Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce

Comments

• Options
    He’s made for that kind of game yesterday with a big lump of a centre forward and a bit of handbags going on every time the ball gets up to them. I’d still keep him as a 4th choice next season tbh.
  • Options
    With the squad cap in place we need to be careful. But I’d definitely offer him a player coach role over Watson and it’s as 5th/6th choice CB. One of them in front of him cannot be Inniss though. 
  • Options
    Heart on his sleeve type. Always gives 100%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    He'd be in the team for the rest of the season for me. Will make some errors (they all do) but always gives everything unlike a lot of them. 
    Totally agree. Not the best, but his commitment has never been in question. He is a proper leader and when he plays we look more organised and not like a few blokes who met 10 mins before the game. 
  • Options
    Although I thought it was slightly harsh at the time, I can understand why he was dropped when Innis was back to fitness (as brief as it was). 

Was a bit miffed he didn’t come straight back in when Innis got injured though.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Although I thought it was slightly harsh at the time, I can understand why he was dropped when Innis was back to fitness (as brief as it was). 

Was a bit miffed he didn’t come straight back in when Innis got injured though.
    Lavelle came in instead. A player who needed games after a long injury layoff and quite likely to be a bedrock of next season's team.
    He was always likely to start instead of old Jase.

• Options
    He is a with me or not type of player.
    That battle with Mitrovic was a right bruising encounter, Pearce said that he loved it and my guess is so did Mitrovic.
  • Options
    With great respect for each other after that game.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    With great respect for each other after that game.
    Yes you are right there was .Good to see.
  • Options
    We've desperately missed his leadership recently. When things are going well it doesn't matter. It when you have a rough spell that leadership matters most. 
  • Options
    Some of you are forgetting Inniss exists. He does everything Pearce does but better. There's a reason Pearce wasn't in the side before but is (and rightly so) now. Of course, if we went to a back four there'd be a case for playing both, injury permitting 
  • Options
    (Actually tbf I do have Pearce down as a better passer of a ball than Inniss but that's a relatively minor concern) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Innis is a colossus and our best centre half, but he is made of glass.
    Having given Aneke another 3 years, I don't really think it is wise to offer another contract to Innis and risk having the pair of them missing for 50% of the time.
    Pearce should be put out to pasture, but his leadership and commitment is so valuable it may pay to keep him on.
    Lavelle I am not sure about yet. Not completely convinced he has made the step up from League 2, but he is young and hasn't had that many games yet.
    Famewo I think is fine for this level if he can maintain some consistency.If we can get better, fine, but I doubt we can.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    He's always better with a bigger mate alongside at the back .. Inniss' time must surely be up, Lavelle is the future alongside Pearce, at least for the foreseeable future .. Famewo ? .. don't really like to say it, he does his best, but I hope we resist the temptation to sign him permanently, IF he's offered to us
  • Options
    Pearce is definitely not the future, and I've not seen Lavelle play as securely and dominantly as Famewo can
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Some of you are forgetting Inniss exists. He does everything Pearce does but better. There's a reason Pearce wasn't in the side before but is (and rightly so) now. Of course, if we went to a back four there'd be a case for playing both, injury permitting 
    problem is of course, Inniss is rarely fit and therefore can't be relied on
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pearce is definitely not the future, and I've not seen Lavelle play as securely and dominantly as Famewo can
    No its frustrating when you realise that Inniss and Pearce have been perhaps our better Defenders this season.

One is crocked, the other cant be relied upon every week, and is nearing retirement.
  • Options
    I'm not Jason Pearce's agent or his Dad but bearing in mind Richard Wood is going to lead Rotherham back into the Champ and he is 2 years older than Pearcey, I'm really not sure why everyone even thinks hes too old to be a key player next year too ( obviously with lots of other central defensive partners ) 
  • Options
    I'm not Jason Pearce's agent or his Dad but bearing in mind Richard Wood is going to lead Rotherham back into the Champ and he is 2 years older than Pearcey, I'm really not sure why everyone even thinks hes too old to be a key player next year too ( obviously with lots of other central defensive partners ) 
    Pace, mistakes, bookings, turning circle of the Titanic. 

But he has the grit, drive and ability for what we need this season at least.