Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 007 to be a woman

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Move over Chizz, there's a couple of new contenders
    Meh, seems lame to me to fall back on that approach.
    It can seem whatever mate, but some of you do tend to pull the old "ist" card out at the first sign of a presumed white bloke having an opinion on anything other than the topic of a football supporting "white bloke".
    In my opinion you’re the one that’s ‘pulled a card’ here by referring to an imagined group, rather than continuing the discussion. 

I don’t know why Dave thinks Bond has to be white, and I don’t know why you’d suggest Luther has to be white if indeed the original actor plays a black Bond. Neither of you seems keen to help me understand your opinion. 
    I don’t know why you’re dragging me back into this jimmy?

You’re the one that started calling me racist and now you’re accusing Rob of pulling a card??

james bond is white, get over it, we don’t have to give everyone a go at playing him to make it fair. He’s a fictional character for fucks sake 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Move over Chizz, there's a couple of new contenders
    Meh, seems lame to me to fall back on that approach.
    It can seem whatever mate, but some of you do tend to pull the old "ist" card out at the first sign of a presumed white bloke having an opinion on anything other than the topic of a football supporting "white bloke".
    In my opinion you’re the one that’s ‘pulled a card’ here by referring to an imagined group, rather than continuing the discussion. 

I don’t know why Dave thinks Bond has to be white, and I don’t know why you’d suggest Luther has to be white if indeed the original actor plays a black Bond. Neither of you seems keen to help me understand your opinion. 

james bond is white, get over it

Faultless logic, well argued. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I think it's such an amazing decision to make this move now. Everyone in the selection process should be lauded for their undeniable courage and bravery in appointing what will be seen as a controversial decision in this age of middle aged toxic white masculinity.

Anyone speaking against this truly inspirational casting should hang their non-progressive heads in absolute shame.

All those in support should be rightfully commended for doing so and for being such wonderful human beings. Such amazing people.

Has she got big bangers?

You see, this is the sort of misogynistic poppycock that needs to be eradicated. By force if necessary. There's absolutely no reason why people should think so differently and have such polarising views or opinions on something that can only be seen as positive.

I'm still on holiday; I just wanted to quote these images again
    Sounds like a fun trip
  • Options
    That bullshit mad world.its not really a explication it’s more like a excuse.in my opinion we are all racist but in different levels for example I don’t like you because you millwall &@— or you could be ginger so you could be a millwall ginger &@£- is that not racist picking on the colour of your hair.or you could be fat. Bald. Four eyes.Is anyone telling me they’ve never said these things to someone or about someone. I used to give this guy a lift a proper racist wouldn’t do that but I remember the song about vince halaire and the sooner be a &@£- than a scouse and to me that is racist and wrong more than a white person saying the n word. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That posts a wet dream to some people on here. Should be interesting....
  • Options
    Please let the season start soon!
  • Options
    That’s not very millwall backing away from a debate 
  • Options
    "F*ck you.....I'm Millwall!"
  • Options
    "F*ck you.....I'm Millwall!"
    The infamous Danny Baker Question Time appearance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    007 can be anyone, you can’t however make James Bond a woman so even if they start making films where 007 is female/black/Chinese/native American they won’t be Bond films 
    James Bond as a character is defined by a bunch of things. 

- Sex addiction
    - Alcoholism
    - Arrogance
    - Fighting ability
    - Shooting ability

He’s also quintessentially English, and yet he's been played by a Scot, an Irishman and an Australian. 

I realise this this thread is more about passive aggressive irony, but there are two points I’d like to make - firstly, judging a film’s plot point before you’ve seen the film is ridiculous, and secondly, saying Bond can’t be black is nonsense. By that token, you’re implying that you’re more worthy of the role than Idris Elba, because you are white. 

You’re suave enough? Good looking enough? Ripped enough? You’d be able to tick off that list above? Or Elba can’t purley because of the colour of his skin?

How anyone can make that claim and not consider themselves a teensy bit racist bemuses me. 
    He's the son of a Scottish bloke and a Swiss woman.
    Spot on - James Bond is not English.
    Maybe they should bring out an English one then, to make him more representative 
    Exactly, that’s why Idris Elba should get the part
    If you insist
  • Options

That's not a debate, it's a set up :D
  • Options
    Suicide mission
  • Options
    Finishing breakfast in sunny Stroud. Idly contemplating switching allegiances to Forest Green Rovers? Nah. But the breakfast is lovely
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Finishing breakfast in sunny Stroud. Idly contemplating switching allegiances to Forest Green Rovers? Nah. But the breakfast is lovely
    Great story, when's the movie?
  • Options
    THAT, was gonna be my response, and it was gonna be Jo Brand ffs
  • Options

I think it's such an amazing decision to make this move now. Everyone in the selection process should be lauded for their undeniable courage and bravery in appointing what will be seen as a controversial decision in this age of middle aged toxic white masculinity.

