Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Harriott looks lively getting in behind the villa defenders which is what we have been missing. 
    Like he did 3/4 years ago?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Southbank said:
    JFC and Pratley instead of Cullen and Aribo. That is how far we are behind our League One team, trouble ahead.
    Why not wait till 9th August before shitting yourself?
    That's just hiding the problem. Yes we can't control anything and I agree we have time, but you cannot have a pop at people highlighting the concern. 
    Whats the point of panicking though?

Yes there MIGHT be trouble ahead but its still far too soon to be thinking there will be
    I don't agree, it's not the start of pre-season, it's the end of it. 
    Yeah and how did we look at the end of pre-season last season?

Seem to remember going into the first game of the season with a lack of players on the bench
    You're right. Having players is sooo overrated.

We got promoted last year so it stands to reason we will get promoted this year. Right?
    FFS!! Where the fuck do I say we'll get promoted?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Harriott looks lively getting in behind the villa defenders which is what we have been missing. 
    At this stage with the size squad we have, we almost have to sign him*

*awaits more lols than likes. 
    I'd be surprised if we dont sign him
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Southbank said:
    JFC and Pratley instead of Cullen and Aribo. That is how far we are behind our League One team, trouble ahead.
    That's just hiding the problem. Yes we can't control anything and I agree we have time, but you cannot have a pop at people highlighting the concern. 

Yes there MIGHT be trouble ahead but its still far too soon to be thinking there will be

Seem to remember going into the first game of the season with a lack of players on the bench

We got promoted last year so it stands to reason we will get promoted this year. Right?
    Calm down Mr Sunshine.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    At times yes. Properly always has been consistently doing it with harriott 
  • Options
    I know Taylor always takes his pens like that but he just doesn’t look right to me. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    At this stage with the size squad we have, we almost have to sign him*

*awaits more lols than likes. 
    Was almost thinking the same. I think we will sign him once we get others in and if any budget left 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Southbank said:

Calm down Mr Sunshine.
    Sorry Princess

FYI... Having players is so over-rated but at present we have 17-fit first team players (Page makes 18)

We only had 16 players to chose from for Sunderland and that included Maloney | Maynard-Brewer | RHF
  • Options
    Williams looking our best player by a country mile. 

Harriott looking sharp and almost had a very good assist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know Taylor always takes his pens like that but he just doesn’t look right to me. 
    Looks a little dis-interested?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm detecting a lot of love on this thread for the giant up front that is Mount Chuks.

BeckenSarr at the back, Mount Chuks up front; do we need another monster in the middle to complete our own Valley mountain range?

(As I type this Charlie Chuks has just gone off as a precaution after a heavy challenge  :( )
  • Options
    I'm detecting a lot of love on this thread for the giant up front that is Mount Chuks.

BeckenSarr at the back, Mount Chuks up front; do we need another monster in the middle to complete our own Valley mountain range?

(As I type this Charlie Chuks has just gone off as a precaution after a heavy challenge  :( )

I love anyone with chook in their name
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Oof, dreadful from JFC and Amos there
  • Options
    Lovely footwork from McGinn!!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    So have you been watching him play much over the last 3 years then?
  • Options
    Again giving the ball away and as for Amos less said the better 
  • Options
    Surprised we've not seen Bonne come on
  • Options
    Awful by us but credit to McGinn, he made it look so easy 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Any decent team this year will stop us from playing out in transition and force mistakes like we’ve seen today. Good job Taylor and Aneke seem to able to deal with long balls. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aston Villa have been impressive. Difficult to know how good they actually are but not one of our players would get in their team that is for sure. Not even Chucks. Who looks decent and massive.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oof, dreadful from JFC and Amos there
    This, followed by this:
    Lovely footwork from McGinn!!
    He did well to first keep his balance after the challenge and then twinkle-toes his way around Amos, along the touchline, and then finish.
  • Options
    Hope Lockyer improves he has looked shocking 
  • Options
    Aston Villa have been impressive. Difficult to know how good they actually are but not one of our players would get in their team that is for sure. Not even Chucks. Who looks decent and massive.
    McGinn | Hourihane | Grealish are very good ball playing Midfielders

Be interesting to see how the three of the cope in the Premier League
  • Options
    Really disliking the Villa commentator.
  • Options
    Have carved us open through out the game and we have played the diamond, 5 at the back and then 442 and still couldn’t get near them 
  • Options
    Surprised we've not seen Bonne come on
    Just come on for the last few minutes, replacing Lethal Lyle.

Might Bonne get a run out with the U23s on Tuesday evening against King's Lynn?
  • Options
    Bristol city 5-0 down to the nigels