Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    Was Chuks a regular starter when at MK Dons or did they have the same issue with his fitness?
    Started 26-times in 2017/18 and 2018/19 in League One and then League Two

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chuks-aneke/leistungsdaten/spieler/122694/plus/0?saison=2017
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chuks-aneke/leistungsdaten/spieler/122694/plus/0?saison=2018

Started 11-times for us this season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chuks-aneke/leistungsdaten/spieler/122694/plus/0?saison=2020
    Seems unlikely he will ever be a regular starter.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Out of interest, how many times has he played at The Valley when fans were present..?  I wasn't at the 2 games late last year but went to all the home games the season before (until Covid struck in March). However, iirc Chucks was injured early on that season & only came back once the league was re-started. I remember seeing him play at Reading (came on during the 2nd half - quell surprise - caused a nuisance and won us the match). 

Just cant really recall seeing him in the flesh at home....certainly not starting a match. 
  • Options
    Though he was poor Saturday after he came on
  • Options
    Out of interest, how many times has he played at The Valley when fans were present..?  I wasn't at the 2 games late last year but went to all the home games the season before (until Covid struck in March). However, iirc Chucks was injured early on that season & only came back once the league was re-started. I remember seeing him play at Reading (came on during the 2nd half - quell surprise - caused a nuisance and won us the match). 

Just cant really recall seeing him in the flesh at home....certainly not starting a match. 
    I can only honestly remember him coming on against Stoke and scoring. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Does anyone have any knowledge around what his "issues" exactly are? I remember seeing someone post a comment from Stockley about having belief in his body or something alone those lines?
    Yes and not pleasant from what I've heard.

Nothing to do with his levels of fitness, stamina or injury.
    Very sad, if true.
    Hope he gets back on the right track soon.
  • Options

I can only honestly remember him coming on against Stoke and scoring. 
    He came on against Leeds at home 
  • Options
    I love Chucks and hope he signs again. It will be great when crowds as back as him coming on will lift the crowd and the players as we all know he can change the game and score a goal.
    It is a long time since we have been able to look at the bench and see a player who can do that and he will be worth every shilling. Much better Chucks than someone on the slide as an impact sub.
  • Options

Played 6 times at home last season.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If you had 3 forwards of the quality of Stockley, Washington and let's just say Lyle Taylor (c2019) would you want your 4th striker to be:

A) Chuks Aneke
    B ) Josh Parker
    C) Ronnie Schwartz
    D) Josh Davison

Him coming off the bench must scare the shit out of center halves.  If you have got a guy that can come off the bench and score 15-20 goals a season, I would strongly suggest that's what you do with him.  No one else in this league has one.

He can't start, does it really matter?  Stockley, Washington et Al aren't going to score 15 goals a season of they never start, Chuks will.  Its like getting rid of your goal keeper because he can't play left back.  Or are we planning on not using subs next season? 
    No brainer. 
    Even if he commands the same salary as your No.1 striker? Or maybe it's acceptable because he scores as many goals as the others from a quarter of the pitch time.
    You get paid for the job you do in many workplaces now rather than the time on the job.

Pay him a low basic with a fair playing bonus and a decent goals bonus.

Both Incentivising him to play and score.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If you had 3 forwards of the quality of Stockley, Washington and let's just say Lyle Taylor (c2019) would you want your 4th striker to be:

A) Chuks Aneke
    B ) Josh Parker
    C) Ronnie Schwartz
    D) Josh Davison

Him coming off the bench must scare the shit out of center halves.  If you have got a guy that can come off the bench and score 15-20 goals a season, I would strongly suggest that's what you do with him.  No one else in this league has one.

He can't start, does it really matter?  Stockley, Washington et Al aren't going to score 15 goals a season of they never start, Chuks will.  Its like getting rid of your goal keeper because he can't play left back.  Or are we planning on not using subs next season? 
    No brainer. 
    Even if he commands the same salary as your No.1 striker? Or maybe it's acceptable because he scores as many goals as the others from a quarter of the pitch time.
    You get paid for the job you do in many workplaces now rather than the time on the job.

Pay him a low basic with a fair playing bonus and a decent goals bonus.

Both Incentivising him to play and score.
    Sounds good, but it would not be easy to negotiate with a very good striker. There will be a lot of clubs offering better.
    We want to get out of this league and Chucks is one of those players that can help us do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turns out the timer emoji was simply referring to an end of season highlights video of his goals 
    I wonder who's benifit that's for 🤔🤔
  • Options
    Which he posted briefly yesterday before deleting it.

The plot thickens. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Turns out the timer emoji was simply referring to an end of season highlights video of his goals 
    A team that plays in blue, hence wearing the blue kit. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A team that plays in blue, hence wearing the blue kit. 
    I think you maybe half right 😜

Or is it the left half that blue 🤔
  • Options
    He didn't remove it. It was a Story, not a post.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I hate all this cryptic bollocks that players post.  If you are staying then stay, if not, £uck off! 

I feel for him with whatever his issue is, but giving him a new contract, it’s like saying to your boss at work “I’m happy working here, but I’m only doing 2 days a week, but keep paying me for the full week” My guess is we have offered him a deal but on reduced wages - which is the right thing to do. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I hate all this cryptic bollocks that players post.  If you are staying then stay, if not, £uck off! 

I feel for him with whatever his issue is, but giving him a new contract, it’s like saying to your boss at work “I’m happy working here, but I’m only doing 2 days a week, but keep paying me for the full week” My guess is we have offered him a deal but on reduced wages - which is the right thing to do. 
    How about people don't try reading into their posts? Either we get it or we don't.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Does anyone have any knowledge around what his "issues" exactly are? I remember seeing someone post a comment from Stockley about having belief in his body or something alone those lines?

You can't leave it like that. Can you explain more please.
    Nuremberg’s?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He definitely posted the actual video to his main account page, after it was his story, and then deleted it soon after.

Does not mean anything by the way, am just pointing it out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Nuremberg’s?
    Eh?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Addickted said:

Nuremberg’s?
    Eh?
    Trials 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He definitely posted the actual video to his main account page, after it was his story, and then deleted it soon after.

Does not mean anything by the way, am just pointing it out. 
    Coool. Am sure we'll find out come tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Gutted if I’ve not received an email personally from Nigel at 12:01 with a list of who is leaving the club.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Addickted said:

Nuremberg’s?
    Eh?
    Nuremberg Trials..........piles!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Addickted said:

Nuremberg’s?
    Eh?
    Nuremberg Trials..........piles!
    Well everyday is a school day.
    I always called them Challfonts 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    I think a Champ club will take a punt on Aneke, maybe a newly promoted one. If Oxford go up can definitely see Robbo being interested, he tried to sign him on loan from us in January 2020. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I can't see it being the same problem that Darren Fletcher had before he retired as he wouldn't have been in the 18 so often.

DF the player not the Commentator.

Long Covid was mentioned but Chuks was missing games long before COVID-19 put in an appearance.