Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    My view is the embargo was known and changed thongs for Chelsea. We no longer became a good environment for him. I'm sure they realised it would all become toxic very quickly. As soon as another option came up they were always gonna take it. The fact that there was more money involved would always help.
  • Options
    However painful it might be to see him at Palace, he's an excellent player, and seems a decent person as well

I can see Chelsea integrating him into their first team squad next season. How long can Gareth not call him up also, now he's shining in the PL?
    I think he would add something valuable to the England squad however not sure he'd get in over the other midfield options we have
  • Options
    Another goal today (massive deflection mind) but sounds like a MOTM performance, hopefully he keeps up this form and gets recalled...
  • Options
    He is outstanding and would walk into 90% of premiership sides but I dont think he would get into Chelsea. If Palace have any true ambition they should break the bank to sign him permanently ( I hate actually saying those words ) I honestly feel for the lad as it must be tough being out on loan all the time wondering if he will ever play for his own club
  • Options
    Was at a mates watching.

Gallagher was his typical self 
  • Options
    I remember a game against Cardiff in the Championship, I think it was a draw, and never forget the train journey home. Was the1st time my eldest talked the ears off me on our performance. He raved about Conor that day and continued up until Conor got recalled.  Was gutted..
    And now my punishment is my son updating me on Conor's Fifa rating regularly.
    I could probably deal with it better if he was back at Chelsea or elsewhere but at Palace it's making me itch 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    He is outstanding and would walk into 90% of premiership sides but I dont think he would get into Chelsea. If Palace have any true ambition they should break the bank to sign him permanently ( I hate actually saying those words ) I honestly feel for the lad as it must be tough being out on loan all the time wondering if he will ever play for his own club
    Not being funny, have you been watching Man Utd lately, now that’s a team that should break the bank for him!!!!, he is that good, in fact he’s better than what they have. 
  • Options
    Such a bloody good player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V frustrating watching him on MOTD doing it for the stripey nuts. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Not being funny, have you been watching Man Utd lately, now that’s a team that should break the bank for him!!!!, he is that good, in fact he’s better than what they have. 
    Easy to say when he's performing at a lesser club though.

Look at someone like Lingard, can't get in their starting XI but at West Ham looked like one of the best players in the league.

Don't get me wrong, i think Gallagher is a great prospect and Chelsea should 100% keep him for their squad next season but i think he's a way off being top 4-5 quality yet.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    I havent actually done the maths but I think Utd come under the 90% category 🤭 I was talking about the difference he has made from a Palace perspective and if they let him return from loan without seriously trying to buy him they would be mental. I think your right though the 2 teams he doesnt get into their midfield at the moment is Chelsea and City imo
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Not being funny, have you been watching Man Utd lately, now that’s a team that should break the banfor him!!!!, he is that good, in fact he’s better than what they have. 
    I havent actually done the maths but I think Utd come under the 90% category 🤭 I was talking about the difference he has made from a Palace perspective and if they let him return from loan without seriously trying to buy him they would be mental. I think your right though the 2 teams he doesnt get into their midfield at the moment is Chelsea and City imo
    Yes I agree with all you are saying, was just having a sly dig at united. I think he is so good .
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Easy to say when he's performing at a lesser club though.

Look at someone like Lingard, can't get in their starting XI but at West Ham looked like one of the best players in the league.

Don't get me wrong, i think Gallagher is a great prospect and Chelsea should 100% keep him for their squad next season but i think he's a way off being top 4-5 quality yet.
    You make a good point, I just think he’s one of those that is a bit better than the rest though.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was at a mates watching.

Shame on you. :-) 
  • Options
    Patrick Vieira is getting the best out of Gallagher and Zaha by playing a different brand of football to the staid Roy Hodgson.

West Brom were a weak team in the Premier and unfortunately Palace are on the up.

Spent my time with Palace and Chelsea fans ( kids and dads) with the teams I was involved with so I'm used to the pity recently. Chelsea middle-age guys know how good we were before they captured Scott Parker.

Cambridge and Plymouth are the teams we have to beat, not Chelsea and Palace who are light years ahead of us now.

I'm realistic and you have to find  ways to win matches in the 3rd tier and not act like prima Donnas and say this is a shite League. 

Under Johnnie Jackson we will continue to improve as long as every decent teenagers isn't sold before their 20th Birthday.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was at a mates watching.

Shame on you. :-) 
    He's a Wolves fan! I don't see many of my Surrey & Sussex based palarse lot anymore! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I would be shocked to see him play for England.
    I think him playing for England is starting to become a more realistic proposition.
    Even more realistic now!
  • Options
    In today's Mirror.

• Options
    That article also mentions Marc Guehi. The Chelsea setup is producing an incredible number of players, and most of them are genuine Chelsea academy players too, not players poached from other clubs at 16
  • Options
    My personal palace hatred has declined. I'm no longer fussed about them either way.
    Rivalries will stick and stand but I really do t give a sh*t about them anymore at the moment.

They are an established premier League club and they have a lot going for them.

An ex premier League legend as manager and he's getting the best out of a prospect who has now got an England call up.

Good on him. I hope he keeps putting it in the back of the net.

Gallagher wanted to stay at Charlton but our off field problems continuously fucked everything up at the time.

He was a great spot from bowyer and our recruitment team