Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    He was actually asked his opinion on the Barca deal of buying a player outside the window and if the Premier League should have a similar rule
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    What if Jose comments about Peter Crouch weren't a joke after all
    Honestly, would have 3 Meter Peter back on a 6 month contract to the end of the season.  Thats how bad we was last night.
  • Options
    adsads
    edited February 2020
    JohnBoyUK said:
    What if Jose comments about Peter Crouch weren't a joke after all
    Honestly, would have 3 Meter Peter back on a 6 month contract to the end of the season.  Thats how bad we was last night.
    Joe Ledley's free
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs are absolutely fucked tho. Not the most creative side anyway but minus Son and Kane, they’re in all types of shit.
    No Kane, No Son and sold Eriksen. Luckily many other sides in the premier league are poor or they'd have no hope of top 4.
    As I've said many times in the last 12 months, I would rather played with 10 men than pick Eriksen at times.

Gio Lo Celso has showed more in half a dozen games than Eriksen did in his last 12 months.

But yes, without Kane and Son, we're proper fucked.  No one elses fault but Levy.  How he has let Spurs end up with zero cover up front is beyond me. It was bad enough we had to rely on Llorente at times last couple of seasons yet the BS of 'oh no one wants to come and play second fiddle to Kane' cobblers gets repeated ad nauseum.  Diabolical.

Even said all that, how bloody good were Leipzig?  probably should have been 3 or 4 up by HT.
    Remember that Leipzig are a bit like the MK Dons of Germany, only a few years old and backed by the billions of the Red Bull organisation .. I retract, the MK Dons + Man City ((:>) loadsa money .. the future could be bright for Spurs .. Bergwijn, LoCelso, Tanganga, all new and promising, Aurier and Lucas Moira always give their all .. next year with Son, Kane and Co back, Spurs could be the real deal ((:>) 
  • Options
    Napoli v Barca
    Messi playing at the home of Maradona for the first time in his career 
  • Options
    1-0 Napoli
    Mertens ties with Hamsik as the all time top scorer for the club
  • Options
    Alphonso Davies has basically made a mockery of Chelsea 
  • Options
    English teams doing well this season
  • Options
    Aguero, Sterling and Fernandinho on bench for City at Real Madrid 

hope Pep knows what he is doing ! 
  • Options
    Odds on few goals have shortened ait since this morning. 0-0 now 10/1 from 14.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Gabriel Jesus is playing left midfield but has spent most of his time at left back so far. KDB up front. Strange.
  • Options
    Gabriel Jesus is honestly one of the most bang average finishers around. City will need someone better when Aguero finally leaves.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Gabriel Jesus is honestly one of the most bang average finishers around. City will need someone better when Aguero finally leaves.
    62 goals in 135 games is far from bang average when u consider he hardly ever plays 90 minutes and is 2nd to Aguero.

Think he would step up with Aguero not there
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    62 goals in 135 games is far from bang average when u consider he hardly ever plays 90 minutes and is 2nd to Aguero.

Think he would step up with Aguero not there
    Would love to see his chance conversion rate. Misses far too many big chances to be considered that Aguero replacement.

He’s had quite a lot of game time this season too considering Aguero is still there, hasn’t really looked like the replacement they need.
  • Options
    Benjamin Mandy has been an absolute liability so far.
    every time City put a few passes together and it goes to him his first touch is so poor it gives Madrid the ball back. De Bruyne gone mad at him a couple of times now.
  • Options
    First 15 minutes of the 2nd half has been all City.....1-0 Madrid
  • Options
    26th red card of Ramos career 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

he does, apparently.
  • Options
    Alison is injured and will miss the 2nd leg so Liverpool will have Adrian in goal, Adrian always has a mistake in him, think Atletico will score at least one which means Liverpool would need 3 to qualify
  • Options
    Alison is injured and will miss the 2nd leg so Liverpool will have Adrian in goal, Adrian always has a mistake in him, think Atletico will score at least one which means Liverpool would need 3 to qualify

Does he? never really thought he was prone to mistakes, no more than pickford/de Gea, bit harsh that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does he? never really thought he was prone to mistakes, no more than pickford/de Gea, bit harsh that.
    Of the top of my head

Southampton
    Brighton
    Chelsea

This season alone

He isnt Karius where an error happens almost every game, but always feels to me one of those keepers where an error could happen and I would never feel safe with him in goal
  • Options
    Just my opinion anyway
  • Options
    Simeone isn't exactly renowned for his attacking football so he'll probably play for a draw. Atletico have won just 4 of 17 away games in all competitions this season.
  • Options
    All Italian games suspended until April 3rd so no idea what is gonna happen to Champions League Games
  • Options
    Oh Spurs!
  • Options
    Aurier really is one of the worst full backs I have ever seen in the Premier League.
  • Options
    All Italian games suspended until April 3rd so no idea what is gonna happen to Champions League Games
    Saw one mental guy say they should fly all the squads out of Italy, place the teams in quarantine for 2 weeks then play the rest of the season in a less affected, neutral area and just televise it all
  • Options
    Eerie in Valencia with no spectators .. a preview of what would happen IF, as a lot on here opine, it ever came about that spectators were not needed as tv and sponsorship money would be enough to sustain top class football
  • Options
    I think from watching games with no supporters this past week has shown how important full stadiums are. Regardless of the quality of football, it looks, sounds and feels rubbish without the fans.

I think empty stadiums would actually create a worse tv product on a consistent basis. And hopefully the clubs will see and never forget that
  • Options
    Aurier really is one of the worst full backs I have ever seen in the Premier League.
    From a defensive, tracking back point of view, I agree but have you seen how many assists he's got under Jose.

Well, no surprise with the result.  Well impressed with Leipzig.  Head and shoulders the better side in both legs.  Will be our last CL game for a while.  You guys will be in the CL before we're back in it!