Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Chizz said:
    As far as looking into the game is concerned, if the ICC anti-corruption team feel that the ending merits an element of investigation, they should do this to preserve the integrity of the international game, irrespective of which teams were involved.
    Is this a serious suggestion?  The worst team in the tournament has lost their eighth game in a row, against a team that ranks four places higher, and the ICC needs to "investigate" it?  
    I am not sure why you are missing the obvious point; it is not the result but the on balance highly suspicious way it happened. Can you really not see how highly suspicious it is?
    he can .. he just loves an argument and to play devil's advocate .. he's harmless really ((:>)
  • Very much a serious suggestion, a considered view based on 11 years spent working in professional cricket, which included staging international and World Cup games.
    OK, if it's "very much serious", what elements would you have "looked into"?  Gulbadin is ranked higher, as a bowler, than Ben Stokes.  Should Stokes have been investigated when he threw away the world T20 final? 
  • Chizz said:
    Very much a serious suggestion, a considered view based on 11 years spent working in professional cricket, which included staging international and World Cup games.
    OK, if it's "very much serious", what elements would you have "looked into"?  Gulbadin is ranked higher, as a bowler, than Ben Stokes.  Should Stokes have been investigated when he threw away the world T20 final? 
    Stokes should have been flogged and sent to bed with no supper
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    As far as looking into the game is concerned, if the ICC anti-corruption team feel that the ending merits an element of investigation, they should do this to preserve the integrity of the international game, irrespective of which teams were involved.
    Is this a serious suggestion?  The worst team in the tournament has lost their eighth game in a row, against a team that ranks four places higher, and the ICC needs to "investigate" it?  
    I am not sure why you are missing the obvious point; it is not the result but the on balance highly suspicious way it happened. Can you really not see how highly suspicious it is?
    Articulate the "suspicion".  Are you suggesting that Gulbadin threw the match?  And if you are, can you not see how preposterous that appears, compared to the fact that good team beats bad team by taking six off the last over? 
    What a stupid comment.
    Its simple...
    Why would you bring yourself on when the previous 4 overs (by spinners) have gone for 12? runs and those bowlers have overs to spare, and then bowl yourself again in 50th when youve gone for 20 in the previous?
    It is just 'dodgy'
    Im not saying sonething should  be done as it would seem as sour grapes but it does look 'dodgy' 
  • edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Articulate the "suspicion".  Are you suggesting that Gulbadin threw the match?  And if you are, can you not see how preposterous that appears, compared to the fact that good team beats bad team by taking six off the last over? 
    Again you are missing the point. Bizarely. Iit was taking off the spinners who could continue and bowling himself

The team to win predictor before then was 75% Afghanistan
  • Having worked alongside the ICC anti-corruption team, all I can say is that there will be informal discussions, unless an official complaint is made when they are duty bound to investigate.
    As far as Stokes being taken apart by Brathwaite is concerned, he was not captain, and therefore he did not make the decision to bowl himself.
  • edited June 2019
    As Fiona ssid, his two overs were sprayed with full tosses, slot balls and wides
    Hes probably made for life. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    What a stupid comment.
    Its simple...
    Why would you bring yourself on when the previous 4 overs (by spinners) have gone for 12? runs and those bowlers have overs to spare, and then bowl yourself again in 50th when youve gone for 20 in the previous?
    It is just 'dodgy'
    Im not saying sonething should  be done as it would seem as sour grapes but it does look 'dodgy' 
    Some of the things you've posted here are true.  But, not very many of them, unfortunately.  

You would bring yourself on if you back your own ability.  The previous four overs (by spinners) had gone for 24.  Mujeeb had bowled out and couldn't be brought on again for the last over. Nabi had bowled out and couldn't be brought on again for the last over. Rashid Khan had bowled out and bowled the 49th over, so couldn't be brought on again for the last over. Gulbadin's penultimate over went for a terrible 18, not an horrendous 20.  

In my view, Shinwari should have bowled the last over.  That was Gulbadin's second-biggest captaincy error.  

