Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hummel's worst batch of kits we've had i'd say. Not a fan of any of them really, not complete disasters just very meh. The panel on the 3rd kit takes it from a 10/10 to a 6/10
    I respectfully disagree sir.  The home is okay, the away is nice and the third I love, even with the panel.
    How dare you disagree with me! My opinions are final! 
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm how yellow/green this kit is and whether it's the same sizing as last seasons tops?

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/training/adult-training/training-tops/1423_charlton-adult-2122-matchday-shirt.html

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hummel's worst batch of kits we've had i'd say. Not a fan of any of them really, not complete disasters just very meh. The panel on the 3rd kit takes it from a 10/10 to a 6/10
    I respectfully disagree sir.  The home is okay, the away is nice and the third I love, even with the panel.
    The panel gives me Germany 2002 away shirt vibes: 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can anyone confirm how yellow/green this kit is and whether it's the same sizing as last seasons tops?

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/training/adult-training/training-tops/1423_charlton-adult-2122-matchday-shirt.html

It's definitely more green than yellow 
  • Options
    Just been in the shop, handful of the 3rd kit in stock and it might be the last delivery before Xmas.
  • Options
    That Atletico Mineiro kits from a few pages back is available for €20, very tempting, probably the most I've ever been tempted by a non-Charlton, non-England shirt
    https://maillotsfactory45.com/collections/atletico-mineiro/products/atletico-mineiro-maillot-21-22

It is a thing of beauty but that has to be a knock off site looking at the image and for 20 EUR!

The main Mineiro site seems to have closed orders on the shirt and they were 100 EUR a pop when I looked before.  My son is a kit nerd and was interested in getting one.
    I'll post pics if/when it arrives.
    Well it took forever to arrive, but I'm very happy with the quality, only problem is it's come up a size too small (I need XL, it's more like a L), so if anybody is interested I'll part with it for £15
  • Options
    Was this from the French website (that is actually Chinese?)

I got a delivery too. Haven't checked the shirts for size yet but if the come in at L instead of XL it might encourage me to diet a bit.

My daughter was happy with her violet Barca kit too.
  • Options
    I see that the third kit was back in stock but the website now says only size L available. Anyone have any knowledge of when other adult sizes are due back in stock ? 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Completely agree. The grey panel totally ruins that kit 
  • Options
    Was this from the French website (that is actually Chinese?)

I got a delivery too. Haven't checked the shirts for size yet but if the come in at L instead of XL it might encourage me to diet a bit.

My daughter was happy with her violet Barca kit too.
    Yeah, that's the one. Paid €20, so about £17, just looking to try and get most of that back rather than it sitting in my wardrobe taunting me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone heard anything other twitter rumours, that we have signed with Castore from next season?
  • Options
    Anyone heard anything other twitter rumours, that we have signed with Castore from next season?
    The rumour has been around since September 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The rumour has been around since September 
    I also think that this rumour has also since been confirmed.
  • Options
    Shame, the Castore kits look crap.
  • Options
    Shame, the Castore kits look crap.
    They might look crap and are expensive, but I bet they are able to get stock to clubs for fans to buy. 
  • Options
    I believe Castore are looking to grow into football in a big way a bit like Hummel and their resurgence in the last few years.
    with Thomas being Danish I’m surprised we would be leaving Hummel but it might just be about money
  • Options
    Not happy if we go with Castore, their kits look awful. 
  • Options
    When we were up watching Gateshead I went in the St. James Park Castore store. Quality seemed to be exactly the same as nearly every kit maker to me. I always think Adidas kits are the best made.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I believe Castore are looking to grow into football in a big way a bit like Hummel and their resurgence in the last few years.
    with Thomas being Danish I’m surprised we would be leaving Hummel but it might just be about money
    Do not think this was down to Thomas and I also know that Hummel were keen to keep us within their portfolio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we were up watching Gateshead I went in the St. James Park Castore store. Quality seemed to be exactly the same as nearly every kit maker to me. I always think Adidas kits are the best made.
    Inclined to agree about adidas, the newish Nike kits have awful quality and seem like cheap copies in terms of quality of stitching etc. 

Shame if we leave Hummel as i do appreciate the ‘tailored’ parts of our kits so that they are not out of a catalogue, but maybe this is part of the plan to bring the shop in-house rather than fully outsourced to a supplier. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Castore kits are rubbish judging by what I have seen/felt from them, Hummel have been the best kits we've had in the 21st Century IMO
    Apart from Rangers (whose kits aren't bad) and Newcastle (you can't do much with black and white stripes) what other clubs do they make kits for?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Castore kits are rubbish judging by what I have seen/felt from them, Hummel have been the best kits we've had in the 21st Century IMO
    Apart from Rangers (whose kits aren't bad) and Newcastle (you can't do much with black and white stripes) what other clubs do they make kits for?
    Wolves

• Options
    Inclined to agree about adidas, the newish Nike kits have awful quality and seem like cheap copies in terms of quality of stitching etc. 

Shame if we leave Hummel as i do appreciate the ‘tailored’ parts of our kits so that they are not out of a catalogue, but maybe this is part of the plan to bring the shop in-house rather than fully outsourced to a supplier. 
    Castore are still relatively small, so our kits should be fairly bespoke

Interestingly both the England and Kent cricket teams will be wearing Castore this summer too, so that's 2 elite teams they've taken on (plus England)
  • Options

Castore are still relatively small, so our kits should be fairly bespoke

Interestingly both the England and Kent cricket teams will be wearing Castore this summer too, so that's 2 elite teams they've taken on (plus England)
    I was in the pub earlier and the cricket was on the tv, South Africa were wearing castore against India
  • Options
    The current Hummel kits aren't great, the home kit is the worst of the bunch they've made. And I'm seeing people moaning about third kits, I care more than a design that respects the traditions of the home kit, and at least acknowledge history with the away kit. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    like this is the kind of rank bollocks I hope we don't get lumped with.

Also the Rangers, Wolves and Newcastle home shirts are both boring and cheap looking. 

Hummel's kits, not just for us but across their portfolio, have been great by and large for the past few seasons, and the patterns, colours and graphical elements have almost always been bespoke to each team
    just as minging as the purple adidas number from the 90's its based on