hope you are wrong  
    If Sri Lanka can go another 7 or 8 overs without losing another wicket it could be very close. 
    I'd feel a lot better if it was 27 or 28.