I agree that there isn't "something" that "should be done" though.  
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Again you are missing the point. Bizarely. Iit was taking off the spinners who could continue and bowling himself

I'll ask you again - articulate your "suspicion".  Are you accusing someone (anyone?) of cheating?  If so, who? why? where? how? and what for?  If not, I am in complete agreement.  
  • Even the commtators said they didnt understand it - and that was before hed bowled the 47th over
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, 18 instead of 20,i apologise. 
  • I don’t understand the suspicion. They are a poor team, it is no surprise to see them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

I'll ask you again - articulate your "suspicion".  Are you accusing someone (anyone?) of cheating?  If so, who? why? where? how? and what for?  If not, I am in complete agreement.  
    I am saying it was suspicious
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Yes, you said that.  And I asked you to articulate your suspicion.  What are you suspicious OF
  • Aussie are on top v the Kiwis .. NZ 99-3 .. Williamson's gone .. 144 needed at a run a ball .. we will see
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Yes, you said that.  And I asked you to articulate your suspicion.  What are you suspicious OF
    Why are you being so obtuse? Surely you must know it is not ideal to accuse anyone of anything directly. Do you really not see how changing a winning strategy to a losing one in the manner it happened, as a number of us have already explained is in any way suspicious? If not, after various different people explaining it then it is reasonable to assume you are just a wum. Irrational comments like you saying the suspicion being because of the result (which it clearly is not) or because of the potential impact on England (again it is clearly not about that) then you need to re-read previous posts. If you still cannot see it then I suggest we leave it at that as you understanding the entirely valid point will not make any diffference
  • Shinwari was left with 2 overs not bowled.
    It was either terrible captaincy or it was deliberate.
    We don't know.
    But what we do know is Chizz has just done another box of kleenex.
  • Here is one I made earlier …. 'Such a shame that his (Gully's) behaviour has brought a very dark cloud of suspicion over the tournament.

IF England lose out to this and despite my earlier post opining that I don't think the powers that be will investigate, the English press will be all over it like a rash when the tournament is done and dusted .. who knows what they will find, if anything'
    Also remember the Pakistan team contains a player (Amir) who's done prison time for match fixing (a k a conspiracy to accept corrupt payments) and in my opinion, should never have been allowed back, especially as he is a VERY fine bowler ((:>)'

I dare say that given previous scandals involving prison sentences and proven corruption by Pakistani cricketers (or indeed those of any other nation), any illegal bookies, gamblers and corrupt players will now be scrupulous in covering their tracks if ever they are involved in fixing matches/spot incidents. Nowadays, any 'illegality' will be VERY hard to uncover and prove beyond a reasonable doubt

• NZ sinking fast .. Steve (sandpaper) Smith just got de Grandhomme with his first ball .. crooked lil fecker
  • Gulbadin is trending on twitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Why are you being so obtuse? Surely you must know it is not ideal to accuse anyone of anything directly. Do you really not see how changing a winning strategy to a losing one in the manner it happened, as a number of us have already explained is in any way suspicious? If not, after various different people explaining it then it is reasonable to assume you are just a wum. Irrational comments like you saying the suspicion being because of the result (which it clearly is not) or because of the potential impact on England (again it is clearly not about that) then you need to re-read previous posts. If you still cannot see it then I suggest we leave it at that as you understanding the entirely valid point will not make any diffference
    OK, you don't know.  That's fair enough. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    so England need 2/2 from 2 very strong sides
    Yep.  And 4/4 from  4 very strong sides to win the cup.
    can't see it .. Oz for me even if the Kiwis beat them today .. change channel now ((:>)
    No, my point is that England's task is now crystal clear and it's in their own hands.  They "only" have to win the next four in a row. 
    Do we ?
    I haven't checked but if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, wouldn't we only have to win one of the next two games ?
    IF Pakistan beat Bangla they will be on 11 points .. England can get to 12 by winning both their games .. a win and no result will be enough for England on net run rate .. PROBABLY, depending on scores in the 3 matches at issue .. potentially, though very unlikely, England could overtake either India or NZ ((:>) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/world-cup/table
    My point was and remains, that if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, England probably only need to win, one of the two league games.
  • Here is one I made earlier …. 'Such a shame that his (Gully's) behaviour has brought a very dark cloud of suspicion over the tournament.

