Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Penalty to Charlton, foul by Konsa
  • Options
    It's worrying but agreed what can we do. Bowyer will sign some midfielders, it's the position if anything we had to many off last season, I think that highlighted he loves a midfielder. Just hope we get lucky with another gem or two and not just anybody. 

• Options
    Lyle Taylor scores from the spot 1-3
  • Options
    Taylor gets his first goal
  • Options
    That's a helluva penalty!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Two step run up 😅
  • Options
    Good pen. Wonder how long it will be before he takes his "run" up from the half way line. 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2019
    3-0 : This could be a very long half. Aston Villa & Grealish strolling through the Charlton midfield like it doesn’t exist. Missing Aribo (thanks Duchatelet), Cullen & Bielik big time. Lots of work to be done improving the midfield. If this is it, then it will be a very long hard season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    JFC and Pratley instead of Cullen and Aribo. That is how far we are behind our League One team, trouble ahead.
    Why not wait till 9th August before shitting yourself?
    That's just hiding the problem. Yes we can't control anything and I agree we have time, but you cannot have a pop at people highlighting the concern. 
     Of course he can have a pop at people you do it all the time😈
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    JFC and Pratley instead of Cullen and Aribo. That is how far we are behind our League One team, trouble ahead.
    That's just hiding the problem. Yes we can't control anything and I agree we have time, but you cannot have a pop at people highlighting the concern. 
    Whats the point of panicking though?

Yes there MIGHT be trouble ahead but its still far too soon to be thinking there will be
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Southbank said:
    Course I do. 
  • Options
    How did that not go in. Great work BY harriott
  • Options
    Should be 3-2... Harriott did really well but ball flashed across the goal just out of reach of a Charlton player
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Yes there MIGHT be trouble ahead but its still far too soon to be thinking there will be
    I don't agree, it's not the start of pre-season, it's the end of it. 
  • Options
    Aneke impressing.  Needs to be a little more greedy occassionally.  Williams our best player by miles.  Lockyer solid too.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Southbank said:
    Course I do. 
    Glad we agree early doors for a change 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Penalty to Charlton, foul by Konsa
    Well done Ezri, doing his bit for Soll's big day
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Southbank said:

Far too soon? Lol, if you say so mate.

I mean, when was the last time we were let down under this owner?
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Yeah and how did we look at the end of pre-season last season?

Seem to remember going into the first game of the season with a lack of players on the bench
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Southbank said:
    Course I do. 
    Glad we agree early doors for a change 😉
    I'm still a bit hungover but I literally have no idea what you're on about or who you are. 
  • Options
    Purrington should have scored from 3 yards out. If he missed 99 out of 100 from there, I don’t care 😂
  • Options
    Harriott looks lively getting in behind the villa defenders which is what we have been missing. 
  • Options
    You  tube is shite
  • Options
    This stream goes down more than Taylor challenging for a header. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Seem to remember going into the first game of the season with a lack of players on the bench
    You're right. Having players is sooo overrated.

We got promoted last year so it stands to reason we will get promoted this year. Right?
  • Options
    Southbank said:

With a squad of similar quality and size that we have now, in the league below...