Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    “We’re experiencing technical difficulties beyond our control” from Villa Youtube.

Now back on and 1-0 Villa.
  • Options
    Now it says "We are experiencing difficulties beyond our control". So are Charlton.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Pictures back on Villa's YouTube feed.
  • Options
    Back up and running now
  • Options
    It's back.
  • Options
    Said he was class earlier
  • Options
    Worried about our lack of creativity from midfield and forwards this pre season. 
  • Options
    Worried about our lack of creativity from midfield and forwards this pre season. 
    Not been great today but be more worried on August 9th if nothing has been done about it
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The Charlton stream has been working perfectly. CAFC are streaming from the East Stand (so you can't see how empty it looks below) while Villa are streaming from the West Stand.
  • Options
    The area we want to strengthen. I’ll worry if we don’t get in at least 2 midfielders and a striker.

Ideally need 3/4 midfielders and 2 strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Lord Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    HT 0-1
  • Options
    Good first half.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Tried to be nice earlier but Taylor looks poor.

Williams Aneke and Lockyer have been big positives for me.
    Been impressed with Pratley too - His experience of the Championship looks set to be vital

Dont expect too many 90min performances but expect him to come off the bench a fair few times again
    Yeah in all fairness Pratley has been very solid. JFC gone missing so far but just good to see him playing again.
  • Options
    Williams, Aneke and Lockyer definitely the highlights. Taylor does look to be missing some of his swagger.

I also like the look of Oshilaja who has been quiet but effective and Purrington is his usual solid self down the left.
    I hope Taylor is just not fit as he looks slow and indecisive to me. We are in huge trouble if he can't make the step up. I am interested in seeing Bonne in second half.
  • Options
    We're better than I expected. Oshilaja has impressed me and Sarr has held his own. JFC looks fit and Williams has caused Villa problems.

Not impressed by Lockyer - looks too hesitant to me. Aneke seems reluctant to shoot.

Can see Villa scoring again.

Grealish looks an utter knob the way he strolls about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    El Muhammdi a threat on corners / free kick. Grealish very good. Jonny Williams looked good. The rest of the midfield less so. Charlton short of a few players still. 
  • Options
    Charlton looking quite good, loads of positives from the game so far, the season starting to look promising already. This is turning out to be a great warm up match with the weather just perfect for a game of football. 
  • Options
    vff said:
    El Muhammdi a threat on corners / free kick. Grealish very good. Jonny Williams looked good. The rest of the midfield less so. Charlton short of a few players still. 
    What reaction did Konsa get? 
  • Options
    vff said:
    Villa look like they can open us up but defensively we've been pretty solid.
  • Options
    Grealish is annoyingly good at football, but he's a proper weird looking twat with his low socks, floppy hair and languid movement isn't he?
  • Options
    vff said:
    What reaction did Konsa get? 
    Half hearted...
  • Options
    New kit looks rubbish on the telly. Big white tips on socks always make players look leggy.  Just my tuppence worth. From the 35 minutes I saw I think we look solid but powderpuff. Lyle looks as though he’s still on the beach. 
  • Options
    Half time and I really fancied a cup of tea rather than another beer but there was about 100 pints of lager and bitter already poured and lined up at the kiosk I was at so it seemed rude not to...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Grealish is annoyingly good at football, but he's a proper weird looking twat with his low socks, floppy hair and languid movement isn't he?
    Hard not to dislike him - looks a proper ponce. Good footballer though - very composed.
  • Options
    This isn't a true test as we're playing effectively a Premiership first XI but there's enough to suggest solidity if not the ability to create much from midfield. Aneke has looked impressive and JFC has put himself about without linking anything much up in the opposition half. Our one weakness cannot be spoken of as it's his big day :/