Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Always gave his best for us, definitely grew in ability whilst here and put his body on line many times. Can't ask for more than that from him. Am sure a championship club will take him on, just hope he can get the same sort of game time he got with us.

Really needs to work on his temper though. Seem to remember him saying he got frustrated this season as being captain at Bristol Rovers he had authority to speak to referees, and got annoyed when they blanked him at Charlton. We lost him for 2 pretty crucial games because of the sully bookings he kept getting, especially at Wednesday away.

All the best Tom.
  • Options
    He's was the main stay in a mediocre Bristol team, and played in nearly every game to a Charlton team that were relegated because they weren't much cop. There's players out there that would be bitting your hand off to play ....
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Will be offered a new contract before end of this week according to Cawley

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-set-to-offer-new-contract-to-tom-lockyer/

• Options
    Rise of £6.59 then when he turns it down the owners can say ‘we tried’?
  • Options
    Fair enough... if Lockyer stays then would really appreciate it and give us hope for next season for sure

Wont begrudge him or anyone if they take the opportunity to leave
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    As Cawley has said on twitter - We're able to offer these guys new deals because the likes of Matthews and other loanees have gone

So what we were paying them can go on the Contract offers of Lockyer and JFC so wont be surprised to see Naby Sarr being offered next

I imagine if we got Naby's Contract down (as cant see him being on the same terms) then that could go quite a way
  • Options
    As Cawley has said on twitter - We're able to offer these guys new deals because the likes of Matthews and other loanees have gone

So what we were paying them can go on the Contract offers of Lockyer and JFC so wont be surprised to see Naby Sarr being offered next

I imagine if we got Naby's Contract down (as cant see him being on the same terms) then that could go quite a way
    We have no income, are likely to be kicked out of the league and our ownership appears unknown and unwealthy. Regardless of who has left the club how on earth can we afford to offer anyone a new deal? And who in their right mind would accept? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They key thing for me is not that we've offered a contract, but who exactly is offering it and under whose authorisation?

I guess it's the same people who offered the contracts that Davison and Morgan signed the other week?

Who that is, I don't know.

• Options
    They key thing for me is not that we've offered a contract, but who exactly is offering it and under whose authorisation?
    Regardless of who owns the club, I believe Steve Gallen has the authority to sign/renegotiate contracts with players as DoF doesn't he?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    se9addick said:

We have no income, are likely to be kicked out of the league and our ownership appears unknown and unwealthy. Regardless of who has left the club how on earth can we afford to offer anyone a new deal? And who in their right mind would accept? 
    From the player's perspective - IF the money is acceptable to you then I don't know why you wouldn't sign it? It provides a level of financial security.

After all - in our situation, a player will be aware that if a decent offer comes in for them, the club will likely accept regardless of whether they have just signed a new contract.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Regardless of who owns the club, I believe Steve Gallen has the authority to sign/renegotiate contracts with players as DoF doesn't he?
    Yeah Cawley has confirmed that Gallen is the one using the pigeon feed
  • Options
    We may offer him a new contract but no way will he sign it lol.

As se9 said it will be one of those were they csn publicly say they offferee it to him and he turned it down to make them look good.

But really its most likely a wage decrease or worst case the same wage he is on now, when he could get more at a championship team.

So I am still 99.9% sure he is gonna be gone
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I dont understand how hes being offered a deal while we are under embargo... he cant get and improved offer, just the same as last season. Is that correct ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I dont understand how hes being offered a deal while we are under embargo... he cant get and improved offer, just the same as last season. Is that correct ? 
    I understand we are being kept on a certain level of spending. So as with bringing in loans in Jan, we kept to the level as we lost Leko, Gallagher etc.

So now a few others have left, ie Matthews, we can use that free’d up budget.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Not really, the total wage bill cannot increase, but an individual player's wage can do so. So because the likes of Lyle, Solly, and Page (at least) are off, then it frees up money to pay others.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Yes he can... See it this way in the most basic of terms:

Lockyer got £20... Matthews got £10... With Matthews now gone we can offer Lockyer: £30
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I think that there was an agreed budget set by Roland with the EFL. As long as we remain in that budget it's ok. Issue comes if you offer more to say Lockyer and JFC and when you later come to sign other players or loanees the budget will be stretched.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Lockyer got £20... Matthews got £10... With Matthews now gone we can offer Lockyer: £30
    This.
  • Options

I see a fan asked Cawley about Naby. Sadly, Cawley reckons he will go.
  • Options

I see a fan asked Cawley about Naby. Sadly, Cawley reckons he will go.
    Cheers, I'd asked Rich myself about Naby but hadnt heard back - Guess he didnt want to repeat himself
  • Options
    shine166 said:

You reckon that some players are on a wage as high as £10 and £20, no wonder we are broke  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    shine166 said:

You reckon that some players are on a wage as high as £10 and £20, no wonder we are broke  :)
    Was waiting for that one  :D
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    shine166 said:

Was waiting for that one  :D
    Hate to disappoint you  :)
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Not really, the total wage bill cannot increase, but an individual player's wage can do so. So because the likes of Lyle, Solly, and Page (at least) are off, then it frees up money to pay others.
    Or nice bread and bitches.
  • Options
    Gallen? I’m sure they can do what they like, within the rules of the embargo. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    shine166 said:

Or nice bread and bitches.
    I dread to think what the standard of bitch would be like with our finances.