Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    They’ll only have Haaland for a season or two max, but I suspect Dortmund fans are going to make him a club legend. The kid looks very very special
  • Options
    72% possession, zero shots on target. Not great from Liverpool, but credit to Madrid and Simeone. 
  • Options
    Haaland is surely going to get to the stage where he's gonna run out of steam and go on a bad run where he doesnt score.

No way he can keep this up?
  • Options
    Haaland is a monster. Don't remember being this excited about a striker since Mbappe.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    Made a great decision going to Dortmund. The fans will adore him without being ridiculous pressure on. He will get plenty of game time and will score goals in the Bundesliga. Then he will have his pick in a couple of years time. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Should've watched Pompey anyways.

Back at Wembley!

• Options
    edited February 2020

Back at Wembley!

I could be wrong, but I dont think any team has ever won this 2 years in a row under any of its names, could Portsmouth be the first to do so?
  • Options
    Anyway back to Champions League

Which game to watch tomorrow night

Atlanta v Valencia feels very dull lol so think its gotta be Spurs V Leipzig
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Seen so many Liverpool fans on twitter tonight moaning about the ref, saying Atletico fluked the goal then just sat back for the rest of the game.

God they really cant lose can they lol, always gotta be some excuse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some impressive stats from Simeone's Atletico.

13 home CL knockout ties under his management. Conceded just 2 goals.
    Unbeaten in home knockout ties.
    Only ever lost a knockout tie to a side featuring Ronaldo.
  • Options
    How many goals have they scored in those 13 games? 
  • Options

Back at Wembley!

FFS!!... Bit like the Swansea second half on Friday, I didnt bother watching this as thought it would a rubbish game
  • Options
    The ref didn't cost Liverpool the game but he was rubbish. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    How many goals have they scored in those 13 games? 
    15 i think
  • Options
    They're not prolific, plenty of 1-0 to the Atletico.
  • Options
    I know most people will be sitting in front of Spurs/Leipzig tonight but personally I can't wait for the Atalanta game, outside SE7 they are my favourite team to watch.

Incredible going forward, they've scored more than any other team in Serie A, a considerable amount more too.
    Papu Gomez is a magician, Ilicic likewise, Zapata back from injury and scoring again. All led by a brilliant manager in Gasperini.

Everyone wrote them off in the group stages after losing their first 3 and having just 1 point from 4 games.
    Just being in the Champions League was always seen as a bonus to them, no expectations, now they find themselves with a winnable last 16 tie.

A shame they can't play in Bergamo and instead are 'home' at the San Siro in Milan once again but the fans have still been fantastic.

Perhaps football fans who are less interested in Italian football may think this is a one off CL adventure for Atalanta, and many in Italy thought that too, but they aren't going away anytime soon. 4th at the moment (6 points clear of Roma in 5th) and hopefully looking on course for another Champions League campaign next season.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    They're not prolific, plenty of 1-0 to the Atletico.
    Most boring side in Europe. In 24 la liga games, they've scored 25 and conceded 17. 

In 12 home games, they've scored 15 and conceded 6.
    And 6 of those 15 goals scored came in 2 games!

There's no doubting Simeone has done wonders there, but the football is often painful to watch.
  • Options
    I know most people will be sitting in front of Spurs/Leipzig tonight but personally I can't wait for the Atalanta game, outside SE7 they are my favourite team to watch.

Incredible going forward, they've scored more than any other team in Serie A, a considerable amount more too.
    Papu Gomez is a magician, Ilicic likewise, Zapata back from injury and scoring again. All led by a brilliant manager in Gasperini.

Everyone wrote them off in the group stages after losing their first 3 and having just 1 point from 4 games.
    Just being in the Champions League was always seen as a bonus to them, no expectations, now they find themselves with a winnable last 16 tie.

A shame they can't play in Bergamo and instead are 'home' at the San Siro in Milan once again but the fans have still been fantastic.

Perhaps football fans who are less interested in Italian football may think this is a one off CL adventure for Atalanta, and many in Italy thought that too, but they aren't going away anytime soon. 4th at the moment (6 points clear of Roma in 5th) and hopefully looking on course for another Champions League campaign next season.
    I am trying to decide which one to watch. The general rule is whichever one I choose is the wrong one. 
  • Options
    pity that tonight's games clash with the rescheduled Citteeee/Wham ! game .. I reckon Sky influenced the replay date to mess with BT's Euro coverage ratings ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atletico turned the clock back 10 years v Liverpool and played a straight 4 4 2 .. Atletico has a hard defence to break down anyway, but the 2 dead straight lines in the last third befuddled the scousers who could find no way through with the quick, intricate passing that usually sees them victorious.
  • Options
    pity that tonight's games clash with the rescheduled Citteeee/Wham ! game .. I reckon Sky influenced the replay date to mess with BT's Euro coverage ratings ((:>)
    Possibly but given the choice you are probably going to watch the Champions League unless you are a City or West Ham fan. For starters, I will stick my neck out and go for an easy City win!
  • Options

Great call mate. Forza Serie A.
  • Options
    Thought Leipzig were excellent tonight.  A really good side 
  • Options
    Spurs are absolutely fucked tho. Not the most creative side anyway but minus Son and Kane, they’re in all types of shit.
  • Options
    Spurs are absolutely fucked tho. Not the most creative side anyway but minus Son and Kane, they’re in all types of shit.
    No Kane, No Son and sold Eriksen. Luckily many other sides in the premier league are poor or they'd have no hope of top 4.
  • Options
    No Kane, No Son and sold Eriksen. Luckily many other sides in the premier league are poor or they'd have no hope of top 4.
    As I've said many times in the last 12 months, I would rather played with 10 men than pick Eriksen at times.

Gio Lo Celso has showed more in half a dozen games than Eriksen did in his last 12 months.

But yes, without Kane and Son, we're proper fucked.  No one elses fault but Levy.  How he has let Spurs end up with zero cover up front is beyond me. It was bad enough we had to rely on Llorente at times last couple of seasons yet the BS of 'oh no one wants to come and play second fiddle to Kane' cobblers gets repeated ad nauseum.  Diabolical.

Even said all that, how bloody good were Leipzig?  probably should have been 3 or 4 up by HT.
  • Options
    What if Jose comments about Peter Crouch weren't a joke after all
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    What did he say?
  • Options
    What did he say?
    Just a throw away comment in the press conference that he needs a striker outside the transfer window and he suggested Crouch.
    But what if.....