IF England lose out to this and despite my earlier post opining that I don't think the powers that be will investigate, the English press will be all over it like a rash when the tournament is done and dusted .. who knows what they will find, if anything'
    Also remember the Pakistan team contains a player (Amir) who's done prison time for match fixing (a k a conspiracy to accept corrupt payments) and in my opinion, should never have been allowed back, especially as he is a VERY fine bowler ((:>)'

I dare say that given previous scandals involving prison sentences and proven corruption by Pakistani cricketers (or indeed those of any other nation), any illegal bookies, gamblers and corrupt players will now be scrupulous in covering their tracks if ever they are involved in fixing matches/spot incidents. Nowadays, any 'illegality' will be VERY hard to uncover and prove beyond a reasonable doubt

Do YOU think there was something "corrupt" in today's game? I think it was incompetence, but I don't think it was corrupt.  And to reinforce the point, it's worth considering whether bookies would make much money on Afghanistan losing.  
  • edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

So you are stil missing the point or claiming to. I get it as itehrs do, but you don't; never mind, what a shame as not difficult to understand - maybe cricket is too complex a game for you?!
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

You clearly have run out of any argument other than to try to ridicule or insult other people  - a sign of a losing argument  -.
  • edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

So you are stil miss the point or claiming to. I do, you don't; never mind, what a shame as not difficult to understand - maybe cricket is too complex a game for you?!
    Princess, you have said a number of times that you think something is suspicious.  I have asked you to be specific.  Because, if you suspect that a couple of bad decisions were made by the captain - bringing himself on to bowl twice - then I completely agree with you.  

But if your suspicion extends further than that, I would be interested to know how far.  

In short, we witnessed some crappy captaincy today.  I think we are agreed on that.  But I don't think we witnessed cheating.  Do you? 
  • edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    Here is one I made earlier …. 'Such a shame that his (Gully's) behaviour has brought a very dark cloud of suspicion over the tournament.

Do YOU think there was something "corrupt" in today's game? I think it was incompetence, but I don't think it was corrupt.  And to reinforce the point, it's worth considering whether bookies would make much money on Afghanistan losing.  
    depends when the bets were laid .. at one time Afghani were strongly favoured to win so the odds on Pakistan winning would have widened, those on Afghanistan shortened attracting money for an Afghani win and Pakistan loss .. any bets laid then could have meant big potential losses to bookies .. do you understand the mechanics of modern gambling ? .. in play gambling ? .. vast sums are gambled across Asia and the Indian sub continent .. odds change very quickly in volatile markets

Corruption? .. accusing anyone of this is potential libel .. I'm sure you have read the site guidelines about making such overt accusations. I will just say the decisions and awful on-field mistakes made by one particular player stink of corruption and not just off the cuff bad decision making or  mere unprofessional incompetence 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    so England need 2/2 from 2 very strong sides
    Yep.  And 4/4 from  4 very strong sides to win the cup.
    can't see it .. Oz for me even if the Kiwis beat them today .. change channel now ((:>)
    No, my point is that England's task is now crystal clear and it's in their own hands.  They "only" have to win the next four in a row. 
    Do we ?
    I haven't checked but if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, wouldn't we only have to win one of the next two games ?
    IF Pakistan beat Bangla they will be on 11 points .. England can get to 12 by winning both their games .. a win and no result will be enough for England on net run rate .. PROBABLY, depending on scores in the 3 matches at issue .. potentially, though very unlikely, England could overtake either India or NZ ((:>) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/world-cup/table
    My point was and remains, that if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, England probably only need to win, one of the two league games.
    as you can see from the table, that is correct
  • edited June 2019
    Possible corruption doesn't have to involve betting, although previously with Pakistan it did.

It's not beyond Pakistan to be involved with anything dodgy though.
    Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir ?
    Butt and Asif were given prison sentences.
  • Got to think if Pakistan had lost today, India wouldn't have been too fussed to lose to England and send Pakistan out. 

Big result for Pakistan, by fair means or foul.