Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Did anyone see Farbrace on The Debate last night? A great insight into this England team. You'd have thought he was still employed by the ECB! He made some very strange comments.
  • It feels like it is a definite Pakistan victory here. no point clutching at straws. England can win their next two games but they have to start finding their form. 
    the pitch is a bitch (excuse the terrible rhyme) .. get some cash on NZ
  • In a massive shock, Surrey actually win a game. Surprising that the Surrey thread hasn't been celebrating this rare piece of good news  ;)
    We don't like to boast how good we are.

• It feels like it is a definite Pakistan victory here. no point clutching at straws. England can win their next two games but they have to start finding their form. 
    Shhhhh - I am saying it is a definite Pakistan win as I get things wrong so often in Cricket predictions. So I'm sticking with it :)
  • If Pakistan win this I think they'll finish 4th. I'm not saying Hales should've played.  What he did was stupid & England were right to drop him, but with Roy getting injured, it's a major factor in why we haven't performed in my opinion.

Roy & Hales at the top of the order would've made a huge difference.  If they go out & score 50 off the first 5 overs, it sets the tone for the entire innings 
    I agree with all of this.  But I would be interested to know, assuming you don't want to weaken the bowling, which of Bairstow, Root or Buttler should have had to make way for him and who would bat at three. 
  • Well, everyday is a school day. 
    Didn’t know that if the umpires chose to review they aren’t permitted to use ultra edge. 
    Interesting. 
  • Chizz said:
    If Pakistan win this I think they'll finish 4th. I'm not saying Hales should've played.  What he did was stupid & England were right to drop him, but with Roy getting injured, it's a major factor in why we haven't performed in my opinion.

Roy & Hales at the top of the order would've made a huge difference.  If they go out & score 50 off the first 5 overs, it sets the tone for the entire innings 
    I agree with all of this.  But I would be interested to know, assuming you don't want to weaken the bowling, which of Bairstow, Root or Buttler should have had to make way for him and who would bat at three. 
    What ? 
    Hales in place of Vince.
  • Well, everyday is a school day. 
    Didn’t know that if the umpires chose to review they aren’t permitted to use ultra edge. 
    Interesting. 
    It was the strangest bit of umpiring/checking/reviewing until Smithie explained that "rule". 

But, with that rule in place, the umpire was effectively saying "I know he hit it" (because his review couldn't confirm or deny that bit) "...but I think it bounced after he hit it" (because he gave the soft signal not out).  So he was wrong on both counts! 
  • Chizz said:
    If Pakistan win this I think they'll finish 4th. I'm not saying Hales should've played.  What he did was stupid & England were right to drop him, but with Roy getting injured, it's a major factor in why we haven't performed in my opinion.

What ? 
    Hales in place of Vince.
    I see.  So, Hales and Bairstow to open.  And no Roy? 
  • If de Grandhomme somehow pulls New Zealand to a competitive score, I'm sure all the England fans will unite in saying

"Thanks Colin"
    He goes for a crucial 63

Thanks Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• If de Grandhomme somehow pulls New Zealand to a competitive score, I'm sure all the England fans will unite in saying

"Thanks Colin"
    He goes for a crucial 63

Thanks Colin
    Only the third time in World Cup matches that numbers six and seven have passed 60. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

What ? 
    Hales in place of Vince.
    I understood him to be talking about yesterday, when Roy was out injured.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

What ? 
    Hales in place of Vince.
    I understood him to be talking about yesterday, when Roy was out injured.
    OK.  But @Gravesend_Addick said Roy and Hales should open.  So I wondered which batter he would leave out of the XI. 
  • "A bit of glove, a bit of bat, a bit of helmet for Santner".  Does Smithie deliberately try to sound like Julian Clary while he's commentating? 
  • 236-7

Neesham 97no

Game on
  • Thats a great effort by the Kiwis to get up to that score after being 4 & 5 down so cheaply.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Thats a great effort by the Kiwis to get up to that score after being 4 & 5 down so cheaply.
    Yes, let's hope our boys were watching and learning. 
  • If Roy is playing and stays in, we score big and can beat anybody. 
  • If Roy is playing and stays in, we score big and can beat anybody. 
    Or Bairstow.  Or Root.  Or Morgan. Or Buttler.  Or Stokes...
  • Yes true, but that start is important - put your boot on your opponent and then keep it them down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    If Roy is playing and stays in, we score big and can beat anybody. 
    Roy getting the scoreboard ticking over quickly at the start paves the way for what comes next. 
  • Chizz said:
    If Roy is playing and stays in, we score big and can beat anybody. 
    How did that work out against Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Australia then?
    Shhhhh - I am saying it is a definite Pakistan win as I get things wrong so often in Cricket predictions. So I'm sticking with it :)
    you have the gift of prediction .. any idea about the eventual winners ? .. ((:>)
  • Chizz said:

I was thinking more about Roy being injured, but to answer your question, without all the off field stuff & a fully fit team to choose from, I would definitely have Roy & Hales opening.  Somebody has to miss out &"that's a tough call.  I would probably drop a spinner & play Bairstow down the order.  Yes it weakens the bowling , but as I said, Hales &:Roy have the ability to get an innings off to a flyer & that sets us up for a huge total 
  • Pakistan will probably overtake us by Sunday. Pressure on us to beat India now.
  • Pakistan play Afghanistan and Bangladesh. You have to think they'll win both of those. 
  • I wish somebody would tell Eoin Morgan, that when winning the Toss you can actually elect to bat 1st, put runs on the board and pressure on the side batting second. He has this stubborn fallacy that we can beat everyone and we can chase any target, well not Pakistan's 248 or Sri Lanka's 232 or Australias 285, just play a game on its merits. 
    We have never won a major ODI Trophie and i knew that with this Plan A only attitude, this would continue and that we couldn't possibly win every game chasing and thought that we would probably come unstuck in the semi or final, but i really didn't think that we would be this poor.
  • Pakistan play Afghanistan and Bangladesh. You have to think they'll win both of those. 
    You'd think so yes but.............it's Pakistan. You never quite know which Pakistan will turn up.
    You'd think so yes but.............it's Pakistan. You never quite know which Pakistan will turn up.
    Bangladesh could still be in with a chance of qualification too, and even if they're not you can't imagine them making it easy for Pakistan!