Anyone speaking against this truly inspirational casting should hang their non-progressive heads in absolute shame.

All those in support should be rightfully commended for doing so and for being such wonderful human beings. Such amazing people.

My non-progressive head is hanging so low in shame I can almost lick my navel. Female Bond? Impossible. Will never watch a Bond movie again - and I went to see the first one back when donkey's wore high hats.
  • Options
    I hope Trump speaks out on this - most of our cowardly spineless politicians have said nothing.

If he loses the next election (OK I Know that's next to impossible in American politics) he could use his influence to get the role.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I'm going to be played by Emma Watson
    Genuine LOL for this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to Trump his pussy grabbing moves would look quite tame in the early Bond films. 
  • Options

That bullshit mad world.its not really a explication it’s more like a excuse.in my opinion we are all racist but in different levels for example I don’t like you because you millwall &@— or you could be ginger so you could be a millwall ginger &@£- is that not racist picking on the colour of your hair.or you could be fat. Bald. Four eyes.Is anyone telling me they’ve never said these things to someone or about someone. I used to give this guy a lift a proper racist wouldn’t do that but I remember the song about vince halaire and the sooner be a &@£- than a scouse and to me that is racist and wrong more than a white person saying the n word. 
    I think it's via 1975 mate...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Where did you have that breakfast?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Where did you have that breakfast?
    Don't get carried away, it's @Leuth.

So we're talking Chickpea Pancakes and Blueberry Oatmeal Waffles
  • Options
    I think the most frustrating thing is that Idris Elba looks set to miss out and anyone who has seen Luther would know he would absolutely boss the James Bond role, he has it all.

Never liked all the other short listers, without going into it too much Cumberbatch and Hiddlestone don't look like a Bond to me, although Cavill looks the part he isn't the best actor. Elba just ticks all the boxes and I'm proper disappointed they've pied him off.
  • Options
    Wouldn't Charles Hawtrey have made the best Bond, after all the baddies would never have suspected he was a spy? Idris Elba has spy written all over him.
  • Options
    That’s why I asked millenniums to explain I’m middle aged southerner living in north and get told I’m a cockney whatever or a southern whatever plenty of times. should there be a rule that only cockneys can call cockneys cockneys. 
    Ive installed machinery in various countries around the world and I’ve seen racist comments plenty of time mainly to the cheap labour workers in them countries 
    I was in gazinepe Turkey. It was right on the border with seria. The Turks were all calling the Syrians lazy what ever and slagging them. When they were working twice as hard building the factory structure as the Turks stood about and the lack of safety gear unbelievable they were risking there life’s building for the Turks. 
    In Canada it was same with Canadians slagging of the Philippines.who I must say was so much more friendly than the Canadians. 
    But worst was Thailand where it was Cambodians. They had to wear different coloured overalls. Was not allowed in the canteen with the Thais to eat at same time and to be honest I never see one in that canteen at any time. 
    Really our country is not that bad on this issue as some places I’ve been. but as with everything it can improve.But sometimes we brush stuff under the carpet and ignore issues. This is why I think boris and Trump are doing so well because they are being more honest about stuff.people my age get it. 
    Trump and Americans make me laugh though want to build a wall to stop Mexicans coming into there country Then they all go on holiday to Mexico.  
    Its a mad world one day the aliens will land and we will all be on the same side fighting the aliens.I want will smith next to me he knows how to kick alien arse. 
  • Options
    All this backlash over clickbate.. well done 
  • Options
    I think the most frustrating thing is that Idris Elba looks set to miss out and anyone who has seen Luther would know he would absolutely boss the James Bond role, he has it all.

Never liked all the other short listers, without going into it too much Cumberbatch and Hiddlestone don't look like a Bond to me, although Cavill looks the part he isn't the best actor. Elba just ticks all the boxes and I'm proper disappointed they've pied him off.
    I would have loved to see Idris as bond, he would have nailed it.
  • Options

Ultimately all that really matters to the producers is making a huge amount of money and teeing up the the next movie. If they thought Elba was going to deliver both they'd have cast him.