Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Options
    Bow.
    In his statement Roland alluded to you possibly colluding with an agent, presumably to milk Roland in some way. He even doubles down on it with a Judas Kiss of a phrase 'obviously Lee is above such things'.
    Don't be in thrall to this guy, it is what he expects of everybody he considers to be his underlings.
    Nobody in the football universe will blame you for either maintaining a dignified silence as a plan 'A', or for telling Duchatelet to stick it up his bollocks as a plan 'B'.
  • Options
    Is it worth calling 101 on behalf of Roland? He’s got some serious issues mentally. Actually getting concerned for him now. I’ve seen his sort on 999 What’s Your Emergency. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Roland has to have some form of mental illness.
    Let’s hope he doesn’t suffer too long from it.
  • Options
    He's just admitted that he's got no intention of hiring a permanent manager, all because he's going to sell the club, which he's been unable to do for the past two years. Surely if there's a point the EFL have to start to seriously get involved it's now. Assuming Roland continues to be a total psychopath, which this episode proves he will, we could spend a whole season with a caretaker because he can't be arsed to get an actual manager in. It's a total shambles, and they're just going to let it keep happening because they don't give a shit
  • Options
    Once again, events that just beggar belief. 
  • Options
    So no chief executive, no management, 12 players. Is that not against the EFL rules? Does he not have a duty to employ Key Staff? 
  • Options
    Why were we all surprised???? this man holds a grudge and this is spite pure and simple. We should have guessed after one of the best weeks in all Charlton fans lives culminating in Wembley that this would be his end game. Not sure what to do now... Was about to buy a season ticket for the first time in 3 years! Its got to be a very low point if not the lowest for all I us. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could the players strike over something like this? They are unionised after all. Or would it not meet the criteria for a grievance that could lead to a legal strike?
  • Options
    From the sublime Wembley experience to the ridiculous Monday statement.

Omnishambles.

Ok you big hitters on CL, Do you still think its100% about money ?

Not about getting back at fans for Meire leaving, Wilder not coming, graffiti at his office or home, demonstrating on his own doorstep. The demonstrations then went Global etc. I took part in most of the demos at the ground but I was under no illusion that there would be quid pro quo.

Of Course Duchatelet cares about money but rich people hate to be humiliated and he has now jeopardised the Sale of Charlton which was floundering any way because of his inane envy of a popular person.

Announcing the financial dealings has burnt the bridges with Lee. 

Such a sad day.

• Options
    So no chief executive, no management, 12 players. Is that not against the EFL rules? Does he not have a duty to employ Key Staff? 
    You mean an EFL who just tell a club to play their U18s if there arent enough Senior players for whatever reason (i.e. strikes)
  • Options
    An NDA is only applicable if an employee comes to an agreement with an employer to leave and is usually paid a sum of money to leave. In LB's case his contract will expire and he will be a free agent to say what he likes unless there was a clause in his contract to stop that.
    Surely an NDA is applicable for as long as the terms stipulate?

i.e. If there is a Clause that says that Bowyer can never talk about what happens during his time at Charlton regardless of how he departs the club then his hands are legally tied?
    agree, what I was trying to say was that if there is an NDA in his current contract then he is gagged, but often an NDA is only agreed when someone is paid to leave their job, and this is not the case whereas with SCP I guess his contract was paid off and an NDA included - just guessing.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Maybe CARD can get some legal advice on refunds! I was tempted to buy but half expected this to happen given Roland is involved.
    CARD gave some pretty sound advice before, the gist of which was “wait and see what happens with Bowyer and player moves before parting with your hard-earned”. 

My view is that is not for CARD now to expend time and money looking for a legal way out. But I really hope that a lot of people find a way to do that. 
    I was only suggesting as if people are shown a path it will hurt Duchatelet in his pocket. That is if there is a possibility of a path!
  • Options
    How long before Taylor etc walk now too
    Done deal.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Well theres surely no way Bowyer will be staying after that statement on the OS
  • Options
    That's that, then. The guy is a total lunatic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    EFL will do fuck all, about anything. 
    And never will. Our salvation definitely will not appear from that direction. 
  • Options
    This is a real kick in the teeth, but seeing as we are talking about RD and how he "runs" the club nothing surprises me now. I only hope it means that the club is finally close to being sold but i will only believe it when it happens. 
  • Options
    Out all day until now so , as usual, late to the party....sorry, funeral.

Have read a couple of pages of angry, disbelieving posts which totally echo my initial thoughts.

Reading out the statement to Mr F nearly had me in tears & I'm sure I'm not alone...

Only one semi positive thought to put on here which others have probably already shared.

IF we are bought before 30th June , and Bow hasn't accepted an offer elsewhere, then I'm 100% certain that the new owner would offer our main man a very good contract - one which Bow would accept with alacrity as long as the budget that accompanied it was decent. 

However, I'll probably look at accompanying threads stating that talks with Mehmet have broken down too....

What a clusterfeck !
  • Options
    Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September.
    Does he mean the increase is 3 times the previous increase and not the new amount is 3 times the previous amount? Either way I dont; trust of believe him. I can't believe LB has gone afyer everything he has achieved; for his sake, the players and the club. Let alone us supporters
    I read it as 3 times the previous amount. Something doesn't add up as if that's true, as that sounds like a reasonable reward. Bowyer's response will be interesting.
    The previous amount was very low. Three times that would have him amongst the lowest paid in the league. What he was asking for is half of what the top teams pay apparently. 
  • Options
    How long before Taylor etc walk now too
    Done deal.
    What does that mean?
  • Options
    Every word of the statement stinks. Unbelievable that he can even begin to suggest at any potential impropriety or conflict of interest. That disgusting and that’s putting it mildly.
    Meanwhile the “ guardians “ of the game are no doubt sunning themselves on a beach somewhere.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Maybe, just maybe, the fall out from this particular fur lined, ocean going fuck up, could be the actual thing to make RD do one. Reading the statement again, I reckon whoever wrote that statement could be up for defamation?
  • Options
    What Lee needs to do is invite The Helmet for a few days fishing at his lakes and then upon his arrival take him out on a boat and throw the dirty bastard in!!!!
  • Options
    I have a season ticket but won’t be going. What’s the point? I hope anyone signed up for Valley pass will cancel immediately.
  • Options
    Was up in London this afternoon watching this all unfold on social media. I'm a grown man of 60 years and all I wanted to do on the train coming home was bawl my eyes out ... 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!