Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Not as good as Bauer but he did pretty well 
    Would have been a solid rotation option for Bauer. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Bowyer didn't really rotate the centre backs this season.
    He kept to his regular pairing, except for injury and suspension.

As borne out by Lockyer playing every minute of 43 games, bar the 3 he missed due to suspension.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Bowyer didn't really rotate the centre backs this season.
    He kept to his regular pairing, except for injury and suspension.

As borne out by Lockyer playing every minute of 43 games, bar the 3 he missed due to suspension.
    Yeah that and us not having another right sided centre back. 
  • Options

I've played call of duty with him a couple of times, and he always replies to my messages on instagram.

I sent him one the other day asking him about the contract offer and if there is a chance of him staying, he didn't reply to that one... didn't even open it.

Make of that what you will.

Whats his defensive side of the game like? ;)
  • Options
    With all the talk of which players are, or could be, leaving, I only care about one thing. The club will sort itself out by the beginning of next season, Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen are still here. I rely on them to get players in to replace ones going out
  • Options
    I'm sure they are planning as we speak. They know the division and how to get out of it. Hopefully external factors won't hinder them too much.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Tom Lockyer has taken up the option which allows him to become a free agent.
    But he is effectively serving his notice period for the next month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this the positive news then? ;-)

Cant say I blame him.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Leaving in the right way. 
  • Options
    So he’s putting it out there that he’s available on a free and might come back if there’s no offer on the table. 

Don’t blame him and I’d be shocked if a Championship club aren’t able to offer him 5-6k a week. 
  • Options
    Decent League One defender who would probably do a job as a 3rd CB at a smaller Championship club.  Whether, during Covid times that means he would earn more than he is on with us who knows but probably.  Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I think Lockyer would have been better at RB, he always drifted there anyway!
  • Options
    Can’t really see how he was rated so highly by some of our fans. Think some of you had ‘international player’ blinkers on.

He started the season well, but Lockyer was by far our biggest weakness after lockdown and was largely mistake prone and cost us goals.

He would have been an asset in League One, but he’s not a Championship defender by any means. You can’t blame him for going though - like any of our players in our current uncertain situation. Good luck to him.
    The defence wasn't really the problem post lockdown. It was the lack of goals at the other end that cost us.

Stick him in a team with better players and I think he's comfortably championship level.
  • Options
    Can’t really see how he was rated so highly by some of our fans. Think some of you had ‘international player’ blinkers on.

He started the season well, but Lockyer was by far our biggest weakness after lockdown and was largely mistake prone and cost us goals.

He would have been an asset in League One, but he’s not a Championship defender by any means. You can’t blame him for going though - like any of our players in our current uncertain situation. Good luck to him.
    The defence wasn't really the problem post lockdown. It was the lack of goals at the other end that cost us.

Stick him in a team with better players and I think he's comfortably championship level.
    I like what you're saying but if we hadn't conceded post lockdown we wouldn't have been relegated. Just saying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he’s putting it out there that he’s available on a free and might come back if there’s no offer on the table. 

Don’t blame him and I’d be shocked if a Championship club aren’t able to offer him 5-6k a week. 
    I assume that if he did come back, he'd earn another signing on fee too
  • Options
    Watch him run back with tail between his legs when he finds it hard to get a decent enough contract in the current climate. Dont want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Watch him run back with tail between his legs when he finds it hard to get a decent enough contract in the current climate. Dont want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.
    Well I’m glad we’re in such a privileged position as a club right now to pick and choose our players who do want to play for us. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't presume that this means he's going. Not a good time to be a free agent at the moment, hence Williams was happy to sign up for another year.

He's given us a months' notice, which effectively gives him a month to find a better proposition than Charlton, or he can sign up with us again. Can't imagine he'd get a shedload more money anywhere else, he's upper end League 1/Lower end Championship, and nobody's gonna be splashing the cash at the moment, particularly in League 1 with the salary cap.

I'm sure the players are aware of the circus going on with our ownership - if I was Lockyer with a month to go until the new season starts, I wouldn't want to commit to a year of playing in a team that's likely to be full of youth teamers and not able to fill the subs bench. But I wouldn't want burn my bridges either, in case the situation changes for the better in the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    jakecafc said:
    Well I’m glad we’re in such a privileged position as a club right now to pick and choose our players who do want to play for us. 
    That's why hes doing it. He knows our situation and its bollocks 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    I wouldn't presume that this means he's going. Not a good time to be a free agent at the moment, hence Williams was happy to sign up for another year.

He's given us a months' notice, which effectively gives him a month to find a better proposition than Charlton, or he can sign up with us again. Can't imagine he'd get a shedload more money anywhere else, he's upper end League 1/Lower end Championship, and nobody's gonna be splashing the cash at the moment, particularly in League 1 with the salary cap.

I'm sure the players are aware of the circus going on with our ownership - if I was Lockyer with a month to go until the new season starts, I wouldn't want to commit to a year of playing in a team that's likely to be full of youth teamers and not able to fill the subs bench. But I wouldn't want burn my bridges either, in case the situation changes for the better in the next couple of weeks.
    Which is why it's perfect for someone like Lockyer. A mid table Championship club or even someone like Luton and Barnsley are likely to be interested. I doubt anybody was going to buy him but can't imagine there's many other affordable alternatives to Lockyer. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

He'll certainly benefit from a signing on fee.  I should imagine that would trouser him 100k at least.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Which is why it's perfect for someone like Lockyer. A mid table Championship club or even someone like Luton and Barnsley are likely to be interested. I doubt anybody was going to buy him but can't imagine there's many other affordable alternatives to Lockyer. 
    Not sure about that. Wages will be driven down across the board. I'm sure the same clubs that were looking at Lyle Taylor in January will still be keen to sign him, but it'll now be £15k a week or whatever, rather than the £20k a week his agent told him he was on for pre-pandemic.

I don't agree that a mid-table Championship club will now be looking to sign a lower calibre of player to save money, they'll just be offering the same targets less than they previously would have done.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:

Not sure about that. Wages will be driven down across the board. I'm sure the same clubs that were looking at Lyle Taylor in January will still be keen to sign him, but it'll now be £15k a week or whatever, rather than the £20k a week his agent told him he was on for pre-pandemic.

I don't agree that a mid-table Championship club will now be looking to sign a lower calibre of player to save money, they'll just be offering the same targets less than they previously would have done.
    Not if those targets are also costing a transfer fee. There is undoutedbly a risk at being a free agent in this market, although I also think it's potentially a good position to be in. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Or he can simply withdraw his notice if its an option, he's still got a year remaining on his Contract