Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greta Thunberg Climate warrioress.

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    No, she a young woman with a gift.
    She can smell bullshit and sound bites.

Despite her Asperger's, she does understand Irony ?
    People shouting out compliments from their 4x4 SUV's.  
    Just because we are doomed to failure because of India, China, Russia and the USA not giving a toss, doesn't make Greta wrong.
    Absolutely agree with your sentiment Soapy but have to say that a really good saying I heard is "You meet a person with Aspergers, you have met one person with Aspergers". 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who? ;)

You have the urge to assault a child with autism? 
    LMAO must be fishing season!

Personally don't have a problem with her, but the problem is not the consumers it is the providers. You have to force them to change as consumers will choose easiest and cheapest every time. 
    Consumers need to stop consuming - that will then force the providers to change.
  • Options
    Was about to refer to the same info, @PragueAddick  

Greta has posted numerous pictures of her train journeys on Twitter.

Knock, Knock.
    Who's there?
    Someone spouting ill-informed drivel. 

Trains aren't powered by unicorn smiles and pixie dust.
    You seem to be suggesting that environmentalists shouldn't be allowed to travel.
  • Options
    tom- k said:
    Was about to refer to the same info, @PragueAddick  

Greta has posted numerous pictures of her train journeys on Twitter.

Knock, Knock.
    Who's there?
    Someone spouting ill-informed drivel. 

Trains aren't powered by unicorn smiles and pixie dust.
    Is there anyway to mute a poster? 
    Just stop giving him the attention he so desperately wishes he had.  It's envy.
  • Options
    Extinction Rebellion protesters who were asked not to block Heathrow, moved the protest to Edinburgh.
    Did they walk ?
    No sane person, including Greta Thunberg, argues that we should all stop flying, stop using our cars, etc. The argument is that we should all actively look for ways in which we can reduce our carbon footprints. She took the train across Europe mainly to illustrate that it is possible. She is smart enough to understand that not everybody can do that. 

There are sadly a lot of selfish  ***** who refuse to even try to do these things, only because that would inconvenience their precious "lifestyles". Some of them, including politicians, argue against the accepted science (even though hardly any of them are remotely qualified to make such arguments; and actively attack anyone who tries publicly to argue for such steps, even if the person arguing it is a 16 year old girl. I trust that you are not one of them.
    Why are you asking ??
    LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No absolutely not. 

My partner in my old record label is a climate change expert, and has been banging on about it for fifteen years and driving me nuts. Unfortunately everything he has said is coming true. 
    We have 18 months to fix the planet?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/science-environment-48964736

• Options
    No
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Just watching Horizon on catch up about how the supermarkets con us and even put us at risk with food. Better not to know. Don't watch it! 

Basically, if they honestly labelled their food, nobody would buy it.
  • Options
    Or just don't buy from supermarkets, buy everything fresh, you'll save money and feels tons healthier.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who? ;)

You have the urge to assault a child with autism? 
    LMAO must be fishing season!

Personally don't have a problem with her, but the problem is not the consumers it is the providers. You have to force them to change as consumers will choose easiest and cheapest every time. 
    Consumers need to stop consuming - that will then force the providers to change..
    Bolded the bit you're ignoring.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Or just don't buy from supermarkets, buy everything fresh, you'll save money and feels tons healthier.
    Sorry Stu but the day of the high  Street grocer/butcher/baker are  long gone. There are a few but they can't compete with the supermarket on price and the variety of out of season stuff that we demand.
  • Options
    So you'd knowingly put yourself at risk to not have to eat different things throughout the year? Seems crazy to me.

I have to admit when I first moved here, the fact I could only really eat 'in season' food was quite annoying, now I love it. 
  • Options
    You won’t save money that’s for sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never heard of this girl. 
    No interest in her campaign. 

Dont want to push anything in her face though. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Never heard of this girl. 
    No interest in her campaign. 

Dont want to push anything in her face though. 
    Given that you only have one lung that’s a pretty daft thing to say moosh.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Really? When I was at Uni is when I started cooking things from scratch and 'batch cooking' I certainly saved money.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Really? When I was at Uni is when I started cooking things from scratch and 'batch cooking' I certainly saved money.
    I was thinking more of buying a kg of mince at a supermarket is cheaper than buying a kg of mince at local butcher rather than say buying a supermarket ready made lasagne compared to making one yourself. 
  • Options
    I would always buy from a butchers, I guess Hull is very different for grocers/buthers though.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Really. The supermarkets push many staples out at less than cost price to get people into their stores. If I remember rightly, 'loss-leaders' is the term to describe this. Local shops will never be able to beat them on the price of these items, because they'd go bust sooner or later if they did. If you stick to the basics, buy in bulk and go for stuff with less packaging its highly unlikely you'd get cheaper in a small shop.  Where the prices start to rack up in the supermarkets is with our penchant for pre-prepared, pre-washed, ready to eat stuff. The trick is to avoid these, because you pay through the nose for a bit of bulk processing.

As for 'farm shops', don't get me started. Eye-watering prices for those gullible enough to imagine they are getting something better.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!