Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't today a clash of heads instead of the previous issue?
  • Options
    I don't know the cause, but it is reported as a cardiac arrest. 
  • Options
    Oh Ok. I read it was a head injury
  • Options
    Oh Ok. I read it was a head injury

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Oh Shit. Sadly that's probably the end of his career. 
  • Options
    Got to wish him all the best hope he pulls through 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Just hoping he's alright. His career has to be in question but his health and his family have to be the priority.
    Hoping he recovers physically, but mentally it would be difficult for him to go back out and play again, I doubt he could believe that it would not occur again.  best wishes to him and his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Desperately sad news. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery, but sadly that must be it in terms of playing.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Christian Eriksen's recovery from a similar condition and his ongoing high level career must hold out some hope for Lockyer. Fingers crossed that there's a similar medical solution for Tom.
  • Options
    We all have to be thankful he is alive and there is no reason not to be confident he will have a long life.  Maybe playing football is over for him, we can't know that, but if it is, he will have options within the game I am sure.
  • Options
    Interesting hearing Fabrice Muamba talk about players returning to play. He made the point that nothing will be risk free and that players should consider their family as well as the desire to return to the game.

As @Gary Poole says the survival rate should be much higher for cardiac arrests - CPR and defibrillators can save lives.
  • Options
    Oh Shit. Sadly that's probably the end of his career. 
    The prompt treatment saved his life. Cardiac arrests are often fatal.
    When I did my First Aid training they said survival from a drop in the street and CPR/ resus attempt is approx 1%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    he recently spent a long time on the ground during a (televised) recent Luton game for unexplained reasons. With the play off experience and this latest episode, surely his football career must be over. Always wholehearted and fiery, Luton will miss him
  • Options
    I don't think any club could risk playing him. Life is cruel at times.
  • Options
    This might have been mentioned already .. Tom underwent heart surgery during the close season .. SURGERY, intrusive stuff .. did he come back far too soon ?
  • Options
    he recently spent a long time on the ground during a (televised) recent Luton game for unexplained reasons. With the play off experience and this latest episode, surely his football career must be over. Always wholehearted and fiery, Luton will miss him
    In our relegation season he was great. One of the players that stayed fit during an injury crisis and talking players like Vennings through the game. Loved him. 

Absolutely this , I would be gutted for him if he had to retire after working his way up through the leagues with Bristol Rovers , then us and then Luton.

If he does have to retire as a result of this , like Brighton have done with Enoch Mwepu then I hope Luton can find a way to keep him around the club. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    im happy he managed to get to the prem and live out a childhood dream - sadly would say thats the end of pro football for him 

hopefully he can get into something else at luton and be part of there future 
  • Options
    In our relegation season he was great. One of the players that stayed fit during an injury crisis and talking players like Vennings through the game. Loved him. 

He was good , he’s massively improved.  I hope he can play again