Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 season 1st fixture guess (ed. Blackburn away)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    _MrDick said:
    If I’m reading this correctly, our midweek fixtures at home are on a Wednesday? 
    Two on a Tuesday (Huddersfield and QPR) | Two on a Wednesday (Nottingham Forest and Swansea)

Same with our away games, half on a Tuesday, half on a Wednesday
  • Options
    Leeds United away is our final match

A great place to celebrate promotion  :D
    Could be on sky.
  • Options
    Last 3 home games... Millwall, Reading and Wigan... win those 3 and stay up! :-)
    include Birmingham away in there too... they'll be down there I bet

Especially if they lose Che Adams and dont get a decent replacement
  • Options
    Leeds at home on Saturday 28th September. Will that be moved to Friday or Sunday for TV?
  • Options
    Train related question:

Do they run on New Year’s Day??  Swansea away?
  • Options
    Nice local trip on New year's day then.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Train related question:

Do they run on New Year’s Day??  Swansea away?

Sunday service but there are bound to be engineering works somewhere along that long journey. For me, at least it's not a night game.
  • Options
    Leeds at home on Saturday 28th September. Will that be moved to Friday or Sunday for TV?
    Almost certainly.

As far as I can tell, usually Leeds are on Sky on a Friday night if the fixture is up north, Sheffield Wednesday for example, but mainly they move it to a Sunday or later on the Saturday.
  • Options
    I'm begging that there will be no home games @ 5:30 on a Saturday - Bloody hated that time for the game against Rochdale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope Mowbray is quoted 'we shouldn't be losing to teams like Charlton at home on the opening day of the season'.
  • Options
    Is there anywhere I can find one picture which shows all our fixtures? Most clubs have something like this below but I don't see one on our official site or Twitter?

I've put all of our fixtures on the page before this :-) 
  • Options
    Every time I've watched us play in the North West we've lost - not confident of this as an opening fixture.
  • Options
    Is there anywhere I can find one picture which shows all our fixtures? Most clubs have something like this below but I don't see one on our official site or Twitter?

Must be a league 1 thing..
  • Options

A couple of big clashes in their first 3 games, away to Ipswich and home to Pompey. Battle of the playoff losers  :)
  • Options
    I assume Charlton aren't subscribing to iFollow again. Not heard anything.

Looks like my first game will be home to Derby. Not a bad one.
  • Options
    Worth adding the sky sports add in to your calendar. My Google calendar is updated already with the new fixtures!

I added the Sky Sports one to my Google Calendar and seems to work fine. Not sure whether this would work with other types of calendars, but if you're using Google Calendar, on your computer:

1. Go to your Google Calendar and click on the plus icon next to "add a friend's calendar"
    2. Choose add by URL
    3. Copy and paste this URL into the text box: webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/charlton-athletic?live=false 
    4. Click "Add calendar"
    5. If you want it to show up on the Google Calendars app on your phone then you may need to go to settings and turn the sync "on"

Edit - it should update automatically when games get rearranged
  • Options
    Bristol City, Luton, Notts Forest and Sheff Wed all away midweek, red button sky sports this season as well as we are championship!
  • Options
    Worth adding the sky sports add in to your calendar. My Google calendar is updated already with the new fixtures!

I added the Sky Sports one to my Google Calendar and seems to work fine. Not sure whether this would work with other types of calendars, but if you're using Google Calendar, on your computer:

1. Go to your Google Calendar and click on the plus icon next to "add a friend's calendar"
    2. Choose add by URL
    3. Copy and paste this URL into the text box: webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/charlton-athletic?live=false 
    4. Click "Add calendar"
    5. If you want it to show up on the Google Calendars app on your phone then you may need to go to settings and turn the sync "on"

Edit - it should update automatically when games get rearranged
    Don’t even have to have the app chaps, I went on this https://www.skysports.com/charlton-athletic-fixtures and clicked add fixtures to calendar, does it in seconds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are our midweek home games Wednesday rather than Tuesday? Only looked at the first few. Is it Sky bollocks?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Why are our midweek home games Wednesday rather than Tuesday? Only looked at the first few. Is it Sky bollocks?
    Yeah all midweek champ games are in sky, half Tuesday half Wednesday 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    SKY have shared it out fairly so you play four games on a Tuesday (2 games home / away) and four games on a Wednesday
  • Options
    I forgot we’d be back to playing Wednesdays. That’ll make a nice change.
  • Options

I've put all of our fixtures on the page before this :-) 
    Thanks. I asked because I wanted to post a picture of full fixtures on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) as it would look nice and clear. A full list would exceed the 140 character limit. I'll have to settle for a screen cap of the list it seems.
  • Options
    Booked up for Barnsley already. Stoke at home should be decent for an opening home match.

November 9th can’t come quick enough. 
  • Options
    Peak District for the New Year holiday then, as per usual!  Well handy.

• Options
    Leeds quite like Bowyer

Could be handy if were still needing points on the final day :wink:
  • Options
    Is there one of those handy mobile size/A4 fixture jpegs knocking about?
  • Options
    I'm begging that there will be no home games @ 5:30 on a Saturday - Bloody hated that time for the game against Rochdale

Sought of follows that teams that kick off at 5:30 are on the telly.

That seldom happens with us not being that much of a draw for the Sky tv people.