Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Dortmund wont be happy today.

Sitting 3rd level with Inter.

Dortmund think as long as we beat Slavia Prague we should finish 2nd as Inter have a tough game against Barcelona.

Bacelona leave Messi, Pique, Roberto, Dembele and Arthur at home
  • Options
    Liverpool 0-0 at HT in Austria

A win for Salzburg (with the exception of 5-4 or 6-5 etc) sends the European Champions into the Europa League
  • Options
    Dortmund wont be happy today.

Sitting 3rd level with Inter.

Dortmund think as long as we beat Slavia Prague we should finish 2nd as Inter have a tough game against Barcelona.

Bacelona leave Messi, Pique, Roberto, Dembele and Arthur at home
    They'll be pretty happy today though.
  • Options
    3 out of 4 Italian teams through to the last 16.
    the only one to fail are the team top of Serie A
  • Options
    Trippier just had a penalty saved for Atleti vs Lok. Moscow
    it wasn’t a bad penalty at all, good save, keeper got his hand up quick
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Munich v Spurs tonight

Both teams currently 7th in their respective leagues
  • Options
    The last 16 of the Champions League will feature 16 teams from Europe’s top 5 leagues.

No representation from the likes of Netherlands, Russia, Portugal, Ukraine etc

the European Super League is here and they didn’t even need to vote for it
  • Options
    The last 16 of the Champions League will feature 16 teams from Europe’s top 5 leagues.

Did Ajax not qualify then?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Missed out to Chelsea and Valencia
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Oh man.  I didnt realise Valencia had gone through!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah they both got 11-pts; Ajax got 10-pts

Ajax lost 1-0 to Valencia last night, draw would of course seen them through
  • Options
    As it stands, Spurs are being given anither proper schooling by Bryan Munchen.  Such a joy to watch, they make the game look so easy.

As for Eriksen, seen more life in a morgue.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Anyone see Coman’s knee for Bayern. Absolutely no idea how he didn’t snap his ACL.
  • Options
    Anyone see Coman’s knee for Bayern. Absolutely no idea how he didn’t snap his ACL.
    he must have snapped his ACL fhe way his leg buckled underneath him.  If he hasnt then I'll be surprised.  Real shame for him, he had Walker-Peters on toast first half.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah they both got 11-pts; Ajax got 10-pts

Ajax lost 1-0 to Valencia last night, draw would of course seen them through
    Ajax go out with 10 points.
    Atalanta go through with 7 points!

Atalanta also had just the 1 point after 4 games, and go through despite a GD of -4
  • Options
    Desperately unlucky as there was no one else near him. Shame really as he's had quite a few injuries already in his career
  • Options
    Bayern became the first German team to win 6 out of 6 in the group stages last night

also this seasons Champions League group stage had more combined goals (307) than any other year. Beating last years 306 goals. Previous record of 292 dated back 18 years 
  • Options
    City can get Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Dortmund or Lyon.

Liverpool can get Real, Atletico, Atalanta, Dortmund or Lyon.

Spurs can get PSG, Juve, Barca, RB Leipzig or Valencia.

Chelsea can get PSG, Bayern, Juve, Barca or RB Leipzig.

City and Liverpool will both want to avoid Real. Spurs will be hoping for Valencia and Chelsea hoping for Leipzig.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Did I really hear the Can Can being played as goal music at Bayern Munich?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Did I really hear the Can Can being played as goal music at Bayern Munich?
    Yes, yes you did lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Milan banned, Inter knocked out...but San Siro still gets to host a Champion League knockout game for the first time in 6 years thanks to Atalanta.
  • Options
    Why's that? Atalanta's ground not big/good enough?

• Options

Seen today that Liverpool have apparently agreed a deal to sign Red Bull Salzburg winger Takumi Minamino in January.

He was very impressive in both of their games v Liverpool and has a ridiculously low release clause of £7.25m. More shrewd transfer business from Klopp.

• Options
    iaitch said:

Atalantas ground has been undergoing an upgrade/redevelopment to make it UEFA compliant for the Champions League but wasn't ready for the start of the season. All group games were played at San Siro, as they made it to the last 16 the knockout games will be there too.
  • Options

Seen today that Liverpool have apparently agreed a deal to sign Red Bull Salzburg winger Takumi Minamino in January.

He was very impressive in both of their games v Liverpool and has a ridiculously low release clause of £7.25m. More shrewd transfer business from Klopp.

Haaland will be off in January too.
    Been to visit both RB Leipzig and Dortmund but I doubt they will be the only 2 clubs interested.

I actually think a move to Leipzig would be good for him.
    Timo Werner is a target for many clubs in January (Chelsea seem keen), so Haaland could slot straight in up front there. Also I think it would be a good stepping stone rather than jumping straight to a big club and not getting game time. Leipzig are still in the Champions League and will have ambitions to win the league too. All the while they are not one of Europeans elite and the pressure the goes with that for a new first team striker.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Atalantas ground has been undergoing an upgrade/redevelopment to make it UEFA compliant for the Champions League but wasn't ready for the start of the season. All group games were played at San Siro, as they made it to the last 16 the knockout games will be there too.
    Thanks, I don't follow the Champions League too closely.
  • Options

Thats a cracking signing that, especially at that bargain price by today's standards.
    Will further add to their appeal in the Asian markets in the process.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    As it stands, Spurs are being given anither proper schooling by Bryan Munchen.  Such a joy to watch, they make the game look so easy.

As for Eriksen, seen more life in a morgue.

I reckon that Jose could be the first manager to win the thing with three different clubs .. I typed COULD, just a thought .. Spurs around 25/1 .. 1/2 the odds to finish runners up again
  • Options
    Loving that Round of 16 draw :)

Napoli v Barcelona
    TOTTENHAM v RB Leipzig
    Lyon v Juventus
    CHELSEA v Bayern Munich
    Atletico Madrid v LIVERPOOL
    Atalanta v Valencia
    Real Madrid v MANCHESTER CITY
    Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint-Germain
  • Options
    Fucking same old shit , jammy keyunts spurs and Liverpool get byes and one of em is bound to get another bye against Atlanta or Valencia in the next round 
    sick of it