Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Talal said:
    Thought he looked sharper tonight than he has done recently. Lucky to not suffer a serious injury. 
    Could have had his season ended tonight.
  • Great attitude, he has the hunger that all top players have
  • Have only seen 30 minutes of the Fulham game, plus tonight's/afternoon's game this season.

This kid is a fantastic player and hope that the board do as much as they can to extend the loan.
  • Have only seen 30 minutes of the Fulham game, plus tonight's/afternoon's game this season.

This kid is a fantastic player and hope that the board do as much as they can to extend the loan.
    Agreed, but think he will be in the Premier League next season. I can accept that but would be gutted if he leaves in January to someone like Burnley. 
  • Stig said:
    Can someone tell me, what's the music to the Connor Gallagher chant? Cheers.
    https://open.spotify.com/track/1A8j067qyiNwQnZT0bzUpZ?si=A3rbySelSJ2c-bThd7bN7w 

There you go 
  • Stig said:
    Do Do Do Conor Gallagher?
    Stig said:
    https://open.spotify.com/track/1A8j067qyiNwQnZT0bzUpZ?si=A3rbySelSJ2c-bThd7bN7w 

There you go 
    Thanks very much @Addicktion, I tried googling what @ForeverAddickted said and it just came up with Do Doo Ron Ron.
  • Missed It said:
    I know it was an unpleasant evening for Gallagher last night but in the long run I think it will turn out to be extremely valuable in his development as a player.  He had the absolute shit kicked out of him all night by a scummy Derby team that seemed to be deliberately targeting him, but he kept his cool and carried on getting stuck in, didn't hide, didn't whine and ignored the crowd's laughable behaviour.  Perhaps not his best technical performance but a huge demonstration of guts and character.
    Absolutely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:
    I know it was an unpleasant evening for Gallagher last night but in the long run I think it will turn out to be extremely valuable in his development as a player.  He had the absolute shit kicked out of him all night by a scummy Derby team that seemed to be deliberately targeting him, but he kept his cool and carried on getting stuck in, didn't hide, didn't whine and ignored the crowd's laughable behaviour.  Perhaps not his best technical performance but a huge demonstration of guts and character.
    I agree.  I wanted Bowyer to take him off to save him from a further kicking but glad he didnt/couldnt.  He carried on.  Fantastic young player.  
  • Missed It said:
    Great analysis.

Many players of his age and experience would have got sent off through frustration last night, but he didn’t, he literally pulled up his socks after each late tackle, and got on with his job. 

At half time, the tv camera focused on his blood stained sock as he walked past the on-pitch officials, he didn’t even try and show them the damage nor have a moan to them about the tackles he’d endured for 45 minutes. So many other players would have been shouting and complaining. Thought that was incredibly professional behaviour from a young player. 
    Future captain of England 
  • I'm pretty sure that 19 year old Bowyer would have got sent off for retaliation early on in the second half if he'd been on the receiving end of the treatment Gallagher got last night.
  • Will top teams think twice before loaning their stars of the future to teams that they'll stand out in, if they're just going to get lumps kicked out of them every week? Conor could have had his season ended last night and has been cynically targeted two games running now.
  • He's got a great future ahead of him , that's for sure!
  • Will top teams think twice before loaning their stars of the future to teams that they'll stand out in, if they're just going to get lumps kicked out of them every week? Conor could have had his season ended last night and has been cynically targeted two games running now.

I think that's the difference between the Championship and the lower leagues.  There is no chance Chelsea would loan us Gallagher if we were still in League One.  The Championship is probably the most ferociously competitive league in world football and that's why Premier League teams want to test their young players there.  If they have the skill, they shine, but if they don't have the guts they'll be found out in no time.
  • edited December 2019
    Missed It said:
    Great analysis.

Many players of his age and experience would have got sent off through frustration last night, but he didn’t, he literally pulled up his socks after each late tackle, and got on with his job. 

At half time, the tv camera focused on his blood stained sock as he walked past the on-pitch officials, he didn’t even try and show them the damage nor have a moan to them about the tackles he’d endured for 45 minutes. So many other players would have been shouting and complaining. Thought that was incredibly professional behaviour from a young player. 
    agreed - he's an absolute credit to himself and chelsea - the crowd were trying to influence the referee every time he got the ball after bielik got sent off - all for the audacity of receiving a shocking late tackle which luckily caught the sole of his foot and not his ankle - the latter and he'd be out for 3 months. He then took a load more bad tackles and still kept coming back for more and controlled himself in order to not get sent off. I'm not certain he has that extra bit to play at the very top level (by that i mean champions league / international - i think he will play in the prem though) but he certainly has the guts and character to have a great career 
  • Probably flattened Conor to get their own back on Frank Lampard. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:
    Missed It said:
    Great analysis.

As I was watching the game on TV and Bowyer was getting into it with the 4th official, I couldn't help wondering how Bowyer would have dealt with the same treatment Gallagher was getting back when he was our 19 year old prodigy.  I suspect there would have been a lot more swearing, aggro and yellow cards flying about!

I don't normally care much about loan players, and certainly not during the Roland years, but I will be following Gallagher's career when he's finished with us.  I honestly think he is future England captain material.

The lad stands out like a beacon, he'll go far.  Maturity and composure beyond his years.

I'd like to think we can stay up and Chelsea will allow him game time with us.
  • Player who will get a big welcome back at the Valley if we play Chelsea in the next few years. My favourite loan player I've seen at cafc since I started coming in 1980 
  • Player who will get a big welcome back at the Valley if we play Chelsea in the next few years. My favourite loan player I've seen at cafc since I started coming in 1980 
    Scott Carson was not bad, finished POTY.
  • Daily Mail expect Gallagher’s loan to end with West Brom and Swansea interested in taking him on loan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7843915/West-Brom-Swansea-join-race-sign-19-year-old-Chelsea-midfielder-Conor-Gallagher.html
  • why would they cut his loan short just to send him to another champ team??
  • In fckin Wales away from his family. 

Hahahah
    So he can take stage 2 in his development by playing with better players playing better football 
    So he can take stage 2 in his development by playing with better players playing better football 
    Where there is no guarantee that he will even play, or if he does play is in a system or position which does not suit him.

All the snippets we have heard coming from Chelsea is that they are very happy with Gallagher's development at Charlton, so why would they make a move that could potentially hinder that. 
  • Be surprised if he goes to another Champ team. Only reason would be they are not happy that he has been overused recently. Hopefully they will see new owners, injuries etc mean this won’t be the case all season. 

Even without bias it makes sense to stay here and then have a season in the prem next year.