Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Options
    Well done New Zealand you played extremely well it can be argued you deserved to win as you lost less wicket. But bloody hell what a game of cricket
    I don’t get that either. Match tied surely team who lost less wickets wins?
    2 boundries against 1!
    26 boundaries to 17 over the day. 
    Ah I thought only boundries in that over counted.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Sir Peter Jackson, Kiri Te Kenawa, Jonah Lomu...erm...Neil Tennant...erm...your boys took one hell of a...erm....levelling...do you hear me New Zealand....we drew you into submission...
    I think you mean Neil Finn (Crowded House) :wink:
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Kane Williamson - what an absolute gentleman.
    Fair play to him. Took a tough tough defeat with amazing grace.
  • Options
    Some years back there was a programme called 100 Great Sporting Moments and they'd show one each week or however often it was on.

If they ever decide to make an update we've seen two today.
  • Options
    Best two months of sport I have witnessed. Probably will never be bettered. 
  • Options
    So pleased for Stokes after that last over T20 final nightmare.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    Riviera said:
    England will beat NZ today, comfortably. 
    Are you more or less confident about this prediction than you were when you said Australia will win the World Cup?
    More, especially as England were in the final when I made it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What did the Kiwis say about the four extra runs off the deflected throw? 
    Williamson said it was part of the game.
    This is what makes sport the best form of entertainment. I don't think I've ever seen an incident like that before and it happened in the last over of a World Cup final. And the ball before was a six because the fielder stepped over the line (a bit like Gary Sobers' fifth six). Just incredible. 

• Options
    Should be Sir Ben Stokes after carrying his bat all the way through and then batting in the super over. Bloke looked dead on his arse and yet still wanted to be involved showed how much he wanted it. Makes up for that T20 final and then some. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Sir Peter Jackson, Kiri Te Kenawa, Jonah Lomu...erm...Neil Tennant...erm...your boys took one hell of a...erm....levelling...do you hear me New Zealand....we drew you into submission...
    I think you mean Neil Finn (Crowded House) :wink:
    Bloody predictive text!!!
  • Options
    The incident where the ball hit Stokes' bat was the same as leg buys or a deflected four of the batsman's back or arse which I think cost England. It was more significant because it happened at a time when England looked out of it. But it is just cricket luck which goes for you and against you. Like the earlier six!

You have to feel for the Kiwis in a game like that. But well done to England - I do recall getting a lol when I said England could still win it after their defeats!
  • Options
    England only ever win anything in extra time....
  • Options
    If you think that’s bad...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What did the Kiwis say about the four extra runs off the deflected throw? 
    Williamson said it was part of the game.
    This is what makes sport the best form of entertainment. I don't think I've ever seen an incident like that before and it happened in the last over of a World Cup final. And the ball before was a six because the fielder stepped over the line (a bit like Gary Sobers' fifth six). Just incredible. 

No it wasn't. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable game, throughly enjoyed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No you're right, it was the previous over. He hit a clean six the ball before. 
  • Options
    Am watching RTE news & they had the Rush Cricket Club in Dublin on. 
    This is where Eoin started. 
    The whole club where backing England and ecstatic when we won. 
    I’ve seen it all now. 
    Fabulous x
  • Options
    Great stuff.....this was the Wembley 1998 of cricket, so many twists and turns, even down to the opposition being decent sorts and our star being technically one of theirs (Ben Stokes was born in NZ!). 
    I was thinking that too. 

If today's final had been Australia vs India it would still have gone down as an all time great match, it will be talked about by neutrals forever
  • Options
    An epic game - one of the most exciting finishes I've ever seen. 
  • Options
    I hope no-one in the New Zealand side gets singled out for any moment which, in retrospect, cost them the game. They were magnificent and a great credit to their country throughout the whole competition. 

But, fuck me, Santner ducking the last ball of the innings with the score at 241-8 takes a bit of understanding..!
  • Options
    Loads of negative comments on Twitter about how England didn't deserve to win. 

Not from Kiwis though, but from Asian cricket fans. Weird
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Should be Sir Ben Stokes after carrying his bat all the way through and then batting in the super over. Bloke looked dead on his arse and yet still wanted to be involved showed how much he wanted it. Makes up for that T20 final and then some. 
    agree with most of that but... he didn't carry the bat