Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Possible corruption doesn't have to involve betting.
    There have been past instances in sport of teams being paid to lose.
    Do you think that happened today?
  • Chizz said:
    Possible corruption doesn't have to involve betting.
    It may have done, that's why there are investigations or enquiries.
    Anyway I'm not feeding you any longer.
  • Possible corruption doesn't have to involve betting, although previously with Pakistan it did.

It's not beyond Pakistan to be involved with anything dodgy though.
    Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir ?
    Butt and Asif were given prison sentences.
    Amir was also banged up for a few weeks as I stated just above .. and he is now an integral part of this Pakistan team !! .. ridiculous
  • NZ 144-9
  • Chizz said:
    I didn't realise that there are have been investigations into today's match.  That puts a very different light on events. 
  • Australia dug in again today when in a difficult situation.
    They've nearly won now.
  • Possible corruption doesn't have to involve betting, although previously with Pakistan it did.

It's not beyond Pakistan to be involved with anything dodgy though.
    Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir ?
    Butt and Asif were given prison sentences.
    Amir was also banged up for a few weeks as I stated just above .. and he is now an integral part of this Pakistan team !! .. ridiculous
    Looks like there are two teams with convicted cheats in them that have won today.  
  • NZ now lose two on the bounce and just scraped home v Windies
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    I didn't realise that there are have been investigations into today's match.  That puts a very different light on events. 
    I think the meaning was intended as a generalisation, i.e. Games in general are sometime investigated .. today's dodgy game MAY be investigated by the pros, this has not happened yet

• Afghanistan came in to 1.27 (nearly 1 to 4 on ) 

that over by matey plus the full tossing in the final over and missed run out was pathetic 

but when you look at the sums that are bet on these matches and who knows what else on the subcontinent it’s easy to see the potential for skulduggery. 

The IPL smelt this year of some moody results and I have heard rumours of smelly stuff from various unconnected sources .

this shit usually takes years to come out in the wash, if it ever does . 
  • Sponsored links:

• So Pakistan have scored 18 runs off 4 overs of spin. The captain brings himself on to bowl a series of bad balls which cost 18 in 1 over. Game lost. Still in with a slight chance he bowls himself in the last over, more bad balls, then even misses a ultra simple run out and some people don't think this is suspicious? I felt so sorry for the other 10 Afgan players and their supporters. I even noticed him smile at the end! Others looked devastated
  • Chizz said:
    Have we become that nation that assumes if we're knocked out of an event, it must have been because some foreigners were cheating?  I hope not. 
    FFS!!!
  • redman said:
    So Pakistan have scored 18 runs off 4 overs of spin. The captain brings himself on to bowl a series of bad balls which cost 18 in 1 over. Game lost. Still in with a slight chance he bowls himself in the last over, more bad balls, then even misses a ultra simple run out and some people don't think this is suspicious? I felt so sorry for the other 10 Afgan players and their supporters. I even noticed him smile at the end! Others looked devastated
    I don't think anyone has suggested it isn't suspicious (although I haven't read every post).  Some people suspect its incompetence and bad bowling; others have a different agenda.  But I don't think anyone is suggesting it's not suspicious. 
  • Today's vital game .. drop Ali and play Curran .. Root's off spin looks as good as Ali's right now.. play Roy if fit, though he might well perform poorly after his lay off .. whatever he will be a better bet than unconvincing Vince .. is Archer fit ? .. be good to find a place for Plunkett, though that is doubtful .. England NEED to win this so let's all hope for the best .. (unless you're a fan of India or another participating team of course)
  • Early speculation that Plunkett is in for Moeen.
  • Is the thinking if you win the toss you bat ? 
  • Cricinfo reporting that Pant is starting instead of Shankar, so India just got even stronger.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Is the thinking if you win the toss you bat ? 
    'chasing' seems not to be England's thing .. so .. YES
  • Ali has been bowling really well. Fair enough that India can usually play spin nicely but a lot of you are underrating his contribution. 
  • India make two changes.  Pant comes in to the side.  And they're wearing their "away" kit.  Just in case anyone was in any doubt as to whether money is becoming more important in cricket these days. 
  • Sponsored links:

• England bat first .. no Ali, Plunkett plays
  • Roy back 
  • Leuth said:
    Ali has been bowling really well. Fair enough that India can usually play spin nicely but a lot of you are underrating his contribution. 
    Ali is a disaster in the games of any real meaning.
  • What's that supposed to mean? He's bowled well in all the games 
  • Chizz said:
    Have we become that nation that assumes if we're knocked out of an event, it must have been because some foreigners were cheating?  I hope not. 
    PS I think you meant cheating again.
  • Chizz said:
    cant get over that appalling over from Gulbadin - and then he still chooses to bowl the 50th ??
    The decision to bring himself on was much worse than the decision to bowl the final over.  There's no way he should have brought himself on, they were completely in charge at that point.  But, by the last over, they had lost it and the only thing he could do was bowl himself to try to rectify the appalling earlier decision.  
    The only thing he could do was bowl himself ?
    Patently not true.
  • This is a very interesting article from BBC .. interesting bit of info about M S Dhoni's earlier career ((:>)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48777755
  • 9-0  1 over
    Roy 8, hands up who wanted to keep Vince in ?
  • Chizz said:
    cant get over that appalling over from Gulbadin - and then he still chooses to bowl the 50th ??
    The decision to bring himself on was much worse than the decision to bowl the final over.  There's no way he should have brought himself on, they were completely in charge at that point.  But, by the last over, they had lost it and the only thing he could do was bowl himself to try to rectify the appalling earlier decision.  
    The only thing he could do was bowl himself ?
    Patently not true.
    You're right, he had a very small number of other options.  But he couldn't rely on any of them to have conceded four or fewer runs in that last over.  So, whilst he could have chosen another bowler, other than himself, he could not have done so with any sensible confidence they would have won him the game.  So, on the basis that they had all but lost the game after 49 overs, his only real option of a bowler to win it for him was to bowl himself.  

I have said a number of times that his decisions to bowl himself, twice, in the last few overs were both wrong.  
  • 9-0  1 over
    Roy 8, hands up who wanted to keep Vince in ?
    Paul Farbrace ((:>)