Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely think I would pay 500 pounds a month until the day I die just to be on the night out with the England team tonight! 

Still can't believe it - amazing. 

• Options
    Genuinely think I would pay 500 pounds a month until the day I die just to be on the night out with the England team tonight! 

Still can't believe it - amazing. 

https://twitter.com/haiderakhtar1/status/1150482891434024960?s=21

Except two of them.
  • Options
    Quote from Strauss:

If England are not bowled out they win.

Sounds right.
    Strauss knows diddly 🤣

England were bowled out
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    What was the boundary count by the way? Was it close?

24-16 in the main match. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Riviera said:
    What was the boundary count by the way? Was it close?

24-16 in the main match. 
    It wasn't close and, by the time the Super Over started New Zealand knew they couldn't have won it on boundaries, without some very "suspicious" no-balling on their part...
  • Options
    Was out most of the day so watched on my phone for most of England’s innings.

Watched the highlights which didn’t highlight the Stokes lucky touch in the last over, what exactly happened?

Also, was Archer’s first ball a wide in the super over?
  • Options
    The Stokes incident was when a fielder threw at the stumps and as Stokes was diving to get in ground the ball hit his bat and went for four runs.

yes his first ball was a wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was out most of the day so watched on my phone for most of England’s innings.

Watched the highlights which didn’t highlight the Stokes lucky touch in the last over, what exactly happened?

Also, was Archer’s first ball a wide in the super over?
    The throw came in from near the boundary as Stokes was running his second. He dived to make his ground and the ball detected off his bat, past the wicket keeper and flew to the boundary. Freak accident. Stokes didn't run an overthrow - he was flat on the floor. But the ball crossed the boundary and the was no option but for the umpires to give four overthrows, plus the two they ran. 

Archer's first ball was round the wicket to the left hander. It went directly over the blue line. Umpire signalled a wide. I didn't think it was. But the line is only a guide and so if the umpire wants to judge it as a wide in the circumstances, I think that's fair enough. 
  • Options
    I was umpiring a match in the Quaid-e-Azam league up here in Yorkshire. The match finished. All Asian players crowded around an iPad cheering on New Zealand. Me, only English bloke for miles, looking disconsolate. 
    Then - boom! That last regulation over was ridiculous. 
  • Options
    I know both teams knew the rules about the countback etc but looking back now would it not have been fairer and certainly more dramatic to have had another Super Over if scores were level after the first one? 
  • Options
    That throw in from Roy was an arrow of the highest quality!

Great throw sir.
    It was third time lucky! 
  • Options
    I was umpiring a match in the Quaid-e-Azam league up here in Yorkshire. The match finished. All Asian players crowded around an iPad cheering on New Zealand. Me, only English bloke for miles, looking disconsolate. 
    Then - boom! That last regulation over was ridiculous. 
    And there, in a nutshell, you have Norman Tebbitts "cricket" test. 
  • Options
    That throw in from Roy was an arrow of the highest quality!

Great throw sir.
    Stokes was a deserved MOTM but for the impetus his innings provided and his execution of the run out Buttler had a blinder today
  • Options
    Posting while lying in bed.
    Must be the greatest one day game ever.

Let's hope it boost's English cricket.
    I'm still on a massive high and can't sleep!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m pretty sure at some stage during the interviews while the trophy was being handed out , Nasser said England were World come Champions ! 
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure at some stage during the interviews while the trophy was being handed out , Nasser said England were World come Champions ! 
    He did. It was an exciting finish
  • Options
    Sorry. Also worth mentioning,....bugger, bugger, bugger.
  • Options
    The ball that went for a six, by the fielder stepping on the rope. Would it have carried for a six? If not and the fielder let it go for a four, NZ would’ve won in the 50 overs.
  • Options
    P.S. Fck.
  • Options
    During the celebrations and lap of honour I’m surprised Queens “We are the Champions” wasn’t played 
  • Options
    It was good to hear Morgan mention those players who have been part of the squad over the course of the last year but didn't make the final squad particularly David Willey. That said, would it have been better to be Willey or say Curran or Dawson who were drinks carriers throughout or even Ali who lost his place in the team? 
  • Options
    That was honestly the first time I've watched cricket properly aged 43, well, I watched England's last 20 overs. Bearing in mind my dad would watch a full 5 day test regardless who is playing when I was a kid. 
    Got a mate who calls me uneducated cause I think Cricket is boring and he has been trying to get me to go for years. 
    I respectfully whattsapped him at the end as didn't want to call and ruin his moment and simply said 'Wow, cricket finally gets a personality, I enjoyed that last 20 overs and fully expect my money back if we do finally go and it's less boring than that'.