Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Grealish is annoyingly good at football, but he's a proper weird looking twat with his low socks, floppy hair and languid movement isn't he?
    He’s been a big disappointment so far. This is the first time I’ve seen him play live and all I keep thinking when I see him actually near the ball is ‘Zaha’
  • Options
    more technical difficulties on you tube :(
  • Options
    Stream gone again
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Grealish is annoyingly good at football, but he's a proper weird looking twat with his low socks, floppy hair and languid movement isn't he?
    sam3110 said:
    Hard not to dislike him - looks a proper ponce. Good footballer though - very composed.
    He has that touch of arrogance that all the good play makers have. Which is why opposing fans take great delight when he screws up.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This isn't a true test as we're playing effectively a Premiership first XI but there's enough to suggest solidity if not the ability to create much from midfield. Aneke has looked impressive and JFC has put himself about without linking anything much up in the opposition half. Our one weakness cannot be spoken of as it's his big day :/
    So we’re solid and don’t create much from midfield but our right back is our weakness?

Thought you’d have called Pratley our weak link.
  • Options
    Pratley hasn't been any better than decent but he's not an obvious weakness. Both of Villa's goals have come through our absent right-back position 
  • Options
    Midfield being overrun, no playmaker or bite in the tackle-
  • Options
    2 nil 
  • Options
    Mistake in midfield. Our defenders don't have many options to pass the ball out. We are in desperate need of better midfielders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, that's Dillon's place secure 
  • Options
    Williams is all over the pitch, working hard.
  • Options
    Badley caught out in midfield there for Villa's 2nd goal as we overplayed going nowhere.
  • Options
    3 nil Amos should of saved that
  • Options
    Wish the stream would go down again.
  • Options
    Oh dear - 3 nil
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Wish the stream would go down again.
    No difficulties watching those two goals go in. 
  • Options
    And it's three, too easy 😒
  • Options
    more technical difficulties on you tube :(
    More technical difficulties at the back for Charlton :(
  • Options
    Wow we look piss poor.  Defence and midfield not good enough. Taylor and aneke isolated 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say that collectively, JFC and Pratley don't have the pace, presence or composure to deal with Villa's midfield, and we could do with better in one or both positions 
  • Options
    Poor today, gave the ball away far too much in midfield and not really to sure where Deji is actually playing . Grealish is running the game
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Well, that's Dillon's place secure 
    cs1986 said:
    3 nil Amos should of saved that
    Cheers I thought it was Dillon who'd conceded that goal
  • Options
    Worried about our lack of creativity from midfield and forwards this pre season. 
    In Lord Bowyer we trust.
    This - was always going to be tough today, let’s see how the squad looks when the window shuts 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Exactly the sort of player you’d love to stick one on.....if you could get close enough 
  • Options
    Are we all still content how this is going? It was only a matter of time. I know LB is only working with the players he’s got at the moment but the season starts next week for Christ sake. No pattern whatsoever in the way we are playing 
  • Options
    Are we all still content how this is going? It was only a matter of time. I know LB is only working with the players he’s got at the moment but the season starts next week for Christ sake. No pattern whatsoever in the way we are playing 
    Dont think there is anyone content

Just making the best out of what we know is a difficult situation
  • Options
    Usually these type of games highlight the weaknesses and allow a manager to do something about it, however we don’t have that simple luxury with yellow tooth in charge
  • Options
    The plan appears to be Give It To Chuks
  • Options
    Will be interesting to hear LB's take on things in his post match interviews.