Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    SO relieved to know that Tom's OK .

Really happy for Luton but especially for 2 lovely guys, Tom & Alfie.
    Two more Premier players we've seen at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Scoham said:
    Surprised JT hasn’t made his way into that photo…
  • Options
    Still got his shin pads on. Quality. 
    Never been to A&E on a Saturday evening?
    I might not have been there on a Sunday afternoon, in our orange kit from The Castle in Woolwich, if I’d actually bothered wearing shin pads at the time. Sitting in my cubicle when I heard @guinnessaddick and a few others pile in saying “we’re looking for our mate…orange football shirt” 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
  • Options
    iaitch said:

There but for the grace of God go us....looking through the Luton Tn squad that won promotion it doesn't look any more or less impressive than the team we could field in 2019-2020. A manager who made his mind up about how to set up the team and better motivation seem to won it for them. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Not forgetting Andrew Shinnie, of course. He plays in the Premiership.

And to think I doubted all of those people on here who insisted he was mustard.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

There but for the grace of God go us....looking through the Luton Tn squad that won promotion it doesn't look any more or less impressive than the team we could field in 2019-2020. A manager who made his mind up about how to set up the team and better motivation seem to won it for them. 
    A better manager wouldn’t have got our 19/20 squad promoted from the Championship.

Luton don’t have big names but you don’t do as well as them without good players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    iaitch said:

A better manager wouldn’t have got our 19/20 squad promoted from the Championship.

Luton don’t have big names but you don’t do as well as them without good players.
    Sorry, but that's just rubbish.

Would a better manager have meant that we didn't have that crippling injury crisis?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    iaitch said:

Would a better manager have meant that we didn't have that crippling injury crisis?
    You’ve misread it, I said a better manager wouldn’t have got us promoted.

I was disagreeing with the suggestion Luton’s squad are no better than what we had in 19/20. The difference was more than just a good manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    iaitch said:

You’ve misread it, I said a better manager wouldn’t have got us promoted.

I was disagreeing with the suggestion Luton’s squad are no better than what we had in 19/20. The difference was more than just a good manager.
    Ah, sorry mate - my mistake. 

I did wonder why you had suddenly gone all coco loco on us - but it turns out it was me!
  • Options
    Its not with the same club so slightly different to Mpanzu

But did I hear something the other day, saying that Lockyer could become (Isnt he out of Contract?) the quickest player to go from Non-League to Premier League having played in all Divisions?

He was in the Conference with Bristol Rovers in 2014-15, Mpanzu was in the Conference in 2013-14
  • Options
  • Options
    Great news. The way Christian Eriksen has resumed his career must be comforting 
  • Options

Lockyer said the medical emergency he suffered left him "really emotional" and in tears on the Wembley pitch as he was told he would play no further part in the game.

"It was a weird one," he recalled during his first interview with the club following the incident.

"I remember running backwards and then I went really light-headed and my legs went really weak straight away, as I was running back. I remember stumbling back and then all I remember was [physiotherapist] Chris Phillips over the top of me, and he was saying 'Locks, you're coming off'.

"I was like 'no mate, no mate, I'm fine', but he was saying 'no, it's serious Locks, you've collapsed. You're coming off'. Then it dawned on me that I was on the floor and this is actually serious.

"I just got really emotional. I couldn't stop crying on the floor.

"It was probably a lot worse for everyone else watching than it was for me because as soon as I came back around, I was fine. I never really felt in any danger and it definitely wasn't as bad as it looked."

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Just signed a new deal, officially a Premier League player 👏 
    Good luck to him, glad he's officially in the clear and hopefully this really was a fluke one off and he can carry on playing for a while yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan Fox also included in Wales squad
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66655543

Back in the Wales squad. Got to respect him for pulling through everything really.
    No Matt Smith (1) or Dylan Levitt!
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66655543

Back in the Wales squad. Got to respect him for pulling through everything really.
    Absolutely. I also respect him for showing the world that he is a much better player than most people on here gave him credit for.
    I mean, I thought he was good but I would not have had him down as an international/PL player (as captain no less!) honestly.

So I'm more than happy to eat some humble pie here.
  • Options
    Currently receiving treatment again after collapsing in the game today. Thoughts with him.
  • Options
    Hope he will be okay.
  • Options
    FFS!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yeah this is very concerning for all players with heart conditions coming back into the game after a collapse. 

Hope he's ok. 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for Locks 

Come on Tom
  • Options
    I feel sick. So Hope he is ok