Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iran

Comments

• Options
    Send in the drones, followed by a couple of B61's to mop up
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    wmcf123 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes, am sure that at the last election neither Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn were on my ballot paper n
    Yet these people's personalities play s huge role in the vote received for the parties they represent.
    Agreed. That’s why Labour lost 
    I completely agree.  I can't think of any other reason this shower of shit are hanging on to power.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes, am sure that at the last election neither Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn were on my ballot paper n
    Yet these people's personalities play s huge role in the vote received for the parties they represent.
    Agreed. That’s why Labour lost 
    I completely agree.  I can't think of any other reason this shower of shit are hanging on to power.
    The DUP?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ...and quite clearly Trumps intention is to provoke Iran into making a move that he can use to justify further military intervention in the middle east, and they will bite because their government are lunatics and we will back him because we will be entirely dependent on the US after we leave Europe.
    Clears throat:
    To be fair to Trump, he is arguably the only thing keep us from attacking Iran at the moment. It's not him who actually wants a war with Iran. The problem is, John Bolton has been dreaming about war with Iran since before I was born, and Mike Pompeo also believe in that NeoCon clash of civilizations shit. And they seem to have free range at the moment. 

I do not think the American people would support a war with Iran. The problem is, you do not need the support or the American people or even Congress to start a war with Iran.
    Looks more like it's Iran trying to start a confrontation to me, as always. 
  • Options
    We've had great success in the past working with the US in the Middle East and that's helped to make it such a stable region. 

Trump probably thinks Iran is in Europe.

• Options
    send in the May-bot to negotiate .. she'll swap the two new aircraft carriers for the release of the tanker .. and throw in a few billion as a sweetener 
  • Options
    send in the May-bot to negotiate .. she'll swap the two new aircraft carriers for the release of the tanker .. and throw in a few billion as a sweetener 
    Maybe a team effort if she brought in Katrien?
  • Options
    It’s okay, Jeremy Hunt is extremely disappointed with Iran , he’s also the first entrepreneur to run for P M and he ran the N H S , that will scare them.
  • Options
    Jeremy Hunt is not an entrepreneur. He was given a monopoly buying contract by his Aunt Virginia Bottomley, who was a cabinet minister. He had no experience in the area, and it didn't go to competitive tender. The only person that thinks Jeremy Hunt is an entrepreneur is Jeremy Hunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My post was tongue firmly lodged in cheek 
  • Options
    Send in the troops get the shops back and bomb the crap out of them with the USA
    That worked well in Iraq.
  • Options
    Try it again we might get it right this time we have to act and act with military power 
  • Options
    Try it again we might get it right this time we have to act and act with military power 
    Where would you send troops, what types and to what end? 
  • Options
    The UK and the USA has a history of disastrous foreign policy in the Middle East - fortunately the idiots in charge never learn.

If military power and no strategy is all you have got then inevitably it ends in disaster. Iraq and Libya were a great success.... 

We intervene, destabilise the region further and then can't cope with the consequences.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I’d send in special forces to secure the ships then get a crew on board and once our bomb the shit out of the Harbour they were in 
  • Options
    Of the SAS are worth what we spend on them, they should be planning an extraction of the poor woman handcuffed to her bed in hospital.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    I’d send in special forces to secure the ships then get a crew on board and once our bomb the shit out of the Harbour they were in 
    Happy with the inevitable civilian loss of life caused by "bombing the shit out of them"?
    The US and the UK have never given a stuff about civilian casualties in the Middle East - won't change now.
    #shockandawe
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Happy with the inevitable civilian loss of life caused by "bombing the shit out of them"?
    The US and the UK have never given a stuff about civilian casulalties in the Middle East - won't change now.
    #shockandawe
    Not strictly true, we couldn't sell anti-personnel mines and cluster bombs otherwise.
  • Options
    We took the Iranian tanker as it was going to supply oil to Syria banned under EU sanctions--------- nice to see our good European mates now backing us up.

Give them their tanker back ,fuc k the EU sanctions.Let the navy's  of Cyprus,Eire,Belguim,Holland, etc enforce the sanctions.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Never happy with it but this is an act of aggression against our flag what ever the consequences are for the country that caused it then so be it 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Easy. Send a couple of carriers into the Straits. Any ships that hassle ships in international waters get fired on And nothing beyond that. Don’t attack Iran. No civilian deaths, just to aggressors breaking international law in international waters.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Never happy with it but this is an act of aggression against our flag what ever the consequences are for the country that caused it then so be it 
    Let’s try and talk away around the problem shall we. I really can’t understand why anyone would think at this point military action is even an option.
    Its been over 24hrs
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Chizz said:
    Let’s try and talk away around the problem shall we. I really can’t understand why anyone would think at this point military action is even an option.
    Its been over 24hrs
    24 hours. That’s irrelevant.
  • Options
    We took the Iranian tanker as it was going to supply oil to Syria banned under EU sanctions--------- nice to see our good European mates now backing us up.

Give them their tanker back ,fuc k the EU sanctions.Let the navy's  of Cyprus,Eire,Belguim,Holland, etc enforce the sanctions.

EU haven’t given any statements in support. BA cancel flights to Cairo for 7 days presumably based on intel received. No other EU airlines have done so, presumably because we haven’t shared intel?

Don’t help us, we don’t help you?