Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    Maybe CARD can get some legal advice on refunds! I was tempted to buy but half expected this to happen given Roland is involved.
  • Options
    Joke. 

Saying no new manager will be appointed 
    Anyone who leaves this club doesn't get replaced, senior management, football staff and players.
  • Options
    I hope fans start asking for a refund on any season ticket purchase. 
  • Options
    talkSPORT understands Lee Bowyer wants to stay as Charlton manager and has been left 'bewildered' by the statement from Roland Duchatelet announcing his exit
  • Options
    Jimmy stone tweeted saying comms staff so pissed off they are refusing to tweet the story 

Why do they work for him then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Roland has a heart attack!
    Jimmy stone tweeted saying comms staff so pissed off they are refusing to tweet the story 
    jeez you are right. Not on there
  • Options
    talkSPORT understands Lee Bowyer wants to stay as Charlton manager and has been left 'bewildered' by the statement from Roland Duchatelet announcing his exit
    What on earth is going on
  • Options
    Roland is such a fucking fruitloop he probably just got pissed off at negotiations and just decided to write that crap instead
  • Options
    A grim situation and very deflating

Slightly playing devil's advocate, was Bowyer after too much money? Not good to reveal such details in the statement, but if it's true that means that Bowyer was offered 50% more than Powell had been on for example

Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September. It is six times what he earned when he started as assistant manager in 2017 and 50% more than what any Charlton manager previously had (excluding the Premier League years). 
    That's BS, I bet he was offered less than Curbs, Pardew and maybe even Parkinson got managing us in The Championship.
  • Options
    Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September.
    Does he mean the increase is 3 times the previous increase and not the new amount is 3 times the previous amount? Either way I dont; trust of believe him. I can't believe LB has gone afyer everything he has achieved; for his sake, the players and the club. Let alone us supporters
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    From Twitter:

All very bizarre, the statement did seem to come out of the blue
  • Options
    Unless we’re sold soon we really are fucked... so we’re fucked...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland has to have some form of mental illness.
  • Options
    sm said:
    sm said:
    sm said:
    Surely RD has disclosed sensitive private information and the Information Commissioner should step in.

And if the law has been breached RD fails the fit and proper test and the Football League should remove him.
    Football League - and fit and proper test......

I’ll leave that one right there.....

The difference is that RD may actually have broken the law this time. 
    really?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    1905 said:
    The Charlton FB pages still have a substantial number of yellow tooth apologists, but surely this will wake them up???? 
    Most of them will be unable to read the statement due to inherent illiteracy so it might take a while for the message to sink in. 
    Then there is the other lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Maybe Bowyer didn’t want to stay.
    If that were the case, I pretty sure he wouldn’t have said he wanted to stay.....on a number of occasions. 
  • Options
    An NDA is only applicable if an employee comes to an agreement with an employer to leave and is usually paid a sum of money to leave. In LB's case his contract will expire and he will be a free agent to say what he likes unless there was a clause in his contract to stop that.
    Surely an NDA is applicable for as long as the terms stipulate?

i.e. If there is a Clause that says that Bowyer can never talk about what happens during his time at Charlton regardless of how he departs the club then his hands are legally tied?
  • Options
    What? Don't get peoples hope up again please mate.
  • Options
    Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September.
    Does he mean the increase is 3 times the previous increase and not the new amount is 3 times the previous amount? Either way I dont; trust of believe him. I can't believe LB has gone afyer everything he has achieved; for his sake, the players and the club. Let alone us supporters
    I read it as 3 times the previous amount. Something doesn't add up as if that's true, as that sounds like a reasonable reward. Bowyer's response will be interesting.
  • Options
    Still says they won't look for a new manager as the club will be sold in a few weeks. Perhaps he will get a better deal under the new owners. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!