Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Can you justify one of your highest earners being your second choice LCB?  I like Pearce but he has always struggled at championship level.  As its been said Wigan sold him to us.

If he is sold for "football reasons" I am fine with that, if its for "other reasons" not so much. 
    This. 

I remember being very disappointed in 1981 when Dick Tydeman left. He said that he didn't feel that he could play in the second tier anymore. Mark Aizlewood admitted after retirement that he moved to Leeds similarly because he felt out of his depth in the top flight. 

I wonder if Jason is happier being in promotion battles in L1 than surviving in the Championship. I can't see him going north again so Sunderland is probably unlikely unless they pay him big money. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can you justify one of your highest earners being your second choice LCB?  I like Pearce but he has always struggled at championship level.  As its been said Wigan sold him to us.

If he is sold for "football reasons" I am fine with that, if its for "other reasons" not so much. 
    Can you justify going into a Championship season with only 1 CB
  • Would 100% keep him. Warrior.
  • Being a boycotter it’s hard to comment but if the semi final against Doncaster and the 1st half of the final are anything to go on I would have him ahead of Sarr all day long.
  • Being a boycotter it’s hard to comment but if the semi final against Doncaster and the 1st half of the final are anything to go on I would have him ahead of Sarr all day long.
    They aren't anything to go on though, over the 50+ games in the season Sarr was consistently the better performer
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Can you justify going into a Championship season with only 1 CB
    Because obviously that's what I said isn't it?  
  • Roland would likely bite their hand off if he can replace him for less money/salary.
  • Think he’s just completed his UEFA A coaching badge looking at his Instagram. May be after a role involving coaching if Charlton can offer him that.
    Never mind a coaching role, he’ll be bloody managing us at this rate!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Being a boycotter it’s hard to comment but if the semi final against Doncaster and the 1st half of the final are anything to go on I would have him ahead of Sarr all day long.
    They aren't anything to go on though, over the 50+ games in the season Sarr was consistently the better performer
    Right, but as @Callumcafc put (far better than I could) Sarr performed well when we were the better team. In the crucial, difficult, final games of the season Sarr was found wanting (and was a liability in the final if we are honest). Clearly next season will have more games like the latter and I would trust Pearce over Sarr in those scenarios. 
  • Is Pearce capable of putting in that awesome tackle, or dealing with the 3 vs 1 breakaway without even resorting to a foul?  Pearce has been very lucky in the box where his hands are like an octopus.
  • Right now we're not in a position to be letting anyone else go. Bare bones as it is. 
  • i think he will stay.I believe he is 33/34 now and probably settled,he is a bit injury prone and wont play more than 25/30 games a season anyway,used sparingly he will do a good job next season,as we will need all the experience we can get.
  • If we had any money, I’d be advocating possibly moving him on.  However, we can’t afford to be losing anyone even half decent 
  • edited June 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Would 100% keep him. Warrior.
    RD has already said the playing budget will remain the same, so no chance of getting in any better quality in ANY position. If any current players are offered new improved contracts that will dilute the budget further still, so keeping those settled players is an imperative. Best not to unsettle the squad if possible and dig in for a tough season. What we lack in quality against our wealthier / free spending opponents we will require heart and commitment. Nobody can doubt Pearcey for that part of his game. He's a keeper for me. 
  • Sunderland will do nothing next year 
    Pompey are a team of bottlejob
    and oxford are managed by a scouser who is useless

he has young kids and would mean moving them to schools etc
  • Think he’s just completed his UEFA A coaching badge looking at his Instagram. May be after a role involving coaching if Charlton can offer him that.
    Would like to see him morph from player to coach over next couple of years, I wonder if Jason Eulls days are numbered as his stock rises and he gets more exposure from his England role. Pearce would be an ideal potential replacement and they would only need to change one initial on his trainng kit - ideal for Roland's cost saving!

• Sponsored links:

• I wouldn't be surprised if Euell was offered the job if Bowyer stepped away, I'd argue he's in a better position than Jackson to take the role
  • LCB is the one position we don't need/want to think about. 

We have 2 capable players no the of whom should be good enough for regular championship football. They each have different strengths and so can be picked on the situation and or form.

We have enough positions we do need to worry about, let's not create another.
  • sam3110 said:j
    I wouldn't be surprised if Euell was offered the job if Bowyer stepped away, I'd argue he's in a better position than Jackson to take the role
    Why do you feel that?  
  • edited June 2019
    Doing his coaching badges, Lyle Taylor just pointed out his Pompey shorts in his tweet. 

https://twitter.com/jpearce05/status/1134569445135962115?s=21

• sam3110 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Euell was offered the job if Bowyer stepped away, I'd argue he's in a better position than Jackson to take the role
    I think Euell has been asked about it previously and didn’t want it, probably because he thought he couldn’t succeed with the circus that is our club. 
  • edited June 2019
    Thommo said:
    Doing his coaching badges, Lyle Taylor just pointed out his Pompey shorts in his tweet. 

https://twitter.com/jpearce05/status/1134569445135962115?s=21

I simply assumed that he took the photo of someone else on the course shuffling pieces.

Ignorance is bliss.
  • I love Pearcy, but what if promotion has kicked in a 100% increase in his salary. I don't know if this is the case btw
  • Pearce want to stay yes

will Roland cash in if there any offer Yes 

Will it be Pearce's Choice NO 
  • edited June 2019
    JdCam said:
    Yes Pearce said in 2016 he would like to return one day. It's a 3 year old article, other than stating Pompey are interested him.

Mind you there must be something going on or an agent wants something going on.