Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 season 1st fixture guess (ed. Blackburn away)

Comments

• Options
    Bit gutted. Not around 2nd weekend so really wanted the opening one at home. Instead we are away at one of the furthest, which I’ve been to 3 times. Ho hum
  • Options
    First six games
  • Options
    Pleased with Blackburn away as I'm off to the Edbgaston for the Test match that day and was worried about missing an attractive fixture!
  • Options
    Our last game is Leeds away.

Didn't see that coming.

Potential for a very big game indeed
  • Options
    All them fecking London teams and we play Bristol City Home (Boxing day) Derby away (29th) Swansea away (NYD)

I'm pretty positive about most things but that's shit. 

I can cope with Derby, but Swansea away on NYD is crazy

Millwall are away to Cardiff on Boxing day and home to Luton on NYD
  • Options
    All them fecking London teams and we play Bristol City Home (Boxing day) Derby away (29th) Swansea away (NYD)

Its because the EFL dont think that as many people will attend those games so have the BIG games like Charlton v Millwall on a Saturday

Its the same with midweek fixtures
  • Options
    Hope the squad is up and running because on the grand scheme of things that’s a fairly soft entry
    To be honest its quite a nice set of fixtures, it'll become more obvious as the season goes on (i.e. could play 1st | 2nd | 3rd in a matter of weeks) but at the moment there isnt a run of games that worry me and make me think that we could go on a bad run like the one that relegated us from the Premier League (of course as you say mate we need to sort the squad out though)

Wont lie, dont really want to go into Leeds on the final day needing a result but Millwall | Reading | Birmingham | Wigan could be huge seeing all were around the relegation zone last season and could be more than just "six pointers"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why dont Charlton | Millwall | Cardiff | Swansea all get together and see if we want to sway?

We'll play Millwall on Boxing Day | Cardiff can play Bristol City | Swansea can play Cardiff
  • Options
    Leeds away last game of the season. Last time we did that in 2004 it was 4-4 & they had been relegated!
  • Options
    We need a decent number of points on the board by the end of August.
  • Options
    Not too tough a start for us in Aug. Should be able to pick up a few points.
  • Options
    Bit gutted. Not around 2nd weekend so really wanted the opening one at home. Instead we are away at one of the furthest, which I’ve been to 3 times. Ho hum
    I'm the opposite, on holiday for the first game, so well pleased with that....sorry mate
  • Options
    Hopefully we can pick up points against Barnsley, Stoke and maybe Reading
  • Options
    Well I'm in shock... TV games for the opening weekend have been announced

Friday: Luton v Middlesbrough
    Saturday: Nottingham Forest v West Brom
    Sunday: Bristol City v Leeds
    Monday: Huddersfield v Derby
  • Options
    Don't think that's a bad start at all. Could of been worse. Leeds away last game to stay up? 
  • Options
    A really tough run from the end of September through to October in which on current odds we play the 3 favourites and no strugglers

• Options
    at least we can get genuinely excited about the fixtures coming out....some cracking games in there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol City, Luton, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday are all midweek aways. 
  • Options
    Last 3 home games... Millwall, Reading and Wigan... win those 3 and stay up! :-)
  • Options

Why dont Charlton | Millwall | Cardiff | Swansea all get together and see if we want to sway?

We'll play Millwall on Boxing Day | Cardiff can play Bristol City | Swansea can play Cardiff
    I doubt Cardiff will be too keen on playing twice though.
  • Options
    If I’m reading this correctly, our midweek fixtures at home are on a Wednesday? 
  • Options
    Surely they must be some form of subtle advantage being at home on both the opening and final fixture? Greater probabilities of getting off to a start and picking up points on the last day if needed?
  • Options

I doubt Cardiff will be too keen on playing twice though.
    Sod 'em!!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    If I’m reading this correctly, our midweek fixtures at home are on a Wednesday? 
    I'm sure in seasons past, the fixtures are announced as Wednesday games but are changed to Tuesdays in most cases.
    There will be more Wednesday games this season though as Sky Sports tend to split the Championship fixtures across the 2 nights.